The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Duke, ya need to convert that 1/72 737 into a P-8! :smiley2:

GIL :smiley16:

Chances are Hasegawa will release one as soon as the JADF fly them.

So true! But the Hasegawa one will most likely be released in 1/144 scale though! Still won't have one in 1/72.

Well I don't know. Comparably speaking, it's not too much bigger than a P3, and smaller than a B-47.

Edited by Gromit801

I got a couple things at my IPMS meeting this past Friday. Two were gifts, one was a purchase.

This is my purchase. I got it for $5.00:

Cutting_Mat_I.jpg

This was the first of my gifts; I got it from the guy I bought the cutting mat from. It's a DVD set of the First Gulf War:

War_in_Gulf_DVD_Set_.jpg

I'm looking forward to watching that!

Last was a gift from my good friend Joe St. Pierre. He was an F-4U pilot in WWII with four confirmed kills. He's not an armor builder, but when he got this he thought of me. He even signed it in the back:

MRAP_Book.jpg

Now if someone would just come out with these in 1/72 scale injection kit I'd be able too use this to really trick them out!

That's all I got for now. Time to go break in the cutting mat....

Won an Eduard Mig-21 PFM at the Nationals here in Columbus. Have since purchased:

Eduard Detail Set

Eduard Seat

Eduard Exhaust

Eduard Ordnance Set

Eduard Wheels

G Factor Landing Gear

Master Model Pitot Tube

I spent more on goodies than the kit would have cost. But, it's my 1st major attempt at resin & photoetch.

Nice Bob! But are they resin? I think I'll wait for plastic myself. The cost will be lower, for one; and I won't stab myself so many times for another. Thanks for the great links Bob, That gives one hope!

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a couple of kits, one a clearance aisle find at Walmart for $4. The Revell snap tite F-22 Raptor. It says 1:100, wish it was a more standard scale so I could repaint and decal it myself.

thumb_RMX851390-450_20150323_PList.jpg

The next kit is from the new Star Wars movie. It is the new First Order TIE fighter.

1634_TIEFighter_15_Front_Rght-1024x770.j

As I was walking the aisle at my "local" HobbyTown USA a few days ago, an odd thing happened. A big box with a Revell of Germany kit of the Douglas C-54D in 1/72 scale fell off the shelf right into my arms. Then the box dragged me to the checkout station and even dug into my pocket to extract the cash needed to give it a permanent new home with me. I even had to serve as the chauffeur to the box to protect it from harm on the roads and byways. It then hid from my wife as it snuck into the house.

Ed

• Like 1

Ed, I can understand your reaction. I saw the kit at the Nats and fell in love with it. Then, when Sprue Brothers were celebrating the Kansas City World Series win, I took advantage of them and ordered the kit. Of course, I had to add the Eduard PE set for the interior.

I have always felt that the C-54 started my interest in airplanes. During late WW II, my mother worked for Douglas on the C-54. She would crawl inside the wings and back up the riveter. I stayed with an aunt of hers and as a 4-year old, would make crude drawings of a 4 engine airplane whenever her aunt wrote a letter to her.

Good looking kit. I can't wait to start on it.

Looking forward to seeing that Ed! Great story too! I have a similar experience with A/C-130 aircraft. My father was a navigator on AC-130's and we were always able to walk through one during Air Force Open Houses. One of my top three favorite aircraft.

I am anxiously awaiting the chance to get one of these C-54's as well. I won't be able to afford the interior P/E set, so I'll be building mine OOB. Hopefully someday soon.

Let me know when you start that. I want to follow along.

Just came home from Hobby Day again and once more; I came back with more than I left with.

First of all, I went out and got two models I'd ordered some time ago. I finally could pay for them. These are the Toxso Models 1/72 scale SCUD-B Launchers:

2_SCUDS.jpg

Yes, there are two of the same model. I plan on making one Russian and one Iraqi.

