The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

I hit the Mad Dog Modelers contest last weekend in Boise. This weekend is Orangecon in Fullerton.

The Boise show was great and I not only won some great kits in the raffle but also picked up some real deals from the few vendors that showed up.

KC-135 for $6, that is the 72nd AMT kit with resin wheels

Airfix 72nd E-3 for $8

Airfix 48th scale Seafire 47 but wait, two full kits in the box and the Hobbycraft Seafire XV. All for $8

The old Airfix Javelin in 72nd with the Heller version in the same box $6

Hasagawa 72nd Tornado GR 1 again with 2 full kits in the box, $4

Hasagawa 72nd F-16A plus for $10

Monogram 72nd F-16XL for $5

That and about 400+ models in the contest.

Yes, I had fun.

• Like 2

Sounds like a nice score Phil. Too bad if some vendors didn't show up. That's always a downer.

A few weeks ago I went to JerseyFest. JerseyFest (like WonderFest) is to sci-fi, horror, and fantasy models, is to what IPMS Nats are to aviation and armor. ;) Yes, there are figures at the Nats, but no there is no armor, unless you count the armored personnel carrier from Aliens, at JF. LOL

I did go a little crazy in the vendor room on Saturday -

hellboy2.jpg

Abee2.jpg

These 2 were cast partially in transparent resin to assist in case guys wanna light the models. I just may...

ghoul.jpg

pennywise.jpg

The new Pennywise...that was fast

003.JPG

Mother of Dragons

002.JPG

The Punisher -comic book series. There's a lot of comic covers as decals for the base.

001.JPG

No one can have enuff aliens.

Well, that should keep me busy for the Fall and Winter. :)

Phil, those are some incredible scores! Way to go!

Kevin, amazing scores as well. That Mother of Dragons looks cute! The last one looks similar to the Esphenie from "Falling Skies", at least a little.

Way to go guys!

I actually finally have something to post here.....

I'll start out with my raffle prizes from Orangecon:

These are Wingnut Wings lozenge decals:

Wingnut_Wings_Decals.jpg

I'll be offering them to a friend in my IPMS club first; if he doesn't want them, they will go up for sale.

Renwal kit of the USS Springfield:

Renwal_USS_Springfield.jpg

I already built the Revel re-box of this kit as the USS Boston when I was a kid. My next door neighbor then was a crewman on the Boston and when he saw that I built models, he gifted me the Boston. Now I have this one.

This is Revell's Missile set:

Monogram_USA_USSR_Missile_Set.jpg

I'm still undecided about actually building this since it is 1/144 scale; I will definitely sell it if I get a decent offer.

Mobius Models Battlestar Galactica Colonial One:

Mobius_Models_BG_Colonial_One.jpg

I already have one of these so it will go in the sale stash. If I don't sell it after awhile; I may consider building it as a derelict space freighter or something.....

Glencoe Models Coast Guard Life Boat:

Glancoe_Models_US_Coast_Guard_Rescue_Boa

I'm building that one.

Those were my raffle winnings. Here are a few others...

This one I got for filling out a Tamiya questionnaire:

Tamiya_F-4_Phantom_II_1-100.jpg

If anyone wants it, make an offer.

I purchased this from one of the vendors who also threw in a Dragon Hummel Late model for free. I later gave away the Hummel to someone who wanted it since I already have one built:

Dragon_SdKfz_222_Leichte_Panzerspahwagen

This Girlz und Panzers StuG was a gift from a friend:

Dragon_Platz_Girlz_und_Panzers_StuG_III.

These tools and the Wash were all purchases. The paints were a raffle prize:

Tools_and_Accessories_IV.jpg

I wanted to try out that Vallejo wash since many people have raved about it.

Now Orangecon was being held jointly with a Historical Miniatures Gaming Society gaming convention. The Orangecon was a one day event; the game convention went for two days. On the second day of the game convention, I picked up the following....

Two Revell Shermans:

Revell_M4A1_Shermans__.jpg

Three other US Army vehicles:

Hasegawa_US_Army_Vehicles__.jpg

And this Dragon T-34/76 Mod 1941:

Dragon_T-34_76_Mod_1941.jpg

Those six vehicles will be built for my wargame army and won't be included in my count of finished armor models. I'll be playing with all those.

