The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

This is something I pre-ordered way back when I actually had some money. That was about eight months ago and it finally came in. This is the academy 1/600 scale USS Enterprise. I originally ordered it hoping it had the beehive tower, but this is the later refit. No big deal; I'm still gonna enjoy building this:

full

I got this from Hobbylink Japan. Once I requested it to be shipped; it took a total of three days to get to my door. Fantastic service!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well the postman brought this a few hours ago. Thank you to the gentleman from another site who found this at a local shop for a great price and offered to pick it up and send it to me! I love the “pa

Good documentation is essential to the completion of an accurate model. After ordering the model, I bought the documentation. The model arrived today. The plan is to make an in-depth study of the p

I got a Ginter Fighter Series book on the Tracker/Tracer and a $100 gift certificate to the local hobby shop. I used that to buy 3 kits: Revell's 1/48 release of the Hasagawa Bf-109F, an Italeri EF-18

Posted Images

While I was at our latest mini-Hobby Day, the guy who owns the tire store next door to our Hall came by. He gave me this kit, free of charge:

full

The price was right! Even though I already built one; I'm still going to do this one too.

• Like 1

The Goodyear blimp, in its current configuration is 192 feet in length. Measure the length of the model and, as my 7th grade teacher said, "do the math".

This one would be the GZ-20 which were first launched in 1968 (according to Wiki).  They were 192' 6" long.

Old Model Kits lists it as 1/169th.  Doing the math, as Dick said, puts it about 1/171st so close to N scale but slightly smaller.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

FedEx brought this in today. I’ve been wanting this kit for awhile and found one for a good price on eBay...

3-AECD622-197-A-48-A9-997-C-5-DD3-D97666

• Like 1

Yeah, this will be a cool project somewhere down the road. I’m gonna paint and mark it up from my first line unit. Should look good in Spring Temperate MERDC.

• 2 weeks later...

These are some recent gifts from a fellow modeler on another Forums. He sent them to me because he knew he would never build them, despite having them for many years. First is the old Hasegawa Japanese Fuel Truck:

full

Next is the tiny 1/72 scale Harley sitting in front of the 1/35th scale Harley box:

full

He sent that to me just in case I might want to try something in a larger scale. LOL! Since I'm building a 1/35th scale Patton, I'll build this too and try making a small vignette containing the two models. 

That's all I got for now.

That’s a couple of cool scores there Mark! I love that Isuzu fuel truck!

Thanks Carlos! That is the second Isuzu truck I've gotten. I'm not sure how I'll make it different from the previous one, but I'm sure the difference will be obvious. The previous one was built some forty-odd years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

The postman brought this today. Got it off eBay for cheap. I’m planning on using him with my current M47 build.

4-E02-C986-2-CDE-467-A-B7-BA-C46-AFF09-B

• Like 1

Okay, here is what i was able to pick up during my vacation to Florida.

Some of this is stuff I got from my sister but most is what I got for myself. Then I also got something from my nephew that I'd been waiting for since August...

Okay, here is what my sister got me:

full

full

The clamps are actually small models you assemble and then can use... I like it!

These are my scores that I got at John's Models in Pensacola. He is now the only hobby shop left in Northwest Florida since Bobe's Hobbies closed down. I was able to get these from John's:

full

full

full

full

full

This next set of items is a set of wheels for a British Matador truck in 1/72 scale. It is a 3-D print that was done by a guy on Missing Lynx and has offered the first seven ones for free to anyone who asked. I have a Matador that is missing a wheel so when he offered a set I requested it. This finally came in and he even threw in a set of British refueling cans:

full

Finally the thing I'd been waiting for. One of my nephews is a Reaper Drone pilot who spent a year or so flying combat missions from the Horn of Africa. On one mission, he had an American flag loaded onto his Reaper and flew it on a mission. I now have a flag that is certified as having flown during a mission. That was in August and I was able to pick it up on my trip in December:

full

That's all I got for this year at Christmas. I got quite a bit to keep me going for awhile anyway. The Q-Ship and AH-56 I got for a Group Build on another Forums that is themed "Kits released before 1972". Or Ancient Kits as I like to call it.

Stay tuned, there's more to see later. Right now I have to go open a new Maddog Manufacturing Thread for 2021....

• Like 1

YI have a few so far this year.  First off a trade to acquire 2 car kits that were lost in one of our moves when I was a teen.  The Revell rerelease of the Monogram Mongoose and Snake Funny Cars.

