What I'm Working On--Armor

Mark Deliduka

I figured I'd start this new Thread, much like Jeff Herne started in Ships. These are all the 1/72 scale Armor models I currently have under construction.

This first one is my ESCI 1/72 scale Churchill mine roller tank. I painted it with an old Warbirds Topside green color over all. I then detail painted the exhaust and the packs on the turret. I'll be doing the tools next, but before that, I went ahead and clearcoated and decaled it. Here it is with the mine roller assembly placed in front of it:

WIPChurchillAMRCRVI.jpg

And finally, I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with these two tank transporters. The 1/72 scale Trumpeter FAMO is finally all together, but the upper hull isn't attached to the chassis yet. The trailer however, is finished:

WIPFAMOandSdAh116TrailerVIII.jpg

I have a few more details to add to the FAMO, and then, I have to figure out what I'm going to do next. It turns out that this was supposed to be grey all over, but I made it dunklegelb. Now I have to figure out a suitable camo pattern to apply to this before I can clearcoat, decal and finish this.

Meanwhile, I finished painting the camo pattern on the 1/72 scaleRevell AG SLT 50-3. It isn't as good as I'd like it to be, but I'll just have to dirty it up a bit to make it look better. This one is almost ready; I just need to add a few more detail parts and one other assembly. Then I'll be able to clearcoat and decal this one before weathering it.

Here she is:

WIPSLT50-3ElefantVIII.jpg

Finally, here is my two transporters side by side. "Then and Now":

WIPFAMOCompPicsV.jpg

This last set is pics of my 21cm Morser that I finished weathering. I just have to finish detailing the tow hitch and the braces and then she'll be finished.

WIP%2021cm%20Morser%20VII.jpg

WIP%2021cm%20Morser%20VIII.jpg

That is about all I have to show so far. Maybe some of these will be finished nest week or so. We'll see.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out my post in the Aircraft Forums showing more of my Works in Progress.

Thanks for looking, comments are welcome.

:D Great works my friend. :smiley17: Nice to see you here too!

Regards,

Rodolfo

Thanks James! Actually there is one, but I guess I put too heavy a buff coat over it making it wash out. :blush: Thanks again for the tip! I'll put a deeper one on my next one.

Chris, yeah, I gotta step up my game here! :blush::smiley4:

Archived