The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Just dropped some serious change on two kits I don't need, but had to get them. Apparently, Model Factory Hiro (MFH) has dropped their Ferrari license and will not be producing any more red cars in 1:20 scale. Thus I had to go to a source that must remain nameless because you cannot get the product from the primary sources. I now have in my possession a 1968 Ferrari 312 and the 1961 156 sharknose. Gorgeous kits both. Mixed media with a ton of white metal parts. Glad I got a pin polisher earlier this year. I am going to need it to work on these pieces.

Hey all! I finally have something to post here.

This past Friday we had our Distressed Kit Auction at my IPMS meeting. This is our semi-annual fund raiser for the club and it is a very popular thing with all members. I was able to bid on a few items and got them for pretty good prices!

Anyway, on to the loot.....

One thing I got that I didn't take pics of is a small air compressor that I won in the auction. .I plan on donating it to the St. Crispin's Irregulars of which I'm a member as well.

The models I got were as follows. These first boxes show why we call this the "Distressed Kit" Auction. The boxes are not in the best shape, but the models inside are intact:

Mirage_Hobbies_V_106_Torpedo_Boat.jpg

Life_Like_Hobby_Kits_Joseph_Conrad_Train

Italeri_UH_34D_Sea_Horse.jpg

Heller_C_121_Constellation.jpg

And the Piece de Resistance (for me anyway!):

Airfix_SAM_2_Missile_Truck.jpg

I'm gonna have fun next year!

Wife bought me a Tamiya M1A2 SEP Tusk II with DEF Model basic kit and Eduard PE set. I LOVE MY WIFE!!!

Also bought a AFV Club M1128 Stryker MGS with a gift card from my daughter. The girls in my family are top notch.

I've recently bought Tamiya's 1/48 8th Air Force Mustang and the Aeromaster Green Nose Mustangs sheet with the Louisiana Heat Wave markings.

On Saturday, just as the great blizzard in the south suburbs of Chicago was starting, I was in HobbyTown USA. I found a must-buy at retail, which I gladly paid. AMT has reissued the USS Enterprise Bridge kit ... again ... but this time with the three missing sidewall segments, upgraded figures, and vastly improved decals. I have a shelf queen project that required scratchbuilding the missing wall sections, and these new parts will save me the trouble. :D

Now all I have to finish are the other projects in line ahead of this one. :smiley24:

Ed

Oooo.. that Sea Shadow looks cool.

That kit is a real pain in the butt! I got one at a Walmart on clearance years ago and the fit gave me fits. I bought another one a few years ago to try again and the same fit issues arose. Cool looking ship though.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow. I thought I had posted this here much earlier. Anyway, here is what I scored with my Christmas money about a month ago:

A Mack "Bulldog" and an M-32:

Sherman_and_Mack.jpg

I've already started the Mack truck for a Great War Group Build on the IPMS USA Forums. You can see it in the Maddog Manufacturing Thread.

Two more buses from Roden:

Roden_Buses.jpg

This will make four of the five buses available in my collection. Now to get the last one!

And finally, something I've been wanting to get for awhile, but couldn't afford until now:

Italeri_Church_172.jpg

I never find anything but broken toys at the Thrift Store. I actually used to find an odd kit here and there but that was years ago.

Last few times I was ever there, I noticed the same guy parked by the door that they wheel the stuff out to the floor. I actually saw him stop the worker so he could rifle through the cart.

I guess these days you have to wrestle the EBay resellers to get anything decent.

Nice haul.....

Max Bryant

Guest PetrolGator

Added to the stash:

- 1/700 USS San Francisco, 1944 by Midship models (one of their FEW good kits!)

- 1/350 USS Jeremiah O' Brian

- 1/700 USS Ward by Blue Ridge Models

- 1/144 U Boat, Type VIID

Oh, and add an early birthday present:

- 1/700 Flyhawk SMS Derfflinger. I LOVE WWI capital ships. Love them.