I also picked up some reference books by Osprey:

Ref_Book_Osprey_Armies_of_the_Vietnam_Wa

Ref_Book_Osprey_Falaise_1944.jpg

Ref_Book_Osprey_Kursk_1943.jpg

Ref_Book_Osprey_Operation_Bagration.jpg

Wow, that's a lot! I now have a bunch more to do now. Time to get started.....

Thanks for looking in!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On Hobby Day Saturday, a friend came in and visited after the local AMPS meeting that I couldn't attend. They had just had their semi-annual kit auction fund raiser. There was only one 1/72 scale kit in the mix and he got it. He handed it to me saying "You won the auction even though you weren't there"! LOL!

Here is what I "won" without being there:

Modelcollect_T-80U_Main_Battle_Tank.jpg

I will be starting this and my T-90 with cast turret very soon! Stay tuned!

Thats quite a score, including winning when you weren't even there! ;) LOL

I'll be watching for build pics, and hope you get what you want for the ones you want to sell.

Edited by Roktman

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At the local closeout store, a large 17" 1/30th scale X-Wing fighter for a whopping $29.99.

revell-1-30-x-wing-fighter-snaptite-max-

Very cool score. A lot of "modelers" think these as toys, but a little extra care, and a new paint-job, they turn out to be very nice models. If you need any inspiration go to You Tube and do a search for "Bashing Kits". He goes way over the top, but creates results that are prolly better than what we seen in the movies. I really like watching this guys work.

My wallet was busy this month in the figures section of The Net. ;) The first is a compliment figure to my not so recent Doc Holiday - the just released Wyatt Earp (1:9 scale). Then I go back into the horror world with the aquatic "Deep One" (1:12). Then I headed over to the shoot-em-up section and picked up a 1/4 (?) full figure of The Rock. Then a u-turn back to horror (or is this one history?) with The Birth of Dracula (1:24) where Vlad is mourning the loss of his Elisabeta. I lucked out of this one. They are limiting the model to 75 castings, and I got 70/75. So if anyone's interested there may be a chance to get one of the last ones.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

Edited by Roktman

Wow! Excellent castings. These will look great!

These days they *are* very well done, as opposed to the almost unrecognizable lumps of resin you used to get in the early days of the garage kits.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here are a few early Christmas presents I got. the Helicopter was a gift to me; the buildings were all purchased for dirt cheap....

Revell EH-101 Merlin in 1/72 scale:

Revell_EH-101_Merlin_HMA_1.jpg

From Pegasus Hobbies, three sets of Russian log houses in 1/72 scale:

Pegasus_Hobbies_Russian_Farm_Houses.jpg

That $10.00 sticker was for all three houses, plus the Berlin House below.

Pegasus_Hobbies_Russian_Izba_Log_Houses.

Pegasus_Hobbies_Russian_Two_Story_Log_Ho

Next was something I've wanted for awhile: Italeri's Berlin House in 1/72 scale:

Italeri_Berlin_House.jpg

From Verlinden, I got this NATO Aircraft Revetment in 1/72 scale:

Verlinden_NATO_Airfield_Revetment.jpg

...followed by this Revell Aircraft Shelter in 1/72 scale:

Revell_Aircraft_Shelter_and_Ground_Plate

That's all.... except one more I forgot: Hobby Boss 1/72 scale Merkava IIID (LIS). I haven't got any pics of it yet but I'll try to get one up later.

I also picked up some of this stuff to try to glue the vinyl tracks of the Schturmtiger:

WIP_BS_GB_Shturmtiger_XVI.jpg

You can see how it works in the "Maddog Manufacturing" Thread.

Thanks all for looking in. Now if I only had the tabletop space to place all these!

• Like 1

Excellent score Rob! Way to go!

Here's the one I didn't have a pic of before when I posted my scores. I got this one on sale:

Hobby_Boss_Merkava_IIID_LIC_Tank.jpg

It has already been started and I'm close to finishing it. Feel free to check it out in my Maddog Manufacturing Thread.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's what I got for Christmas so far. I was also given a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card that I will apply to another model when I get the chance so this will increase. Until then here is what I got.....

