The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Kevin, that's going to be exciting seeing those get built. Bring 'em on!

Thanks Mark,

Yep I've already started (almost finished actually) the two mini busts from Moon Devil studios. I'll have to take pics.

That's some cool, off beat stuff! Looks like you're set for fun for the summer!

GIL :smiley16:

Thats Gil,

Haha thats me - Offbeat.

I actually have a narrow range of likes, but it's all out of the ordinary (for IPMS) stuff. :smiley20::smiley2:

And that's what IPMS needs more of, to the point that it's not so out of the mainstream. As a drummer, I know what it's like to be off beat myself! :smiley20: Hope to see pics of the finished projects when ya get 'em done!

So what about pictures here people? After all, descriptions are nice, but we all love to drool over the packaging!

This weekend was my club's Orangecon 2013 and I was able to get a couple great deals as well as two raffle prizes. Here they are:

Raffle prizes first:

Decal sheet for air-to-air missiles in the US Air Force, scales 1/32, 1/48, and 1/72:

Missile_Decals.jpg

Next I won a Y-wing fighter from Star Wars. It's even my scale! Check it out:

Y_Wing_Fighter.jpg

Now my two latest scores were this L-39 for $5.00:

Edward_L_39.jpg

And finally there was this Dual-kit set of 1930's era vehicles. I got this for $20.00:

Airfix_Fire_Engine_and_Bus.jpg

That's all my latest acquisitions for now. I got to get some shelf queens built before I start on any of these.

Nice score!

The FineMolds kits has awesome detail - and to be in The Scale of Kings? Excellent. ;)

I'd like to see what you do with the fire truck. Despite being a firefighter for a long time, I never found myself drawn to building the rigs. But I like lookin' at 'em. ;)

So what about pictures here people? After all, descriptions are nice, but we all love to drool over the packaging!

This weekend was my club's Orangecon 2013 and I was able to get a couple great deals as well as two raffle prizes. Here they are:

Raffle prizes first:

Decal sheet for air-to-air missiles in the US Air Force, scales 1/32, 1/48, and 1/72:

Missile_Decals.jpg

Next I won a Y-wing fighter from Star Wars. It's even my scale! Check it out:

Y_Wing_Fighter.jpg

Now my two latest scores were this L-39 for $5.00:

Edward_L_39.jpg

And finally there was this Dual-kit set of 1930's era vehicles. I got this for $20.00:

Airfix_Fire_Engine_and_Bus.jpg

That's all my latest acquisitions for now. I got to get some shelf queens built before I start on any of these.

Nice score!

The FineMolds kits has awesome detail - and to be in The Scale of Kings? Excellent. ;)

I'd like to see what you do with the fire truck. Despite being a firefighter for a long time, I never found myself drawn to building the rigs. But I like lookin' at 'em. ;)

Wow Kevin. you pulled that post out of a deep bog! Cool! An update on all those acquisitions:

-> The 1/32 portion of that decal sheet was cut off and sent to a good friend. I still have the rest.

-> The Star Wars Y-wing and the L-39ZA Albatross were completed about a year or two ago:

Iraqi_L-39_I.jpg

Star_Wars_Y-wing_CTA_2014_I.jpg

As for the fire truck, I had started another one prior, but it got broken up. I may try again with this one closer to the end of the year.

Stay tuned, I have another acquisition to post that a friend had sent me as a gift.

It ain't much, but it was free! It is also something I've been trying to get for awhile! A very good friend of mine sent this to me as a gift:

Aoshima_JGSDF_Patriot_System.jpg

I'm hoping to get started on this near the middle to end of July. Stay tuned...

i picked up a few choice items from a friend in Texas this week....

002_26.jpg

Starting top left and going clockwise (all 1/48): resin 75gal P-51B drop tanks, window masks for the Sea King helo, resin F-101 ejection seats, a resin rear interior set for the SH-34 helo, and the Eduard pre-painted F-104 cockpit Zoom set; all for $40.

I've also cut another "deal", which should be here next week. Pics when it arrives! :smiley4:

Because I'm a sucker for unusual subjects...via eBay foreign sellers.

Artmodel BV 155 V1 in 1/72 (who am I kidding...I'm getting too old for 1/72 even with optivisors)

post-879-0-75237800-1467945214_thumb.jpg

AMG ADGZ Armored Car in 1/35 (I may actually build this one.) The (un)usual east bloc shipping method of flat boxes and bagged parts in a bubble shipping bag. I'm shocked that it actually made it without any damage. Curiously he sent the right kit with the wrong box...I have the Fu version with the radio antenna assembly over the top. All the parts and instructions are there so, eh, life's too short to get wound up about the inconsequential. :)

post-879-0-94914500-1467945538_thumb.jpg

--David

Edited by dmjung
  • Like 1

Once I finally get the huge TWA Moonliner wrestled into shape and finished, I want to build something simple and easy. This probably isn't it...

Courtesy of the exchange rate and Hannant's back order discount, the HPH 1/32 Me-410.

post-879-0-51634200-1468451839_thumb.jpg

And this explains my other forum post looking for a good 1/32 DB603A engine.

--David

• Like 1

Here's the "deal" I got in the mail last weekend......

005_6.jpg

It's the old ID 1/48 vac of the EC-121 Connie! And by "old", for you long time IPMS members (like me), this one was distributed by Rob Wolf's "lone Wolf" productions back in the 80s!

I've no plans to build it soon, but couldn't pass it up when I ran across it either.

Sweet! What scale is that Matchbox kit next to the Curtis Racer? That would look fantastic among my 1/72 scale civilian aircraft, provided it is the same scale....

• 1 month later...

