EMAILS.... LACK OF RESPONSE FROM EDITOR OF F.S.M.

noelsmith

Any of you guys have problems getting a response to your emails from the Editor of Fine Scale Modeler?

Tried to contact him ref articles that were posted to him on CD Rom on more than one occassion but no feedback.

I haven't dealt with them in quite a while, but I always called them on the phone if I had an important question. That way, if my question needs to be redirected to someone other than I thought should be handling it, it could be done then and there. Some people are good about answering emails, while others are not. Also, just because it didn't bounce back to you doesn't mean it didn't end up in his spam box, where it might be ignored or deleted, or both. If he has received it, and is just being slow about answering, then I'd call that unprofessional conduct. However, it's hard to say without knowing whether your message was received or simply disappeared into the ether....

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks fotr the feedback Gil

Ref Spam, I guess it depends on how Matt Usher's email receipts are set up.

I must admit I have been tempted to phone, but if I am kept hanging on, calling from the UK will get very expensive.

The 2 CD roms that I posted off on separate dates to Kalmbach have already cost me £4.50 each in postage..Approx 11 to 12 bucks overall in your money.

It's just that it's a bit frustrating having sent a replacement article on CD rom for the first one that got lost, still getting no feedback and wondering if the second one has also vanished. That's why I wanted to find out if others were getting the same problems.

• 1 month later...

I have tried that as well Robin, and using their reply slots on their website, but still getting no reply to any of my messages.

It is pretty obvious that I am wasting my time, as I am quite sure that my messages are getting through.

I guess that the guy is quite busy editing FSM, but must admit that I would have expected the courtesy of a reply by now.