Next, my friend Sean sold me this kit for $20.00. I'd been wanting one for some time. This is the Zvezda 1/72 scale Pe-8 Bomber:

Zvezda_Pe_8_Bomber.jpg

Finally, Sean gave me this model of the 1/450 scale HMS Vanguard that he knew he wasn't going to build. This was a gift:

Hasegawa_Vanguard.jpg

That's it for now. I don't know that I'll be getting anything more till next year, but at least I have a few more things to build.

Did my first "inventory" in over a decade this afternoon....

I have 316 kits of which 288 are planes, 20 are armor, 7 are cars, and I have 1 ship. I know how many are vacs and how many are resin, as well as how many 1/32 I have vs. 1/48. I did a rough and dirty value estimate based on "vendor" prices and they totaled to a bit over $6600. :blink: From what I've seen in various polls, I'm strictly average when it comes to my stash.... :smiley20:

The bottom line: I don't NEED any more kits! :smiley14:

Doesn't mean I won't get more though..... :D

• Like 1

From what I've seen in various polls, I'm strictly average when it comes to my stash.... :smiley20:Piker!!!

The bottom line: I don't NEED any more kits! :smiley14: I know what you mean.

Doesn't mean I won't get more though..... :D Now you're talking!!

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent scores guys. I finally have a few things to post here myself.

First off are the four items I ordered about five months ago..... and finally was able to pay for:

First is my 1/72 scale Aoshima Japanese Type 73 heavy Cargo Truck:

Type_73_Heavy_Cargo_Truck.jpg

Next is an 1/72 scale Aoshima 3.5-ton Fuel Truck:

3_5_ton_Fuel_Truck~0.jpg

...and then there's more of these. I guess I'd forgotten that I'd ordered these when I bought the second set and started it. I may build them, unless there's someone who wants to make me an offer for them:

Japanese_Type_60_Gun_Carrier.jpg

Finally, there was this house, which looked very interesting:

Country_House.jpg

I really need to get more 1/72 scale buildings like this.

Then yesterday, I went with my friend Harmon to Brookhurst Hobbies for their Black Friday sale. I managed to pick these two models up...

1/72 scale Revell of Germany TPz Fuchs, something I haven't built yet:

German_Fuchs.jpg

And this one, despite all the insistent statements about how inaccurately shaped and imaginary this tank is:

Dragom_M103_Tank.jpg

That's all I got for now. I'm not sure I'll be getting much else; at least until some Christmas money comes in. Enjoy! I'm going to go clear my bench of some projects so I can start a few of these now. Feel free to check out my WIPs in the Workbench Thread to see what I worked on in my efforts to clear the bench for these.

Recently I bought the 1/24th scale Pit Wall decals for the #49 Oak Racing Pescarolo LMP2 car at 2011 Le Mans. It's black and pink, but very cool looking. The decals are going on now and fit/form very well, they should as they are printed by Cartograf. The decals are going on the SimilR kit of the Pesca.

Yesterday, a box came in the mail from Hong Kong with the 1/24th scale, Studio 27 kit of the Ferrari F430GT "Risi Competizione" resin kit. It provides 3 Risi cars, #82 from 2008 Le Mans, #61 & 62 from the 2008 ALMS season, but the one I'm going to do is #83, the Krohn Racing version from the 2008 ALMS season. Love that lime green & blue it's painted in. Yea, it cost quite a bit, but oh well...

Also, the 1/24th Fujimi McLaren MP4-12C GT3 car arrived with Studio 27 decals for the K-Pax racing cars at Long Beach in 2014 recently.

I've seen some comments about how imaginary the M103 tank is. I don't understand them; the tank did exist and was used for some time before the light, medium, heavy tank concept was discontinued.

I've seen some comments about how imaginary the M103 tank is. I don't understand them; the tank did exist and was used for some time before the light, medium, heavy tank concept was discontinued.

I have seen the same comments as well and I also don't understand them. They all say the dimensions and shape of things aren't accurate for this tank. Funny, when I compare pics of this tank with actual photos; it sure looks like an M-103 to me! I'm going to build it Out of the Box, paint it and weather it some. And then I'm going to set it on my completed shelf and if it looks like a Duck and quacks like a Duck, it's a DUCK!! :drillsergeant: :D :D :smiley20: