The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Well, this past Saturday was Modelzona, IPMS Phoenix’s annual show and contest. Needless to say, I went. The vendor rooms were well supported by local and regional retailers and private sellers. There was a fine selection of kits to be found, a d I found these two. Combined prices for both were still less  that what either one fetches at most online shops

D9-C2-E75-E-AA6-E-42-CA-84-A8-0-FCB8-D99

9-A41-CE62-F4-F4-4934-9345-361-B1-BD5025

I’ve been wanting both of those for my collection since they were each released. 
Value Gear was also present with his full line of products, as was a different vendor with lots of tools! My angle nose tweezers were in desperate need of replacement, so….

AC747388-5-D98-48-A7-B403-1-A144-DD5-E43

All in all, a fun day at the show! 

Here's what I acquired over the past couple weeks. 

First of all, my IPMS club president came by a Hobby Day and brought in some models he had gotten from a widow. She had seen our website and contacted him to arrange pick up of all her husband's models, supplies and kits. He brought by the ones he thought I'd like the most. These are what I got:

Dragon LCM (3) Landing Craft:

full

Matchbox Fairey Seafox:

full

Italeri Italian Br-20 Cicogna:

full

And finally, this set from the 1990's, Revell's Aircraft of Desert Storm:

full

Later on, one of my gaming friends had gone with several fellow gamers he knew to the house of a friend of his who'd passed away. He managed to get a number of ship kits among other things that he brought into the next Hobby Day to see if anyone was interested in buying any. I took a look at what he had. Among them were a couple of Revell Emden kits, one of which was opened. The one I wanted was the 1/72 scale Schnellboot. My friend Lon wanted an Emden built for himself so he offered the S-100 Schnellboot as payment for me building him one of the Emdens. I got the second Emden for a friend of mine who'd lost his. 

Here is the S-100 Schnellboot he gave me:

full

That's all I have. Now to go post updates in the Manufacturing plant...

All in a day's fun!

QUESTION: Why is the KITLINX.COM website suddenly blocked to me, when none of the other ones are?

Oh Mark, you have done well there! All sorts of great goodies! 

Oh it was a fine trip to the mailbox yesterday! 

First up was this beastie, which the “Eb” seller offered at a much lower price than it was listed for. Shipping was more than the cost of the kit. I guess since the Tamiya and AFV Club editions of this kit came out, this version is not as popular. Score! 

A39-CBBAA-2-C45-4-BA5-B546-1444-AE8868-D

Then this for one of the Academy Sheridans in my stash. I’ll be using the Operation Just Cause marking options. 

06846709-6-B22-4-B1-C-996-A-E12678-F8-D5