VOLUNTEERS REQUESTED: Monthly Technique Q&A

Guest PetrolGator

Guest PetrolGator

Volunteers wanted: The IPMS message board team is looking for experienced modelers who are willing to do a monthly tutorial on a genre, technique, or something else that you think would be valuable to the community.

Said tutorial can be in pictures with text or a YouTube video if you're into that. The post will be added to the IPMS Members Only board, where members can ask questions.

I joined IPMS to learn and interact. I think this is a great way to do exactly that in an electronic arena that we're really leaving untapped... Look at it as a more living, breathing version of the Journal.

I also want to give credit where credit is due. This idea was thanks to Mark Deliduka, who is a contributor and moderator on the boards.

What a great idea! Thanks Mark D! Lots of possibilities in this initiative!

I second what Dick said, some videos would be a very nice and novel way to get the information out there. Would you use some already posted or do you want just those made by IPMS members?

Guest PetrolGator

I want to make sure that we get permission to use them first. Secondly, I want to try to get an open QnA going with the person who made them.

On IPMS membership, I'd PREFER it. I have some ideas on how to make a way around requiring the poster BE an IPMS member, but that'll have to go through eboard before I pull and shenanigans like that.

There are a few from Tamyia on You Tube that are great. I think as long as they are in an open(public)area already and crdit is given ie a link to them it should not be a problem. Many sites post videos this way. JMHO

• 1 year later...

I'd be glad to share what I know plus some aviation history I specialize in.

Mark

Guest PetrolGator

Mark, I'll PM you this evening. I bet we can work something out.

Whoever provides testimonial will get a free Jim Deck to completely make over your hobby room. I promise he will organize, repaint, reorder, and do anything else you request to make a mess something to be proud of!

• Like 1

Chris, again with the public outreach "thang", wouldn't it also be better to have some publicly accessible content to 'hook folks' a bit? Restricting content to membership only on one hand does increase the 'value' of a Society membership. However, on the other hand it also makes it invisible to prospective members! The old 'test drive' theory; FineScale Modeler does it on their website, if looking for an example...

If we had permanent content archived as "member only" and "general audience" 'libraries', fully searchable, then we'd have something. If it also consisted of organized, balanced coverage, then even better. Sort of like my FSM back issues DVD... yes, my precious!

R/

Robert

Edited by rbeach84

Jim, I knew you were the right man for the job! I didn't know we had such a talented decorator! Petro Gator, Just wait until I get back from the Austin Scale Modeler's Society Show this weekend. I'll leave an even bigger mess to clean up! And I'll have my wife to look the other way!!!!!!!!! Ha!!!!!!!!

Mark