The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

This is something I pre-ordered way back when I actually had some money. That was about eight months ago and it finally came in. This is the academy 1/600 scale USS Enterprise. I originally ordered it hoping it had the beehive tower, but this is the later refit. No big deal; I'm still gonna enjoy building this:

full

I got this from Hobbylink Japan. Once I requested it to be shipped; it took a total of three days to get to my door. Fantastic service!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good documentation is essential to the completion of an accurate model. After ordering the model, I bought the documentation. The model arrived today. The plan is to make an in-depth study of the p

Finally got around to buying the AFV Club M60A3TTS to go along with the M60A1. Looks to be a superb kit.

Couple other good scores at a Goodwill store. Found a Moebuis Ironman Mark III kit for $1.99 and a 1/48 scale Monogram B-26 Marauder for $3.99   The Ironman kit was missing the instructions, but I w

Posted Images

While I was at our latest mini-Hobby Day, the guy who owns the tire store next door to our Hall came by. He gave me this kit, free of charge:

full

The price was right! Even though I already built one; I'm still going to do this one too.

The Goodyear blimp, in its current configuration is 192 feet in length. Measure the length of the model and, as my 7th grade teacher said, "do the math".

This one would be the GZ-20 which were first launched in 1968 (according to Wiki).  They were 192' 6" long.

Old Model Kits lists it as 1/169th.  Doing the math, as Dick said, puts it about 1/171st so close to N scale but slightly smaller.

• Like 1