In a Christmas card from another member of another Forums I got about 6' of brass wire:

Brass_Wire.jpg

In another Christmas Card from a member here I got the following dry transfers:

Dry_Transfers_I.jpg

From my IPMS club's annual Distressed Kit Auction fund raiser, I got the following decal sets:

Decal_Sheets_I.jpg

After the auction was over, there were these seat belt sets from Eduard that were given to me:

Seat_Belt_Sets.jpg

I also picked up this helicopter in the Distressed Kit Auction for about a buck:

Amodel_SM-1_300.jpg

Finally, another friend from another Forums sent me this for Christmas:

Revell_Horten_Go_229.jpg

Until I finish my shopping at Amazon this is it. Thanks for looking in.

• Like 2

Well, technically Santa bought it for me, but since Santa and I use the same checking account it qualifies. For those who don't recognize it , it is a Paasche air eraser. Basically a tiny sand blaster. I am going to use it to soften the finish on some aluminum parts I am making.

er-1s.jpg?Action=thumbnail&Width=330&Hei

• Like 2

I got a Ginter Fighter Series book on the Tracker/Tracer and a $100 gift certificate to the local hobby shop. I used that to buy 3 kits: Revell's 1/48 release of the Hasagawa Bf-109F, an Italeri EF-18G Growler, and a Tamiya F-84G Thunderjet; all 1/48 scale. I plan to make the EF-18G for a friend at work whose son is a Growler pilot after they get me pics of his plane. I also managed to pick up a 1/32 Combat vacuform SBC biplane Helldiver from a fellow club member, so my Christmas was a very happy one! :smiley20:

GIL :smiley16:

• Like 2

Santa was really good to me this year. From the wife, a book on the Viet Nam War, a book on the BAC TSR2, and a Zactomodels update set for the MRC 1/35 OH-58D Kiowa Warrior, the new KITTY HAWK AH-6 Little Bird and the Squadron book on the F-104. From my daughter; Revell Germany 1/48 GR4 Tornado, 1/72 MV-22 Osprey, Sanding pads, AMT Rocket set, Flexible Tamiya tape and a paint mixer from Badger. My son sent me a Hobby Boss 1/72 Seahawk. My daughter's boyfriend got me a modeling visor that has a built in LED light and has 6 different lenses along with a small part picker upper and some new glue.

I was stupefied with all of this stuff this year. I thank them all.

Bill

• Like 2

This technically qualifies as a Christmas gift--from me to me. 1/48 Hasegawa Lockheed TF-104G company-owned demonstrator "Free World Defender" flown for speed records and sales purposes. The Dutch eventually acquired this aircraft. I ordered it in September when its release was announced, and it came in just two days before Christmas. I put it on the gift pile.

The plastic is identical to the 2007 release of this kit, so nothing new there. The decal sheet, however, is the most comprehensive I have ever seen for a Hasegawa F-104 of any variant. :D

Ed

• Like 2

Santa has been dropping boxes off for the past month. So I thought I share whats in the boxes. First I got it into my head that I can start making my own figures. So besides signing up with Troy McDevitt's sculpting class thru Patreon, I got myself a stand to help stead any future works of "art." ;)

IMG_2086.jpg

Then there's a kit from Creepytables that looks a little like a certain caterpillar in a certain story about a certain girl in the 22cm size. ;)

IMG_2087.jpg

I refound Monster Dork Studios on Etsy, and picked up his take on Cookie Monster - COOKIE!

IMG_2090.jpg

Finally Space Cadet Models released kit #2, A kit of Pioneer 2 and 4. As of now Space Cadet is only on Facebook, but they have their page set to Public so no one has to join FB that doesn't want to just to have a look.
As a fan of the vintage space craft, I'm looking forward to getting to these.

IMG_2091.jpg

Well, technically Santa bought it for me, but since Santa and I use the same checking account it qualifies. For those who don't recognize it , it is a Paasche air eraser. Basically a tiny sand blaster. I am going to use it to soften the finish on some aluminum parts I am making.

I gotta get one of those. Model Monkey recommends it highly for use on his parts to smooth the surfaces.