The Duke's Automobiles

Here are some of mine I built, some of which aren't in my scale! I know I'm probably pushing things a little by posting some of these 'military' automobiles, but they were civilian automobiles that were used by the military, so they are still automobiles!

Some of these are very old models, so I apologize for the quality of many of the pics. I didn't have a great quality camera back in the day.

I'll start with this little WWI gem, a 1/72 scale Model T Ford scout car:

BritishFordModelTScoutCar1_zps2d19344e.j

And an ambulance version of the same car in 1/72 scale:

USArmyFordModelTAmbulanceI_zps698c5f60.j

Here is another 1/72 scale GAZ M-1 Russian Staff car made by ACE that I built:

RussianGAZM1StaffCarI.jpg

Here are two 1/72 scale versions of the infamous Kubelwagen from Germany, which was later the basis of the Volkswagen "Thing":

GermanKubelwagenII_zps379d8ee7.jpg

GermanKubelwagen_zps780fe259.jpg

I'd built these Kubelwagen when I was 13 or so...

Speaking of Volkswagens, here is the ubiquitous Bug used by the Afrika Korps in WWII in 1/72 scale:

GermanAfrikaKorpsVolkswagenI_zps0c16fcc8

Then there is this First 1/72 scale model of a civilian vehicle ever issued by any manufacturer way back in the day. It's a Mercedes Staff Car done my Hasegawa back in the 1970's:

GermanMercedesStaffCarI_zps6afaac02.jpg

That Mercedes was built when I was 10.

Not to be outdone; for the Allies, I have two so far. This first one is an Opel Cabriolet used by the Allies in WWII, then later used by civilians all the way into the 1970's:

USOpelOlympiaCabrioletI_zps61907d27.jpg

And finally, my last 1/72 scale automobile; the ACE 1941 Ford Staff car:

USArmyFordStaffCarI_zps53b3d371.jpg

Now on to my larger automobiles...

Here are two of my Tom Daniel's cars in 1/24 scale, the Red baron and the Police Paddywagon:

TDCollectionI.jpg

This is a 1923 Model T Ford I made and gave as a gift to the stage manager of our performance of "Ragtime". I built this about 7 years ago or so. She was thrilled. It is still proudly on display at their main offices:

FordModelT1923.jpg

This is a commission build I did for someone about a decade or so ago. It is a 1/18 scale '31 Ford truck, built to look like the one his grandfather had:

31Ford_zpsaef5ee12-1.jpg

This next one is another commission build of a 1/24 scale '32 Ford pickup just like the one his father drove. I had to kitbash a '37 Ford pickup with a '32 Ford Highboy to get this truck:

32FordII_zpsb754bfb0-1.jpg

This next one was a commission build as well, but the client never picked it up so I still have it. It's a 1/24 scale Aston Martin DB-5 as driven by James Bond. It even came with figure of James Bond and Odd Job as part of the kit:

AstonMartinDB5_zpsbcaa2fd9-1.jpg

Finally, my automotive Magnum Opus: This is the ancient 1/12th scale of the 1911 Christie Fire Truck I built a few years back:

1911ChristieFireTruckI.jpg

There are my automobiles that I have done so far. I do have more in the works. Surprised?

Man, what a trip!!! Those were great Duke! I loved the fire engine and rat rods too! Keep up the good work! Do you think a 1969 GTO "Judge" is in the offering someday? That was my era. Heck, I might even do that myself someday. Best,

Mark

Thanks guys! Mark, I'm not sure I'll be doing a GTO Judge anytime soon. If I do anything 1960's right now, it would be a Mustang from '65 or '66, since that is my favorite car from that era. Sorry about that. I just never really got into the GTO's.

Thanks Gil! I have several other automobiles in progress at the moment. Hopefully soon I'll be able to make more progress on them.

• Like 1

That's cool Mark. I like the '65 and '66s too. When I was in high school in 1968, working at a supermarket weekends and sometimes weekdays, a co-worker owned a K-code 289 '65 Mustang fastback. (high performance 271 horsepower). It was good for low to mid 14s in the quarter mile, and could certainly get rubber out of all four gears. Great car! Best,

Mark