Updated Workshop

ajlafleche

My workshop has recently been updated. My wife’s office was getting rid of a small desk and she offered it to me. That has become my paint station. The big desks also came from one of her office remodeling projects. The last desk dates back to my high school days. The lights are from yard sales, except for Marvin the Martian who was a present from my brother.

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5195.jpg

IMG_5196.jpg

IMG_5189.jpg

IMG_5192.jpg

IMG_5194.jpg

IMG_5190.jpg

IMG_5193.jpg

Edited by ajlafleche

Al - Wow! This is a very nice set-up. There is obviously a lot of advantages to have several workbench's /space in one area. I have been trying to carve out an area in my garage for a "Paint station" with a paint booth, CO2 tank and Airbrush, paint storage and my food dehydrator that I use to speed up building models. It has taken almost a year to clear an area big enough for everything I need to prep and paint models. Could you show a photo from a distance to see how the whole shop looks? Again, great job and there may be a few jealous people out there that think they may need to upgrade there workshop [including me].

Al - Thanks for the additional photo. The u-shape work area is a good use of space, with a rolling chair like that you can just roll to area you need. My problem with getting enough space is due to a large number of unbuilt models and thousands of hobby and car magazines. I have saved the mags for reference but I realized I only need the articles that interest me. A friend suggested that I Dis-articulate the magazines and only save the specific articles. I have been doing that plus giving away and trashing thousands of mags and it is giving me much more room. I have seperated articles into catigories such as "1932 Ford 3 window" and am placing the articles into large legal size envelopes with description tags. Now when I am looking for reference on "1932 Ford 3 Window with flathead engine" I just go to that envelope and look through it. It is a real time saver. Nice job again on the shop and I will continue to get mine looking that organized.

nice Porsche poster (I love the 956/962) and of course the photo on your work bench - need that for "skin tone" research I suppose :smiley2:

• 4 weeks later...