Scale Model World - Telford - Nov 2013 - The Tour continues

philp

First day of the show is over and I took a few pics.

Bare in mind I have not had a chance to go through these so there are probably a few blurry ones that need to be removed and maybe reshot. I only got through Hall 3 and part (most?) of Hall 1. Tomorrow I will hopefully finish 1, shoot 2 and the Competition area, if my batteries hold out that is.

So far the show has been good. Met quit a lot on the What If stand and haven't bought too much plastic (yet) though did order a few prints from the Airfix stand.

Airfix had a big announcement, a 1/24th scale Hawker Typhoon with a decent amount of interior. Heard a release date on it for June 6, 2014, the 70th Anniversary of a pretty important date. I got some pics of the test shots and this one may tempt a few of you to go big. It looked really good and had a ton of options with it.

PB090457.JPG

PB090458.JPG

Great set of images...

What caught my eye: The battle damaged USS Constellation (NCC 1017); The Minion figures from Despicable Me; The Colonial Viper in RAF colors and markings; the CSV Help Salvage Vessel (wow); the WWI Trench Diorama (well thought out) and the Wallace and Gromit figures (very cool!).

The Bugatti/Tesla Mag/Lev Race Car is just unbelievable. What detail and imagination...

And the modeler who did the H.M.C.S. Agassiz has WAY too much time on his hands.

Edited by kptucker

Just starting to load my 600+ images (that's a small # compared to what others shot) to PogoPlug.

Here's the link: http://ppl.ug/FQ19jpjauGQ/

That battle damaged Constellation was awesome!

Edited by Dick Montgomery

I think many of us had a little fun with that. And there seemed to be a severe washcloth ration at most of the hotels. Still not sure what that was about.

Still, overall, the trip was great and the tour group and guides were also great. Now just got to find out who collected the email addresses and the group pics.

You just had to take a shot of the "Loo" didn't ya?

Round posterior, square seat...

Yes. Yes I did. Between figuring out how to turn on the showers, getting the lights in the room turned on, and figuring out the Loo..... gotta tell you, it was a wonderful experience to be back in the UK. The history and culture are spectacular!

Now, about that rectangular seat......I figure "any port in the storm".

Oh, by the way, I believe this is the world's largest model aircraft. It's a 1:1 fiberglass model.....I'm sure you've probably heard of it...

http://ppl.ug/ub4Pot7MtnU/

Edited by Dick Montgomery

On the fibreglass Hurricane; is that one of the planes from the film (movie) Battle of Britain? I didn't know about the plane so I looked it up and the notes on the Battle of Britain movie said that some of the props that weren't destroyed during filming went to various museums.

Cool either way...

Thanks to you and Phil for sharing images and thoughts on the trek overseas.

Kevin,

It is a Spitfire, not a Hurricane and it was not used during the movie. It is a 1:1 scale Airfix kit created for James May's Toy Stories show. Actually a very cool episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzT3L3gGrew

There were several items at Duxford that were used in the movie including a few copies.