The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Since it was kind of close, I drove to Nats.  Meant I could bring more for the SIG/Club tables (Let's keep those as a fixture please) and could bring more stuff back home.

First off I did OK at the raffles and giveaways.

LKAKJkCCR_6VyEB24c2gJIZiDhe3fszO91wuIZIl

The mugs are from the Squadron raffle, the OLFA, cutting matt and P-40 from the IPMS raffle, the paint were giveaways from Hornby.

CU7pFjsTAg7kbBb2kIZWgpNd5kPylEX7ZfvvGEMS

First two books from Casemate at a very nice discount, next two from SAM and the rest from Rareplanes.  Already found out I have a copy of the M113 book so that goes into the for sale pile.

qav8oSMJIiy0Qx6vpMvT1TVbUwv0ltMZUsDWP6Yj

The Wellington was brought over from England for me by David at SAM.  What do you know, forum posts work.

The other Airfix kits were on the Hornby stand but they weren't selling.  However, their kits were earmarked for Hobby Depot so went and chatted with Dick Christ and picked them up at the end of the show.

Special Hobby kits from them and the two Eduard Migs were from them. 

The Scale 75 figures were on their table and though still a bit pricey, I saved shipping.

Other 3 kits were from Stash sellers.

Spent about what my budget had for this so think I did ok.

• Like 1

Oh, bother.

Phil, don't feel bad. It happens.

This will be a two parter since these Forums only allow 25 pics per post. I'l start with all the acquisitions I got before and during the Nationals, followed by what I got at AMPS and IPMS OC after the Nationals in the second post.

Okay, I finally have some time and peace today to post all these pics of the things I got at the IPMS Nationals, among other things. I've included acquisitions I've gotten before and after the Nationals as well. These will be it for awhile, I am fully tapped out.

This will be a long post so hang in there...

I'll start with a model that was sent to me sometime before Comicon  by someone who wants me to build for him on commission. He asked that I fold the wings:

Dragon_F6F-5N_Hellcat.jpg

Meanwhile, at the San Diego Comicon I was able to get the Comicon Exclusive B-wing fighter in 1/72 scale from Bandai:

Bandai_B-wing_Starfighter_SDCC_Exclusive

I had also picked up a bunch of stuff related the old Firefly TV series but that ain't model related so we'll save that for another Forums........

This is one of the first models I purchased at the Nationals.  There was a kid who was holding it and I told him it was a very good model. He would only need to watch out for the delicate suspension parts but it would still be an excellent model for him. He decided to put it back for something a bit more modern and so I bought it after I was sure he didn't want it:

Attack_Tatra_T-111_Heavy_Truck.jpg

I picked these up from Brewer Brothers, I got the whole bunch for only $20.00:

ICM_Soviet_Air_Base_Equipment.jpg

ESCI_Modern_War_Accessories.jpg

These are the models I got from John's Models from Pensacola. He is a great guy and sold me all these for one very good price.

This first one has two whole models inside:

Roden_Opal_Maultier.jpg

RPM_Staghound_Mk_II.jpg

Revell_Sd_Kfz_9_FAMO.jpg

This one and a couple other "Quick Build" models will go to Hobby Day for some kids to build if they want to; or I'll build it for my game I have stored there at the Hobby Day Hall:

Zvezda_Soviet_T-34_.jpg

This was one of a couple models in this group I really wanted as I haven't got the -m version:

Trumpeter_JS-3m_Tank.jpg

Revell_PzKpfw_VI_Tiger_I_Ausf_E.jpg

This one is actually an ESCI T-62 inside that has been heavily modified but unfinished. That's why there's no roadwheels inside:

PST_T-55_Tank.jpg

I'll keep this and build it since there isn't a KV-1C in my collection. I like the camouflage pattern on it:

PST_KV-1C_Heavy_Tank.jpg

Italeri_Jagdtiger_Sd_Kfz_186.jpg

Italeri_Churchill_Mk_III.jpg

I'm not sure about this one; I'll probably sell it:

Armo_GAZ_69_Jeep_Resin_Kit.jpg

Airfix_Cromwell_IV_Tank.jpg

AER_PARM-2_Soviet_Airfield_Repair_Truck.

