The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Here's what I got some time ago. It had come from a friend on another Forums and I was so busy that I placed it in my Hobby Room and promptly forgot it was there. Just a couple days ago, I went in to try and organize the room a little better and found it again. Opening it up, I found these:

full

full

That was a completely unexpected and very welcome surprise.

• Like 1

Finally picked up the Hasegawa Val kit I've been wanting for a while. Was always too expensive. Also picked up the Airfix 48th Sea Vixen, Sword 72nd AD-4W Skyraider and a gift from a friend....the DoraWings 72nd P-43.

20220425_093520.jpg

20220425_093602.jpg

20220425_092832.jpg

20220425_093506.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Keith, those are some really good scores! I’m really liking those two quarter scale kits, but that P-43 is sure a fine score as well!

Well I’ve been slowly adding to the flyboys section of my stash over the past few weeks, so now it’s time to share…

first up, some decals for the Hind in my stash that I had been wondering how to mark

EE4-B06-B9-8146-4257-8-E74-78-CEF5-C6164

1-C6-A911-D-50-A8-4696-8-ECA-008-D8-FAD7

I took a chance and ordered them from Ukraine in early April, and they actually arrived within a few weeks. 
Next up is this gorgeous set for late career USMC Skyhawks. I can make at least two Scooters off this sheet, and possibly might acquire one more, as they have an F in the TPS grays!

16621-C1-E-CE37-4-F1-A-8-A69-CB4-F077-AA

then I picked up this old decal set since I’m feeling the urge to model some Yellow Wings stuff… I haven’t done that since I was a kid

97-DFDF13-ADC7-4631-8-A9-C-169-D70-AA5-E

and lastly this just arrived in todays mail, purchased off eBay for a fine price. It’s the old Hobbycraft molds, which arent bad at all, but it has a fabulous Cartograph decal sheet with about eight markings options.

05-A67678-92-B1-4251-A5-F0-C7-F1-D2427-F

That’s all for now ;)

Well this is gonna be a long one. Not because I bought a lot but thanks to the extreme generosity of someone on another Forums who surprised me with them.

Here's the one I bought. I got it with an Amazon Gift card given to me for my birthday:

full

I already did get that started. 

A few days before that T-62 came in, I got a message letting me know to BOLO, because a box was heading my way filled with small scale treats that he knew he was never going to build. He wasn't kidding. Here they are, armor first, than aircraft, then ships:

full

That is one I'd wanted for awhile, but never figured I'd ever get because I had too many others I wanted more badly for my limited funds to stretch to this. It's been started.

Next is this one still sealed:

full

This one I hope to make an air ambulance:

full

Now a few Airfix kits, starting with this one:

full

full

full

And now for the ships:

This one, as you can see, came with no instructions. No worries, I can download them from Scalemates:

full

I wrote that on the box top so I wasn't frantically trying to find them once I decide to build this.

Now for all these Tamiya ships:

full

full

full

full

And finally  another one I'd wanted for a long time:

full

And that one is started as well. All those details and more can be seen on my next tour of my plant. 

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Nice stuff Mark.

Even though I swore I would never build another Roden kit again I picked up the Desert version of the armored car at Hobby Island in Vegas when I was there for their Grand Opening.  Just had to show my support.

The Battle needs a nose job to look more like the real thing.  There are/were 1 or 2 conversion sets on the market.

The Mossie is still a great kit and the only Mk XVIII in kit form (the one with the 6 ldr gun).

The He-111 is not a great kit but I think it is still the only one on the market with the dorsal turret to make a H-20 or H-22.

The ships are all nice kits.

• Like 1

Mark, those are some outstanding kits that you were gifted! I love all of those cruisers! And of course, all the Airfix aircraft are old school building fun…. and the armor kits, from early to fairly modern, so a nice spread with those. Those should all take you what?  about a month or so to complete? 😉

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ve gotten in a few aircraft kits over the past couple of weeks. A couple off of eBay, and one from consignment at Andy’s Hobby HQ shop

First up, an old ESCI Mirage 5 that was the consignment find. 

72818733-7983-449-A-B03-D-4-A967211-F016

then off of eBay, these two, where each one had the seller offer them up at discounted prices

270-DF7-E7-9-CC3-45-AC-A526-25-DA5-D4203

8-EDA0-EE2-4-B50-4332-A968-6294-CC6-F048

now for me to get an aircraft project finished up this year… 

• Like 1

I’m working on it Mark 😉

So… two more acquisitions for my flight line from IPMS meeting the other night

First up a large scale Yellow Wings beauty….

1-B6-EDCC5-AF53-48-D7-8-C0-A-1822-A66893

and then my first SMER kit, a beautiful little float plane racer…. now the kit itself is quite basic, looking about the same as old Hawk kits from childhood

4-BF2-EB32-9-CB7-4364-9577-A1-CFB2-C63-D

• 2 weeks later...

Mark, there’s always something fun coming down the line. 😉 The only real question is when will the next one get finished… 🤔

So Ive gotten a few new aircraft items in over the past couple of weeks.

First up, some 1/48 Eduard BL.755 CBUs for a future project or two

3-CF46301-4701-4041-B7-BC-CA2-A987-B3860

Then some Yellow Wings white number decals and Verlinden yellow stencil dry transfers, both of which will come in handy

17-AF7131-1955-473-E-9125-0-E318-C94-CF0

and lastly this Hobbycraft 1/48 Bf-109B, which I had been wanting for quite some time, and I was finally able to score at a decent price

A0799897-E2-F8-4-E7-C-AD76-EE29-B27874-A

I must like 109s, because this is the third that I’ve picked up in the past year… 

Edited by Stikpusher

Well continuing my Yellow Wings purchases, these two came in the mail. This time some Army Air Corps types

6-EDE79-CE-406-D-46-CD-8798-26-E4-A17-B7

The P-6E on Tuesday

55-A70171-9-B33-490-D-8-BAB-737281075-B2

And the P-26A on Thursday… happy birthday to me 😉

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the belated birthday greetings Mark. I’ve picked up a few more goodies recently.

Some new acquisitions for my flyers. First up I picked up these PE rigging sets for my recent Yellow Wings kits- a set for the P-26, and a generic set that will work on the P-6E

7-EAE9-DD2-04-E2-4-DA9-86-AD-708-E177-E4

Then I picked up this kit, that I had been wanting for some time, but waited too long to get when they were in the shops

2-A55-E8-E7-A22-D-4-F84-9044-2-E5-C7-C09

With some of the extra parts on this D, and some resin seats in my spares bin, I can now backdate the older D that I have in my stash into a TARPS B variant. Now I need to score some B decals.

• 2 weeks later...

Here I go again…. Last night at IPMS was our annual “swap meet” meeting. Folks clear out their stashes a bit. Anyways I found a couple of items for dirt cheap…

first up was the old Aurora Breguet 14B kit

03-B0-F38-C-8-EC6-49-AA-AEE2-06390-B0465

the kit decals are wasted, but there some Peddinghaus decals available that cost several times what I paid for this kit…

and then I found these decal sets- national insignia for B-24s, which will help out for the B-24 in my stash, (a 2 sheet set for dirt cheap again) and a partial set for Corsairs (for free due to its partial condition!)

0611-CADB-D856-45-A5-898-F-4542-A018-CC8

I particularly liked one Corsair on the sheet because one, it’s a Goodyear produced FG-1A, built right up the road here at the old Goodyear plant here, and two, it’s from the battle of Pelilieu, so will be a great option for a WWII USMC ground support Corsair for one in my stash…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...