• Announcements

• Eric Aitala

Forum Updated   02/05/2018

The Forum software has been updated.  To log in, please use your display name or email address.
Guest PetrolGator

The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Wow! Excellent castings. These will look great!

These days they *are* very well done, as opposed to the almost unrecognizable lumps of resin you used to get in the early days of the garage kits.

Okay, here are a few early Christmas presents I got. the Helicopter was a gift to me; the buildings were all purchased for dirt cheap....

Revell EH-101 Merlin in 1/72 scale:

Revell_EH-101_Merlin_HMA_1.jpg

From Pegasus Hobbies, three sets of Russian log houses in 1/72 scale:

Pegasus_Hobbies_Russian_Farm_Houses.jpg

That $10.00 sticker was for all three houses, plus the Berlin House below.

Pegasus_Hobbies_Russian_Izba_Log_Houses.

Pegasus_Hobbies_Russian_Two_Story_Log_Ho

Next was something I've wanted for awhile: Italeri's Berlin House in 1/72 scale:

Italeri_Berlin_House.jpg

From Verlinden, I got this NATO Aircraft Revetment in 1/72 scale:

Verlinden_NATO_Airfield_Revetment.jpg

...followed by this Revell Aircraft Shelter in 1/72 scale:

Revell_Aircraft_Shelter_and_Ground_Plate

That's all.... except one more I forgot: Hobby Boss 1/72 scale Merkava IIID (LIS). I haven't got any pics of it yet but I'll try to get one up later.

I also picked up some of this stuff to try to glue the vinyl tracks of the Schturmtiger:

WIP_BS_GB_Shturmtiger_XVI.jpg

You can see how it works in the "Maddog Manufacturing" Thread.

Thanks all for looking in. Now if I only had the tabletop space to place all these!

• Like 1

Finally got around to buying the AFV Club M60A3TTS to go along with the M60A1. Looks to be a superb kit. 963462-16882-16-720.jpg

• Like 2

Excellent score Rob! Way to go!

Here's the one I didn't have a pic of before when I posted my scores. I got this one on sale:

Hobby_Boss_Merkava_IIID_LIC_Tank.jpg

It has already been started and I'm close to finishing it. Feel free to check it out in my Maddog Manufacturing Thread.

• Like 1

Here's what I got for Christmas so far. I was also given a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card that I will apply to another model when I get the chance so this will increase. Until then here is what I got.....

In a Christmas card from another member of another Forums I got about 6' of brass wire:

Brass_Wire.jpg

In another Christmas Card from a member here I got the following dry transfers:

Dry_Transfers_I.jpg

From my IPMS club's annual Distressed Kit Auction fund raiser, I got the following decal sets:

Decal_Sheets_I.jpg

After the auction was over, there were these seat belt sets from Eduard that were given to me:

Seat_Belt_Sets.jpg

I also picked up this helicopter in the Distressed Kit Auction for about a buck:

Amodel_SM-1_300.jpg

Finally, another friend from another Forums sent me this for Christmas:

Revell_Horten_Go_229.jpg

Until I finish my shopping at Amazon this is it. Thanks for looking in.

• Like 2

Well, technically Santa bought it for me, but since Santa and I use the same checking account it qualifies. For those who don't recognize it , it is a Paasche air eraser. Basically a tiny sand blaster. I am going to use it to soften the finish on some aluminum parts I am making.

er-1s.jpg?Action=thumbnail&Width=330&Hei

• Like 2

I got a Ginter Fighter Series book on the Tracker/Tracer and a $100 gift certificate to the local hobby shop. I used that to buy 3 kits: Revell's 1/48 release of the Hasagawa Bf-109F, an Italeri EF-18G Growler, and a Tamiya F-84G Thunderjet; all 1/48 scale. I plan to make the EF-18G for a friend at work whose son is a Growler pilot after they get me pics of his plane. I also managed to pick up a 1/32 Combat vacuform SBC biplane Helldiver from a fellow club member, so my Christmas was a very happy one! :smiley20:

GIL :smiley16:

• Like 2

Santa was really good to me this year. From the wife, a book on the Viet Nam War, a book on the BAC TSR2, and a Zactomodels update set for the MRC 1/35 OH-58D Kiowa Warrior, the new KITTY HAWK AH-6 Little Bird and the Squadron book on the F-104. From my daughter; Revell Germany 1/48 GR4 Tornado, 1/72 MV-22 Osprey, Sanding pads, AMT Rocket set, Flexible Tamiya tape and a paint mixer from Badger. My son sent me a Hobby Boss 1/72 Seahawk. My daughter's boyfriend got me a modeling visor that has a built in LED light and has 6 different lenses along with a small part picker upper and some new glue.

I was stupefied with all of this stuff this year. I thank them all.

