Howdy, Y'all...

PFunk

Entering back into the hobby after a very long hiatus. I'm 40, haven't done a build since I was about 19. My dad and I used to build together and now I'm getting my nine-year-old son into it. Got back into the hobby about a month ago when my Dad handed over his entire collection to sell on eBay, he's getting too old and realized he wasn't into it anymore and was hanging on to all of his stuff with no intention of ever working on it, but he told me I could keep whatever I wanted and sell the rest.

So, now I have a metal cabinet full of kits and a shop to work on them and a son to teach. He's homeschooled, so this is kind of his art class. I pretty much build OOB and clean. I'm here to learn as much as I can so I can teach my son as well.

Thanks to all, and I hope y'all are patient, because I'm still kind of learning.

Hi, Charles,

You are golden. Modeling is three-dimensional art. Sculpting and painting are essential skills to develop as you progress from simply gluing parts together to creating a show piece. By the way, history is a major component of modeling, and that history takes in the entire context for the reason and use of the real thing and the people who were affiliated with that history. Math is involved in the concept of scale and proportions (fractions). Write a report about all these things and you get into the correct use of English vocabulary, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. Science plays an important part in the development of the real objects on which the model is based. If this is not true, why do so many of us have home libraries of books, magazines, and video, materials that are not available in the average community public library? In short, we spend our money to learn and improve.

Welcome aboard to you and your son. You are both in for an educational ride.

Ed