Hasegawa 1/48 A6m2b

TimHortman

All,

Got a second kit done this year (about twice as many as I have been getting done lately!)

Here's a Hasegawa 1/48 A6M2b Zero

Build OOB. Painted with AeroMaster Mitsubishi Navy Green upper; and Polly Scale (RR line) Concrete lower.

Markings are for 381st Naval Flying Group 311th Fighter Squadron Philipines April 1944

Regards, Tim

a011.jpg

a012.jpg

a017.jpg

Thanks guys!

The next thing I need to work on is my photo skills. I have a pretty decent camera, but need to get a dedicated photography area, and a few more flashes to take some decent photos!

Mike - great to hear from you! I Hope all is well.

Guest Bun E. Carlos
SWEET Zero! Those are also some very interesting markings that aren't seen very often. Thanks for sharing and congrats on a beautiful build!

GIL :smiley16:

Very Nice Timmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like the scheme!!!!!!!!!!! Tell us MORE!!!!!!

Thanks Guys.

The kit is Hasegawa's 1/48 "limited edition" series #09626 from 2005 titled: "Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero Fighter Type 21 w/ 60kg Bombs". It's getting a little hard to find these days, but if you can't come up with one, all you'll need is the 60kg bombs from a Rufe kit to make this version. I ended up painting most of the markings (first time I tried this).

Details on the actual aircraft are hard to find. The directions even state that the outer wingtips "could have been gray" and the tail could have been gray or yellow orange. There are a few old bw photos in a few reference books that show such Zero's from a distance, so there were some with painted wingtips and tails. Most likely we'll never know for sure what the exact colors were.

At any rate it was different enough for me to want to do, and was the inspiration to get me back into "building" (or should I say finishing) something.

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Timmy, just to show you how valuable sharing this stuff is..........I really know how to proceed on that 1/24 ZERO now :)

Good luck Jack.

Markings in the kit are for 81-163 (I used 81-162)

I've got a line on another Zero with a white tail that may hit the bench when I get some of the other projects cleared off...