Overall, not a bad haul from John.

The rest of these are models I purchased from various vendors throughout the room...

I wanted these because you can't have enough weapons sets:

Hasegawa_US_Aircraft_Weapon_Sets.jpg

This was one of my "Must Have" models that I was specifically looking for at the Nationals:

Roden_Fairchild_C-123B_Provider.jpg

This was the second "Must Have" model I was specifically looking for as well:

Hasegawa_F-16I_Fighting_Falcon.jpg

Those were the only two "Must Have" models I found that whole time.

This next one was unique enough I had to get it:

Military_Wheels_SG-122.jpg

These two were exceptionally pleasant surprises that I found. I was even more thrilled that they were in 1/72 scale! They will look great next to my 1/72 scale Saturn V and my 1/72 scale Space Shuttle with Boosters:

Horizon_Models_Convair_SM-65D_Atlas.jpg

Horizon_Models_Mercury_Redstone.jpg

These were purchased from Squadron at the Nationals but got shipped to my house since they didn't have them in stock at the Nationals. I still got the Nationals discount for them too. They arrived two weeks after the convention:

Trumpeter_Russian_SA-6_Anti_Aircraft_Mis

I plan on making one Russian, and if research shows the Germans had these in service during the re-unification; then the second one will be West German.

Finally these are my raffle prizes from the Nationals. Both of these will be going on the sale pile since the Chinese Fighter is 1/48 scale and the Israeli fuel tanks are for a 1/35th scale kit:

1-48_Bronco_Chinese_J-10_Fighter.jpg

Verlinden_1-35_Israeli_M-113_External_Fu

Anyone want to make an offer for any of those three items above, just message me.

I had also picked up a lot of tools and such, but they are all put away and I couldn't remember which ones they are to take pics. So no pics of my tools I bought.

Okay, these are all the nationals and pre-Nationals acquisitions. More in the next post...

Okay, these are my post Nationals acquisitions from AMPS and IPMS...

A couple weeks after the Nationals, our AMPS Meeting happened. It was help at Brookhurst Hobbies. Henry gave us a coupon good for that day only to buy one model, get the next two at 50% off each. These are the models I bought with that deal:

Modelcollect_54K6E_Air_Defense_Command_P

Italeri_Train_Station.jpg

Trumpeter_DKM_Graf_Zeppelin.jpg

Finally, at my IPMS meeting last night, one of my friends and fellow members  was selling a number of things to make room for his mother-in-law. I picked up this great set from him to use for basecoats and clearcoats:

Tamiya_Single_Action_Airbrush_Set.jpg

You can see I already have it connected to a hose.

At the end of the night, I won this in the raffle:

Trumpeter_HMS_Queen_Elizabeth_1918.jpg

Okay, that's it. I got a couple more things coming in that I also purchased with the last of my Nationals savings. I'll post them when they come in. Until then, I have a lot of things to start and work on for the interim. Now I need to get back to the 12 models that are inches from being done and get them pushed over the finish line so I can start some of these new jewels.

Thanks for looking in. Stay tuned, more to come.

Some nice stuff there Mark.

I also picked up the Comic Con version of the B-wing from USAGundamstore but the pilot looks a little short for a B-wing pilot.  Will have to do a bit more research.

Today I stopped at Hobby Lobby to see what they had left on the clearance kits.  Just two in the store, one I already grabbed and a car I wasn't interested in but I did help a couple of clerks sell and airbrush with compressor to a lady who wants to use it for her art.  I could definitely tell the young ladies were out of their league so made a comment and then ended up basically taking over the sale.

Next I hit Barnes & Noble and picked up the latest issue of Airfix Model World.

Then I hit MRS Hobbies and found the new Revell PT 109 kit, the new Joker and a piece of power armor that I have odd plans for.

So a good day out.

