The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Bought this beauty at the nationals. Time I spent money on the trip and 4 days of modeling bliss I only came home with this. Couldn't

resist the temtation though. Walked by the Zoukei-Mura table for 2 days and on the 3rd day I gave in to the temptaton. :)

post-2859-0-49204400-1440430074_thumb.jpg

Bought this beauty at the nationals. Time I spent money on the trip and 4 days of modeling bliss I only came home with this. Couldn't

resist the temtation though. Walked by the Zoukei-Mura table for 2 days and on the 3rd day I gave in to the temptaton. :)

attachicon.gifIMG_1137.JPG

I'm sorry to tell you this...that kits a mess. Pantographed from the 1/32 kit, which was even worse. I got it half built and threw it back into the box. I wish you the best of luck with it.

http://imodeler.com/2014/10/imodeler-review-zoukie-mura-148-focke-wulf-ta-152h-1/

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

I think I may have scored big on this one. I met a gentleman at a local hobby shop last weekend and he was telling me about the 1/92 scale USS Missouri he was scratchbuilding. The hull is 9 feet long!!! He then told me he had bought the Trumpeter 1/200 scale USS Missouri complete with the Pontos super detail set (w/blue deck), and was really wanting to get rid of it as it was too small of a scale for him (that's the funny part!). He promptly sold the whole set to me for $150 !!! Building begins this weekend. The strange thing is I was thinking about buying the combo at the Nats this year but decided against it due to the cost. I guess timing is EVERYTHING!

Bob Blevins #41445

IPMS Livonia

IPMS Motor City Kids

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These are the kits I picked up in Orlando last weekend...

002_8.jpg

Those who know me will appreciate the following.....My reputation precedes me and "they" see me coming......A vendor flagged me down in the parking lot as I was walking to dinner Friday evening: "Hey Gil, come look at this"! That's what led to the purchase of the 1/48 Sanger vac kit of the Peggy (in the plain white box) for $10. :smiley29: I wanted an F-104G/S so I could build a German one. Was there a Hasagawa kit to be found? Noooooo.... :smiley7: , but I did find the old Revell kit, which has the tails for both the C and the G, so I picked it up for $5. :smiley1: I picked up the old Aurora Forrestal for $10 to build for a club display at a nearby museum next month (already started it!). I wasn't looking to buy any Mustangs, but late on Saturday a vendor held a BOGO sale; so I picked up BOTH of those for $15! :smiley20:

Other than that, got some pe sets on sale and a decal sheet, as well as spending $1 on an old Scale Modeler with one of my articles in it (yeah, I know, I over paid! :smiley2: ) I also picked up some of the new AK metallic aluminum paint to try out. All in all, spent more money than I planned, but came home a happy camper!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks to Floyd Werner's beautiful Eduard MiG-21 PFM featured in this month's Journal, I just had to add one to my stash. Fortunately, Squadron has it at a very good price so the kit and associated extras are on their way. :)

EU8237-2.jpg

Cheers,

Eric

Edited by elarson

Those are some pretty awesome scores guys. I was only able to afford one purchase; acquired with the help of a friend since I couldn't find it anywhere!

Here it is: Tiger Models 1/72 scale M1A2 Abrams SEP TUSK II. They've had this version out for years in 1/35th scale, I finally get it in my Braille Scale:

TigerModels_M1Abrams_I.jpg

It even came with the free gift of a Mystery Egg Plane. I haven't opened this yet to see which one it is:

TigerModels_M1Abrams_II.jpg

That's all I got so far. If I can get paid I'll see if I can't pick up some more 'must have' models. Until then, I have to keep working on my hobby Room so I can finally get back to the bench.

keep me informed about the Tiger Abrams, I've been tempted to buy one, even if it is not quite my Abrams

today I ran across a couple of those snap kits by Revell, the M4 Sherman and Panzer IV with those gaudy paint schemes for a whopping $2.50 a piece at a semi local Walmart we rarely visit.

Edited by RGronovius

Well, here's my scores I got at Orangecon.

First off was a bunch of tools and accessories. The black case is supposed to hold sanding paper of various grits, but I may use it for holding sanding sticks too. I got it free for filling out a Tamiya questionnaire. Then there is the photo-etch kit of a maintenance stand I got for a couple bucks, along with some resin pup tents. The final thing that you can't see is a Tamiya weathering powder kit that I got in the raffle. They're all here:

Tools_and_Accessories_I.jpg

Next up is an old kit of Auroras Boeing 737 in 1/72 scale. I'd been trying to get this for awhile, and I finally succeeded. Now to get some decals for this bird since the kit ones are pretty well shot:

Aurora_737_.jpg

I haven't forgotten my armor collection; I picked this one up as well. It is Revell of Germany's Boxer vehicle:

Revell_Boxer_.jpg

Next I was able to get the Dragon USS New York in 1/700 scale for about $20.00 from my friend Sean:

Dragon_USS_New_York.jpg

Finally, I got all these so I could finish my two Russian Armored Trains. These are models I'd ordered some time ago. My friend Dave was holding them until I got paid and then could pay him. These are the basic flatbeds first:

Russian_Trains_I.jpg

Followed by two cars with AA gun towers on them and two others carrying a truck, a gun and a tank:

Russian_Trains_II.jpg

Now I can really finish those Russian trains right!

Okay, that's all I have for today, so stay tuned. I'm hoping to start on a few of those flatbed cars tomorrow.

attachicon.gifIMG_1137.JPG

I'm sorry to tell you this...that kits a mess. Pantographed from the 1/32 kit, which was even worse. I got it half built and threw it back into the box. I wish you the best of luck with it.

http://imodeler.com/2014/10/imodeler-review-zoukie-mura-148-focke-wulf-ta-152h-1/

James:

So this is what's wrong with the kit based on you're review:

• Fuselage/empennage plug assembly, troublesome on the 1/32 version, still present.

• Flying surfaces molded in place.

• One pilot seat without molded-on seat harness.

• Ejection-pin marks in some inopportune locations.

• Heavy sprue gates on many delicate parts.

The only two that seem difficult is the heavy sprue gates and ejections pin marks at last to me. I had no problem joining the 1/32 kit tail, I don't like separately molded flying surfaces and I like aftermarket seat belts. Of course all of these are personal opinions.

Just curious if there is anything else?

Dave

Hi, Mark,

I remember building the 1/72 PSA Boeing 737-100 for a friend back in the 1970s. Trying to convert this kit to a P-8 is, well, impossible without jacking up everything above the display base and replacing with scratchbuilt parts. I suppose it would be called a "conversion" because of the family tree of the 737 from this base kit. Scratchbuilding simply gets you to the conversion.

Ed

Duke, ya need to convert that 1/72 737 into a P-8! :smiley2:

GIL :smiley16:

Chances are Hasegawa will release one as soon as the JADF fly them.

So true! But the Hasegawa one will most likely be released in 1/144 scale though! Still won't have one in 1/72.

A 1/72 Boeing 737 is a rare bird indeed. Aurora pioneered the kit, so maybe someone still has the molds in their stock. Anyway, I went through my stock of airliner decals looking for anything Mark can use. Sorry, no got. The 1/72 KMC kit of the Boeing 727 is as close as one can get, but the airline markings were probably too recent and never worn on a 737-100.

Ed

Thanks for the effort Ed. I appreciate it. I might just start this and get it built until the decal stage and then set it aside to wait for the right decal set. It is an intriguing model!