Having attended Jersey Fest - a mini version of WonderFest in Louisville - this past weekend, I bought a few things. For those that don't know JerseyFest and WonderFest are to Sci-Fi and Horror what IPMS Nats are to aircraft, armor, ships etc...

First thing I got from Gillman Productions was a reissue of David as the Wolf in the subway in American Werewolf in London. I comes with no base (but it does have a severed head) so I guess I'll have to create a subway station. Hehe -

001.JPG

Next was a Frankenstein from John Dennett and Moon Devil Studios. What attracted me to this, as I'm not a big Frankenstein fan, was that John sculpted the figure according to Mary's Shelley's description in her book. So it's not the flat top Karloff look -

003.JPG

since we've been friends a while he threw in one of his mini "fiends" busts - the Chluthu figure -

006.JPG

Next up is a new monster created by SFX artist Sandy Collora. La Tiburonera (the Shark Hunter) looks like a cross between a Snapping Turtle and the Creature from the Black Lagoon. I picked up the Bust of the Shark Hunter. He gave me a mini bust, and while we were talking - he also grew up on Staten Island - he drew his monster on the bag he gives for purchases. Pretty cool!

004.JPG

Finally I found an awesome looking kit from Moreland Studios. It's Perseus holding up the head of Medusa to the Kraken (who looks like an alligator in the sculpt). Looking at the pic on the box, the amount of detail is amazing and it fooled me into thinking it was somewhere between 75 to 120mm figure. I didn't think to realize the box and contents was too light to be a larger figure and was surprised when a 28mm came out of the box!. The figure is amazingly detailed, just that it's small. I'll have to take out my Optivisors for this one -
007.JPG

Sorry for the blurry pic and thanks for looking.

Edited by Roktman

• 1 month later...

Well, I finally have some time to post here. Now that I have a job, I decided to replenish a few things, and purchase a few more. I also bought some raffle tickets at the last Orangecon and was able to pick up a few prizes.

Anyway, here they are. I'll start with the supplies I bought. I needed the Mr. Surfacer so I picked them up. The Alclad supplies I bought because they were 40% off. I also picked up the tube of glue because I always do that when I shop for supplies:

Model_Supplies_I.jpg

These are supplies and tools I won in the raffle at Orangecon:

Model_Tools_I.jpg

These next ones are the models I acquired. This first one was sent to me by Chris on another Forums so I could do the "Hippy Ed Tribute Build" on those Forums.

RA_5_Vigilante.jpg

This next one is a model I won as a door prize at my AMPS meeting:

Churchill_AVRE.jpg

That had been on my list of models to get.

This Space Shuttle was a raffle prize at Orangecon:

Armaggeddon_Space_Shuttle.jpg

Yes, I'll build it even though it ain't my scale. It's a "what if" anyway.

This next one was someone else's raffle prize that I purchased off him since he didn't want it. He made back his ticket money which made him happy. This is the Surcouf in 1//350 scale:

Surcouf_350.jpg

Finally, these are the latest models I purchased from the LHS. The Boxer I got for the decals since I lost the original ones. Now I can finish the one. The other is a model I had been wanting to get:

Small_Scale_Vehicles_I.jpg

That's all I have for now. Now if I can only find the time to work on something I'll be thrilled!

Went with the wife to a thrift shop mall on Saturday. Found an old Revell-Monogram A-10 in 1/48 scale in a vendor's booth for $5.99. It was opened, so I peeked inside, but decided not to buy it. A few moments later, the vendor asked why and I told him I wasn't sure it was complete. I could see some empty spots on a sprue and could tell a few parts were rattling around loose in the box.

He knocked the price down to $3.99 and I bought it. It was only missing the pilot and the pilot's arm.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I got back from Florida yesterday, (Wednesday) and now I can post all my acquisitions I picked up over there. Another friend of mine from Georgia drove over to spend a couple days with me there and we scoured the two Pensacola hobby shops. This is my result of my trip to those two shops...

First off, we went to Bobe's Hobbies where I was able to pick up this little gem. I had to go clear across the country to finally find one of these! Now I have ALL the Roden buses they ever issued:

Roden_Opel_Blitzbus_Ludwig.jpg

Next we went over to John's Models in Cantonment, just north of Pensacola. I found a lot of great stuff there!

This was the first thing I found. Again, I'd been searching for this all over the place, and I had to go clear across the country to get this one too: This is Modelcollect's T-14 Armata they brought out some time ago:

Modelcollect_T-14_Armata_Tank.jpg

Finally! Now I'll be getting that started very soon.

I also found this and since it was a such a great price; I bought it since I could not for the life of me find my original model. This will be started soon too, perhaps for the CTA campaign:

Hasegawa_Leopold_railgun.jpg

Of course, once I get to the painting stage, the original will miraculously appear again!

Later on, John took us to the back room. This is where the local guys meet to build models together and talk plastic. It is also where he has his extra models brought in from widows and others wanting to sell off their stash. It is quite packed.

When I mentioned that I only build 1/72 scale vehicles, John pulled this little guy out and offered it to me for an Abe Lincoln. How could I refuse? It's a good little kit and all complete, and as he said; nobody can have too many Shermans:

Monogram_Sherrman.jpg

I saw this little gem back there too and had to negotiate for it since he didn't have it priced. I already built the building, so I wanted this mostly for the base parts that the building sits on. Most of the rest of the stuff is inside; but some parts are missing. I have to do a full inventory later on:

MPC_Normandy_Breakout_Set.jpg

I'm very happy with the price he gave me.

Overall, I'm well pleased at my latest scores. I cannot wait to start digging into some of them already. I do have Hobby Day Friday and Saturday all day this weekend to work on these so stay tuned for some new updates in my Manufacturing Plant!

Thanks for looking in.

• Like 1