Bill

• Like 2

This technically qualifies as a Christmas gift--from me to me. 1/48 Hasegawa Lockheed TF-104G company-owned demonstrator "Free World Defender" flown for speed records and sales purposes. The Dutch eventually acquired this aircraft. I ordered it in September when its release was announced, and it came in just two days before Christmas. I put it on the gift pile.

The plastic is identical to the 2007 release of this kit, so nothing new there. The decal sheet, however, is the most comprehensive I have ever seen for a Hasegawa F-104 of any variant. :D

Ed

• Like 2

Santa has been dropping boxes off for the past month. So I thought I share whats in the boxes. First I got it into my head that I can start making my own figures. So besides signing up with Troy McDevitt's sculpting class thru Patreon, I got myself a stand to help stead any future works of "art." ;)

IMG_2086.jpg

Then there's a kit from Creepytables that looks a little like a certain caterpillar in a certain story about a certain girl in the 22cm size. ;)

IMG_2087.jpg

I refound Monster Dork Studios on Etsy, and picked up his take on Cookie Monster - COOKIE!

IMG_2090.jpg

Finally Space Cadet Models released kit #2, A kit of Pioneer 2 and 4. As of now Space Cadet is only on Facebook, but they have their page set to Public so no one has to join FB that doesn't want to just to have a look.
As a fan of the vintage space craft, I'm looking forward to getting to these.

IMG_2091.jpg

Well, technically Santa bought it for me, but since Santa and I use the same checking account it qualifies. For those who don't recognize it , it is a Paasche air eraser. Basically a tiny sand blaster. I am going to use it to soften the finish on some aluminum parts I am making.

I gotta get one of those. Model Monkey recommends it highly for use on his parts to smooth the surfaces.

Those spacecraft look tempting. After seeing your last WIP, I may have to start collecting these.

• Like 1

Brilliant scores guys! It's so great to see everyone had such a great Christmas. Nice!

• Like 1

I gotta get one of those. Model Monkey recommends it highly for use on his parts to smooth the surfaces.

They're not horribly expensive and this one is the "new improved" model. The media isn't cheap though. I just bought two 5 pound jars of Paasche blasting medium(one fine, one course) and they cost me $45 delivered from Amazon. But 5 pounds should last a while.

Edited by PeteJ

Thanks guys.

Those spacecraft look tempting. After seeing your last WIP, I may have to start collecting these.

They are. And with the genre so small with so few real space model builders, we could always use more modelers. :)

The mailman has been making stops with boxes the past few days. 
The first offering is the result of Aradia Miniatures Kickstarter campaign. eventually all these minis plus ones I didn't choose will be available on their site. Shipping is from Italy but as a customer for a few years, I've never had any problems with delivery. 
The minis were based on the  works from Dantes Inferno. Unlike other minis that are 1 or 2 parts, these come in many. So rather than opening the bag and taking a chance of losing parts, I decided to borrow images from the campaign. All these images are borrowed from Aradia in an effort as free advertising for them (and them not coming after me for using their pics)).  ;) 

Charon

aradia01a.jpg.227816f1ca1a5000e695e78f43dad548.jpg

The Gorgon

aradia02a.jpg.32a4ced6f832bc8f3c9b0de272d36bfd.jpg

Paolo & Francesca

aradia03a.jpg.dddf5ed204f702f4974939f06f67001e.jpg

Ulysses

aradia04.thumb.jpg.b52b958c065b119157e3e3c45a55859b.jpg

Some of the lesser know people are described on my page - https://kevtk.blogspot.com/2018/02/new.html

Leaving the Circles of Hell, I move on to a Galaxy Far away with Bandai's Blue Squadron X-Wing from Rogue 1. I loved Rogue 1 and it moved to one of my top 3 star wars movies. Thanks for looking.

IMG_2177.jpg.af5590f2829de30b32dc2e1279971afc.jpg

Those are some awesome scores Kevin! They will be fun to watch.

Well, the final Christmas presents finally arrived and here they are.

I had some Christmas money to spend so I went to Harbor Freight and picked up the following. I gotta go back for more:

Tools_IV.JPG

I had received an Amazon Gift Card so I ordered these which arrived a couple days ago:

One of three versions of M-109's I wanted:

Revell_M-109_G.jpg

I'd been looking for one of these for a couple years; there are two in this box:

Hasegawa_Mitsubishi_F-2A_.jpg

I've already started one of the Mitsubishis.

• Like 1

This just came in. Believe it or not, I ordered this from Publisher's Clearinghouse:

AMT_1923_Ford_Model_T_Delivery.jpg

This looks like it'll be a fun one!

• Like 1

Last night at my IPMS club meeting, I picked up this little jewel in the raffle:

IBG_ORP_Slazak_Hunt-Class_Destroyer.jpg

There's a lot more P/E in this tiny model that I expected! It's gonna be a bit of a challenge...

• Like 1

Picked up this old reissue kit at Michael's using a 50% off coupon. Ran me $14.83 with tax. Not sure why I've been building cars lately, but I'm having fun.

s-l1600.jpg