The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Well, between eBay, IPMS, and after AMPS visits to Andy's, I've picked up the following items...

for my 1/48 RAF a guy at IPMS was selling it off for a good price, so no way to pass it up...

IMG_8882.jpg

then I found this decal set and PE set on eBay... each is bound for different kits in my stash...

IMG_8883.jpg

after AMPS this past Saturday I found this item that I have been wanting for awhile at Andy's for a good price

IMG_8881.jpg

I also grabbed these paints for current and future aircraft & armor projects... gotta love these AK Real Color paints!

IMG_8884.jpg

and then for my 1/35 Panther A project my eBay order from Ukraine finally arrived recently to fill all those empty spaces on my kit

IMG_8885.jpg

Thats all for now...

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have a large number of acquisitions to show to finish out the year. A raffle winner, two purchases; one was an early Christmas present, and the rest were Distressed Kit Auction winnings thanks to a client who paid for a commission.

Okay, let's get started..

My raffle winner from the November IPMS meeting:

full

Now my purchases, this one was bought so I can finish my SCUD C truck with the correct launcher arms:

full

And my early Christmas present:

full

And now for all my Distressed Kit Auction winnings. We'll start with the models. Remember I got almost all these for one or two bucks each, mostly because nobody else was bidding on them:

These were bundled because they were the same kit and there was some question as to whether one or both were complete:

full

full

full

full

I got this for the canopy as well as other accessories so I can finish a nine-year-old shelf queen:

full

full

I probably already have one built, but this is a cool looking plane:

full

full

full

full

Finally, at least for the models, there are six 1/72 scale vehicles here: four wargame kits already assembled and two GAZ AAA tracks inside the white box that need to be built:

full

And now, here is where I spent real money; mostly because I wanted the tools and paints. These are all from a guy who just decided he was done with the hobby and literally pulled everything off his desk and packed it into boxes to donate to our club president. Our president then sorted them into associated groups to sell as package deals. These are the packages I got:

We'll start with something simple:

full

It might not look like much, but this box is full of treasures: there's even a wire stripper inside for stripping the wires to use on the models.

Next up:

full

I got those tools for the organizer tray and to use. Still, a ton of useful tools; the non-toxic glue notwithstanding....

More tools and brushes:

full

full

One of my favorite packages:

full

full

And now for the paints and other supplies. These packages have mostly Vallejo paints, some Mig paints and a number of gloss and dull varnishes along with a number of other items:

full

And the final paint set is this Vallejo set, which I also got for the stand:

full

Well, that completes the haul for this month, and most probably the year. I don't see myself getting any more Christmas money to spend on myself, but at least I'm loaded for bear for the new year.

Oh, and for those who are curious; I paid $63.00 total for everything I got in the Distressed Kit Auction listed in this post.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Italeri' s 1/12th scale Bugatti 35B

Edited by noelsmith

• 2 weeks later...

It may be January, but I was able to finally spend some of my Christmas money!

First off, I purchased online these armor kits:

full

full

full

full

At my local IPMS meeting, a couple guys were selling models, so I scored these:

full

full

full

full

I also got an old Testor's set of US and NATO aircraft armament, but it would not upload to the Gallery. 

My last Christmas present was given to me by a friend who frequents Hobby Day. It is a unique wooden kit  that actually works:

full

Of course, the "ammunition" is rubber bands, but this is so cool!

Some of these have been started and can be seen in my first 2024 tour of Maddog Manufacturing now open.

Thank you for looking in, comments are welcome!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent Haul Mark! looks to me like Christmas money well spent!

Well, I've finally picked up enough things over the past few weeks to rate a new post...

this past Saturday after AMPS meeting was a trip to Andy's, and I picked up this kit...
IMG_9228.jpg

plus these supplies... I'm going to experiment w/Vallejo Airbrush Thinner with Model Master Acrylics, since the MM Acrylic Thinner worked with Vallejo Model Air...

IMG_9227.jpg

Then off of eBay I got "special offer" deals on these things

IMG_9230.jpg

IMG_9229.jpg

the Howitzer was for a giveaway price, but taking a look at it upon arrival and I ask myself, what did I get myself into? It's gonna be an intricate challenge...

• Like 1

I got two models recently. One was a gift from a guy clearing his closet. He's more of a gamer so all that mattered to him was that I build models and it was a model he gave me. Yes, I'll build it:

full

This next one was a purchase at my SoCal AMPS meeting that I picked up to start at our build night meeting that was starting that night. I'm going to be making this a Syrian tank:

full

Thanks for looking in.

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to your Syrian Panzer IV Mark!

19 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

This next one was a purchase at my SoCal AMPS meeting that I picked up to start at our build night meeting that was starting that night. I'm going to be making this a Syrian tank:

full

Thanks for looking in.

I have a Revell Panzer IV to make Syrian some day.  I did get decals for it.

Thank you guys! Phil, I have the decals for it too, I ordered them from Braille Strike and I have a couple sets. I do want to do a separate variant of the PzIV, and I need to get a Jagdpanzer IV and a StuG III to do as well. They will look pretty awesome in my Syrian army!

Don’t forget a Hummel.

• 1 month later...

Well I've been nickel and diming acquisitions since my last update here, and now I've picked up enough worth of an update post...

for my 1/35 armor stash I have picked up the following items:
IMG_9492.jpg

some ESCI decals for US & Brit AFVs, some Panda Plastics T49 & WE-210 tracks for Shermans, a Verlinden US OIF era AFV crew figure set

for my 1/48 aircraft & 1/35 helos I have picked up:
IMG_9493.jpg

a Falcon Clear Vax IJAAf canopy set, a monte mask set for a Ki-45, and lastly some detail goodies for the HH-60 that I picked up last month... thats all for now...

Nice scores. However, be wary of those ESCI decals. They are ancient and are probably brittle. Make sure you overcoat them with something (gloss or flat coat or Micro Decal Fluid) before you use them and avoid if possible putting them over any raised detail as they may not settle over it very well. 

Mr. Bell,

Sounds like the voice of experience.

On 4/12/2024 at 5:03 AM, Ron Bell said:

Nice scores. However, be wary of those ESCI decals. They are ancient and are probably brittle. Make sure you overcoat them with something (gloss or flat coat or Micro Decal Fluid) before you use them and avoid if possible putting them over any raised detail as they may not settle over it very well. 

Yeah, I always have the Micro Scale liquid Decals Film handy. I figured that I'd test on some of the excess decals that I do not plan to use anyways. I will say that I've had pretty good luck with old ESCI kit decals....

Today after our monthly AMPS meeting here, we made the usual trip to Andy's afterwards where I picked up these goodies...

IMG_9498.jpg

I just can't help myself sometimes...