Penultimate Monogram military model

Ron Bell

This one was the hardest to track down, the Monogram M-3 Grant. The Lee is easy, but the Grant is a lot more scarce. It's pretty much the same kit with a different turret, figures and the sunshield rail stowage. This kit also came with antenna, while the Lee only had the bases for them with nothing in the instructions about making any. Of course, the ones in the Grant look like they are made out of closet poles, but at least they are there. Again, all OOTB, even the paint scheme so don't yell at me about paint colors. I did have to substitute a couple of decals as the kit ones shattered. The figures must have been done later than the ones on the Lee as they are much better. Remember, all the stowage is separate, not molded on. That was better than most other kits at the time, even Tamiya. I've only got one more kit to do in this series, the M-3 halftrack personnel carrier.

DSCN3252.jpg

DSCN3251.jpg

DSCN3254.jpg

DSCN3260.jpg

DSCN3258.jpg

DSCN3253.jpg

• Like 1

Good job on this ancient kit. I like that it's painted to look clean and not overdone with dirt, mud, chipping, streaks and grime. That guy sitting on the side has great flexibility in his neck!

Beautiful job! I also likem how clean this is, very well maintained by the crew.

However, I always thought that THIS was the Lee; I'm under the (possibly incorrect) impression that the Grant was the one with the larger turret. I always get those two mixed up.

• 3 months later...

This camo was freehand. Lots of back and forth between colors to cover up overspray. Its a pretty broad pattern on a large "canvas", so it was not too hard.

Yup, that's why I used that word. One more to go. Actually, it's already done at this point and posted. You can find it at http://forum.ipmsusa3.org/index.php?/topic/12022-last-monogram-military-model/

Yup, that's why I used that word. One more to go. Actually, it's already done at this point and posted. You can find it at http://forum.ipmsusa3.org/index.php?/topic/12022-last-monogram-military-model/

Ah, I didn't see anything in the post that reflected that. Sorry about the pedantry but "ultimate" is so often used with the intent of meaning "best", not merely "last", and "penultimate" really confuses some people.