SteveK

Greetings gents,

this is my first post of a completed kit on this site, Thanks for looking

SteveK

Val101.jpg

Val103.jpg

Val100.jpg

Val105.jpg

Very well done. The detail work is well executed too. The only issue I see is the overall green. Looks a little too bright.

Andy

Very well done. The detail work is well executed too. The only issue I see is the overall green. Looks a little too bright.

Andy

The color is still something that is up in the air for me, although the pics do show it some what brighter that real life.

Thanks for the comments!

SteveK

Very nice. What did you think of the kit?

I loved the kit, it was a joy to build, very little clean up and everything fell together. Only thing I would do different, would be to install P.E. gun sights, they are more blobs of plastics than "steel" rims......

Thanks SteveK

Looks great! Your canopy framework looks pretty sharp. What method did you use for masking...tape it yourself, a set of adhesive masks? Thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

LOL the canopy is what I'm most disappointed in. I used a new technique of scotch tape and didn't like it. Very hard to removed and I marked up the "glass"

Thanks SteveK

Steve,

I'm with the others in that its a great looking aircraft you've built. Any details on what unit/time period the markings represent?

Time of the markings to "my understanding" were prewar, and at Pearl Habor, as far as to what unit, sorry I'm to lazy and or not inquisitive enough to dig that deep....

Thanks again for the welcome and comments ~S~

SteveK

Steve,

I also found "scotch" tape to be less than adequate. I use bits of masking material for the carriers sheets from Cutting Edge, Gator Masks or any other brand of vinyal masking material. I also use blue "painter's tape". It comes in different widths and behaves like masking tape...much less "stick" but sufficient for modeling.