Lady of the Lake--the King Arthur Legend?

ewahl

I have some photos for this topic, but nothing seems to work. Sorry, but I'm not going to add a lot of descriptive text until I can get photos to work.

The cursor is blinking in the message box, but all the toolbar buttons are greyed out and non-operative, so I can't import any photos. What am I doing wrong this time?

Ed

UPDATE: The photos are now into a later post below. Scroll down to have a look. Thanks to Eric Aitala for helping me out here.

Ed

Edited by ewahl

Hi, Mark,

I am using Photobucket. Sorry about the PM being full; I neglected to purge old messages.

The problem is not with Photobucket. The problem is with our site. I am logged in and I used the Reply to This Topic button at the top of the list to open this text entry box. The cursor appeared and is flashing as I type this text, which appears to be in the ancient IBM Elite typewriter font and spaces evenly from one character to the next. Both of the toolbars at the top of this text box are dimmed, and none of the toolbar features work. That means I can't use the button to insert a photo (or format anything related to the text) from Photobucket, which I can open and get to the Direct Link box for my specific photo. If I copy the Direct Link string into the text here, I get the full photo file name without the underline, so I do not have a link.

I am using the same Windows 7 software and IE version that I have been using now successfully for several years, but our site refuses to give me the toolbars.

The Attach Files buttons are active below the box, as are the three choices to Add Reply, Preview Post, and Cancel.

I really get annoyed when I see others posting lots of photos from Photobucket (I click on their photos and open the Properties to see the file link). So I know something is not right here.

Ed

Thanks, Eric,

I would never have guessed that the little "BBCode Mode" under that button means "toolbar off/on switch" and would never press a button I do not understand. I learned something new today, and confirmed I was doing something wrong. So let's get with the business under this topic.

This kit comes in a plain white box with a color photo pasted on the cover, a name label (without manufacturer ID), and a $59.95 price tag. The cover photo shows a woman holding two swords, one in each hand with one raised over her head, standing on some stone steps rising out of water all around. The box contains a resin figure with a sword in one hand and a flaming torch upraised in the other hand. The stone stairs are a solid casting in dense white plaster. I bought the kit at least ten years ago from a vendor at an MMSI Show.

LakeLady11_zps3b9e779e.jpg

LakeLady19_zps33e40653.jpg

LakeLady22_zpse12d3df3.jpg

LakeLady24_zpsd43f2f27.jpg

LakeLady28_zps43d14b67.jpg

LakeLady29_zps4b4b325b.jpg

Somehow I do not think the Lady of the Lake in the King Arthur story wore red rubber, thigh-high, high-heeled wading boots. I generally followed the color scheme from the photo on the box.

The base had to be made with a completely different skill set than the painting and detailing used on the figure. While I used Windsor-Newton oils on the figure, with some Bare Metal foil on the blade of the sword, I used Vallejo paints on the plaster stone steps, Woodland Scenics foliage and sand, and thinned Liquitex Gloss Medium tinted with some acrylics for the water. I wanted the steps-to-nowhere to have beach access, so you see a couple of footprints in the wet sand where the water has just washed around the end of the stairs. The skulls were in the plaster casting, so I just painted them bone color.

LakeLady15_zps8e5178ff.jpg

LakeLady23_zpseef4d3a1.jpg

LakeLady30_zps3cc164d8.jpg

Now that I have learned the photo insertion procedure (yet again), I hope you enjoyed them.

Ed

Edited by ewahl

Very nice! I like that she's dressed in armor; a Lady charged with safeguarding the sword should be ready to use one. You did extremely well with this model. Keep up the great work!

Hi, Chris, Gil, and Mark,

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm looking forward to completing three more figures that are at the 80% completion stage. Because two of the three are Rule 5 violations, I'll have to use some careful photography before Photobucket takes them down faster than I can post them here.

Ed