Fiddler in progress

JHockett

Hi, Jim,

Looks like an interesting subject so far. Add some details about the paint and challenges with the kit when you can. Looking forward to see what this old timer is sitting on.

Ed

Thanks, guys. Ed, the figure is painted in acrylics. Long ago I used to paint in oils over acylics, then switched to just using Polly-Scale acylics. When they switched their formula around quite a few years back I hated it. Our local shop wasn't experiencing enough demand to caryy Vallejo or Andrea colors, and I had read a posting somewhere by Chris Mrosko saying that Delta Ceramcoat craft paint wasn't too bad, so I set out to learn with them. My first few attempts were pretty rough, but I have learned how to thin them now. The LHS does now carry "real" acrylics, but since I have learen to use these and the bottles are big enough to last a long time, I probably won't be switching for a while. As far as the figure itself, there was a LOT of clean-up required. Many of the folds had little bits of extra material in them that neede to be scraped or sanded away.The main body has benn primed with Tamiya extra fine pimer five times because I just kept finding more stuff to clean up. Fit is decent, although I did use Aves apoxie sculpt on most of the major joints.