Next was a preorder that finally came in at CultTVman, the Dragon 72nd scale Saturn V.  As a bonus he threw in a 1/2500th USS Enterprise which will probably be my first build as it should take about 5 minutes.

And today I stopped in at MRS Hobbies and picked up a couple more 72nd scale kits.  The Bandai Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon and a Dragon Sd.Kfz 232.

Think that might be enough for January.

52A84C6F-7797-4519-8108-C320B0515E3B.jpeg

3AFEC122-FA1D-4A68-8AE0-7DA3172D17D3.jpeg

7BE327A3-6F89-4B6D-97A2-37EBE79C4E76.jpeg

8EE93138-537C-4DD1-ACE9-F3B34E4A8BBB.jpeg

7FF07CA5-0D38-4A0E-93D6-294BD0C4B481.jpeg

Edited by philp
  • Like 1

Beautiful scores Phil! I also have a 1/72 scale Millennium Falcon, but not the prefect grade. I also have the same Snake and Mongoose kit as well. Mine was signed by Tom McKewen too. You'e going to enjoy that Saturn V too. I sure did!

I'm looking forward to seeing these started.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well lots of talk of Hurricanes, Typhoons, Tempests, etc. on another site where I'm active got me wondering how I could make my second Monogram Hawker Typhoon different from my last build, aside from armament (bomb racks or rocket rails) or backdating the kit into a car door type, and I remembered that for half of their wartime service career, they had a three bladed propellor, while the kit comes with the later four bladed type. So a bit of searching on eBay later, and I came up with this old KMC conversion set, which also included exhausts. And then I think somebody tossed a set of wheels in there as well, because those are not shown to be included in the set, but came in mine. I’m not complaining.

1-E1-FA443-F7-EA-456-C-88-A3-16149-AFABE

Thanks Mark. Between this set, and the Eduard PE set that I have for the kit, it will be a nice Tiffie when I do build it.

I picked up this nice pair of tankers from Verlinden. What I really like about them is that they are not wearing leggings so they can work fine to be paired with Korean War or early Cold War tanks. Not sure what I’ll do with them yet.

576-A5-B96-C4-B9-4-D61-A0-D3-6-A8807-D9-

• Like 2

Well the postman brought this a few hours ago. Thank you to the gentleman from another site who found this at a local shop for a great price and offered to pick it up and send it to me! I love the “painting guide for lozenge pattern camouflage” labeling... on such a large subject that’s gonna drive me crazy! But then again, I used to parachute out of perfectly good airplanes in the middle of the night, so I have screw loose upstairs somewhere...

C4-E1-C4-E9-C01-E-412-C-B8-F8-968-A567-A

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally picked up a few kits for the to do list. First is from the movie Prometheus. I guess many people either love it or hate it.  I think the ship was pretty cool!

IMG_1481.jpg.6944abefc2685c036b2cc3a6cfb4c0fb.jpg

Then in my unending quest for the strange an unusual, SAMI helped me out 2X more with news of these kits. So I quickly hit eBay and grabbed them up. 🙂

63546176825__D2BD424E-0921-4AAC-AF02-410ED9BAB756.jpg.a069c38eeb6dcd1d61ad0b87743487f0.jpgIMG_1480.jpg.d763078e244db2ed1e639fc36893f846.jpg

• Like 1

Wow Kevin! Nice scores! I saw on another Forums someone was scratchbuilding the Prometheus in 1/48 scale... with movable engines!

That second one is most interesting; I guess that's one way to eliminate the sight of engines for the passengers looking out.

That third one looks like a flying Edsel! I wonder if they every actually built that, much less flew it.

Love it Kevin, I am looking forward to seeing some of these in progress.

On 2/22/2021 at 2:34 PM, Mark Deliduka said:

Wow Kevin! Nice scores! I saw on another Forums someone was scratchbuilding the Prometheus in 1/48 scale... with movable engines!

That second one is most interesting; I guess that's one way to eliminate the sight of engines for the passengers looking out.

That third one looks like a flying Edsel! I wonder if they every actually built that, much less flew it.

Love it Kevin, I am looking forward to seeing some of these in progress.

Thanks, Duke!

Yep, I'm really looking fwd to the flying Edsel.  Story behind it it a scientist was working on anti-graity in the mid 1920s. The Soviets got their hand on the device and supposedly they were able to make the 16,000kg vehicle only 8kg. Stick a large engine on it and it's able to fly with those tiny wings... Nice story. LOL  Hope the build is as nice. 😉