Wow Mark! That’s some score.  And ooh the B- Wing? I’m jealous!  I have one on preorder from CultTVMan, but who knows when that’ll show.  Good to know about the missle set too.  I’m building Fantastic Plastic’s Avatar AT-99 and it’s TERRIBLE! Casting like you’d expect from an early 90s garage kit.  Anyway the missiles were so bad I started scratching my own.  After one, I was like no way.  I’m just gonna buy some.   Should have the AT99 in SciFi forum later this week. 😉 

Thanks guys! Phil, what a great day out getting all that fantastic stuff. Well done helping the ladies out with the airbrush sale!

Kevin, I'm looking forward to seeing that AT-99 being built. Yeah, I was thrilled to get the B-wing; I'm not sure whether I'll build it or save it and find another to build. We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

Besides the pack of missiles for the Avatar build (Sci_Fi Section) I scored a Bandai B Wing - Comic Con exclusive. Now I have to determine if I should keep it or build it... Nah, I'll build it.  I also scored a Shore Trooper from the Rogue One movie. I liked the look of these guys. This kit was pretty tough to get - 

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

Next is a kit from sculptor Sean Kyle. It's a 1/4th bust of Bruce Spence, the Gyro Captain from Mad Max 2. Just odd enuff to interest me. Not shown is a propeller - the base is an engine -   a cigar and the shades on top of his goggles. - 
IMG_2883.jpg
Here's his pic in B&W just because it looks like it may have been the reference for the sculpt - 
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpatricksponaugle.files.wordpress.com%2F2015%2F09%2Fsummer12-road-warrior.jpg&f=1

Finally is Wand Wilson - Lady Deadpool. I thought originally that this was just another attempt at R rated models. For a while sculptors were just putting breasts on all sorts of figures, the Creature from the Black Lagoon, Predator,etc... just a way to sell a sexy model. But no she really exists in the comics. This is what looks like a really nice 3D print...

IMG_2884.jpg

Beautiful scores Kevin! Congrats on getting that Comicon B-wing. I am debating myself on building mine or getting a second one to build and display in front of the exclusive model. The rest of those look great and I'll be looking forward to seeing them in progress.

Here is what came in last week for me. These had been ordered some time before and finally came in:

Riich Models M-109 A2:

Riich_Models_M-109A2.jpg

Three Riich Models M-992 Ammunition haulers:

Three_Riich_Models_M-992A1.jpg

One of those will be for my German M-109 that I just built; the other two will be for my M-109A2 and -A6.

Very cool Mark. I never saw that M992 before. But then again my son is much more versed in armor than I am. But I'm looking fwd to see what you do with them.

Just got the Tamiya engraving set.  Stupid expensive at $30.00 a blade, but far and away the best panel line engraver I own and that is saying a lot.  I have a drawer full of panel line scribes. The difference is that these give you a flat bottom with square sides and no ridges on the top.  They are so expensive because they are tungsten carbide  and are very sharp.  Don't bother buying the special handle for them.  They fit in a pin vice with the proper collet.  I use my large Tamiya pin vice and really like it because it  has a decent diameter and with the knurling it is easy to control the angle of the blade.   As to the cost, well they are $30 from Tamiya but if you shop around and buy them all together(so you only pay one shipping fee) and they can be had for less than half that.  Oh and although my photo shows all 4 blades they are only sold individually and each one comes with the case for all of them.  Not sure why but that is the way it is. 

Item image

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ewahl said:

Hi, Mark,

With the above photo of your three M992A1 kits, were we just treated to a glimpse of your usually unseen work area in the background?

Ed

Yes you have. And what an incredible mess it is right now too. LOL!

Kevin, I never even knew they had come out with the M-992's myself. I found them while shopping for the M-109A2. I figured, why not?

Pete, that is an amazing set. Congrats on scoring that one.

• 1 month later...

Sorry no one replied Rusty. I don't know myself. However, I did manage to pick up a few things at Orangecon.

Here's my purchases and raffle prizes from Orangecon:

Paints I purchased, $2.00 for the larger bottles $1.00 FOR THE SMALLER ONES:

Orangecon_2018_Paints.jpg

Raffle prizes.....

Eagles Illustrated book:

Eagles_Illustrated_Book.jpg

Hobby Boss 1/350 scale DKM U-Boat:

Hobby_Boss_DKM_Navy_Type_IX-C_U-boat.jpg

Airfix 1/72 scale Folland Gnat:

Airfix_Folland_Gnat_T1.jpg

And the one I was most thrilled to have won: a Space 1999 Hawk Mark IX:

MPC_Space_1999_Hawk_MarkIX.jpg

On 9/5/2018 at 12:48 PM, Rusty White said:

Does anyone know of any company selling the Tamiya Engraving Tools in the full set?

Sorry 'bout that. I never got the usual notice when someone writes to my topics I'm following. I check both of my "go to" places - Megahobby and HLJ, and neither one sells them by the set - all individual. But HLJ is selling them at cheaper...

https://hlj.com/search/go?ts=custom&w=Tamiya engraving set

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, here is my latest that I managed to get from the Antelope Valley contest a few weeks ago.

I purchased these books:

This one on Soviet and Russian ballistic missiles since I have an Iskandr to build:

Book-Russian_Ballistic_Missiles.jpg

Another book on Russian vehicles, this one is on Russian T-64 and T-80 tanks since I need to figure out the differences among them. This will help when I get more Modelcollect T-64 tanks:

Book-T-64_and_T-80_Tanks.jpg

Another Russian tank book on the T-80. More detailed and will really help with more of the Modecollect T-80 kits:

Book-T-80_Tank.jpg

Finally, this book on German Armored Trains. I have this book already only it was printed in Polish so I couldn't read it. Now I have the English language version here:

Book-German_Armored_Trains.jpg

Now here are the two kits I got from Antelope Valley. This first one was a purchase. Now I can do two B-2 Stealth Bombers; one with kit decals and one with the Nationals decals:

Testor_s_B-2_Stealth_Bpmber.jpg

And this was my one and only raffle prize. I'm going to enjoy this one! It even comes with a bonus backdrop display:

AMT_Batwing.jpg

Last bit not least; I got this as a prize at my church festival at the beginning of October from one of their festival games. I had packed it away and forgot about it until recently:

Book-Cars_of_1965.jpg

That's all I got so far. Christmas is coming though...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It was a great Christmas for me this year, mostly due to the money and gift card I got. I went shopping the day after Christmas and got these:

Paints, glues and decal set:

Model_Supplies_II.jpg

I got multiples since I need to stock up in my travel toolbox too.

And now for the models. I didn't get the top two selections on my list, but I did get some excellent selections...

But first, a Secret Santa sent me something from another Forums that I frequent. It was very unexpected as we hadn't set up a gift exchange:

SecretSanta2018_I.jpg

Inside was this old "classic"!

Lindberg_BattleDamaged_SkyHawk_I.jpg

The models I picked up are here:

IBG Japanese Chi Nu Medium tank:

IBG_Models_Type_3_Chi_Nu_Japanese_Medium

That might be the first to start in 2019...

Another Riich Models M-109A2 so I can make it either British or Italian, whichever this vehicle fits better for:

Riich_Models_M-109A2~0.jpg

Since I have a Russian T-35, I figured I'd get this Trumpeter T-28 to go with it:

Trumpeter_Soviet_T-28_Medium_Tank_28R29.

And then I got some farm animals from Pegasus to feed my crew fresh milk and eggs:

Pegasus_Farm_Animals.jpg

I had also gotten the Pegasus Hobbies Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, but the camera wouldn't focus on the box so you'll just have to look that one up to see what it looks like. I'd been wanting that for awhile, it was time to pick it up.

Finally, while it isn't quite model related, it does touch on modeling to some degree. This was my wife's present to me and herself:

ROKU_TV.jpg

Hey, there are a lot of war movies and historical documentaries I can watch on that!

Okay, that was my Christmas acquisitions. Merry Christmas to me!

Anyway, here is my last acquisition I got last year as a Christmas gift to myself. I didn't post it above because for some reason the camera could not focus on the box and all my pics were blurry. This time, after considerable effort; I have a pic to show:

Pegasus_Hobbies_20000_Leagues_Naultilus.

I had wanted that since it came out. I figured it was time since I had Christmas money to burn. I hope to get started on it this year.

• Like 2