The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my latest. I've been wanting these:

1/700 scale Soviet carrier Baku to go with my Kiev and Minsk:

HobbyBossBaku.jpg

Now all I need is the Novorossisk.

1/500 scale USS Enterprise:

NichimoEnterprise.jpg

Been wanting this for decades. Finally got it.

Watch for the Maddog Manufacturing Shipyards to start production again soon.

Man those are teeny models Mark. I really admire and respect these little guys a lot more than I used to after seeing some completed builds in person. Great score also considering you've been wanting one of those for that long!!

This was our haul from Tol-Con this past Saturday. Spent less than $100 and had some great raffle luck. My Father In Law won a flight on the Yankee Lady B-17 as well. I credit my youngest daughter for bringing this kind of luck because I never make out like this. Grand total on kits we actually bought was ~$40. We had a super time and came home with some awards too!

20150530_174420.jpg

20150530_174428.jpg

20150530_174435.jpg

Thanks! I'm particularly proud of the HE-111 and the JU-88. Got them both for $25 from one of the dealers. the JU-88 is my first Dragon kit, and I'm pretty impressed with the quality

I've got the Ju-88 / Fw 190 F-8 Mistel 2 combo and can see where you get the high quality rating from. I'm REALLY looking forward to that Mistel build!!!

I got this in the mail today. Only three more to get the whole bunch of 'em. (I built all of these as a kid so I'm anxious to get a second shot at them.)

2015-06-09%202015-06-09%20001%20001_zpsj

I still have all my old kits from 30 years ago. Man they look terrible.... If I didn't have 20 years worth of projects unbuilt on my shelf I might consider rehabbing a few of them :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PetrolGator

I went a little nuts. However, the wife just went to a Lilly Pulitzer store and... yeh....

SO I GOT TO GO ON A BUYING SPREE.

All 1/700:

Russian "battleship" Novgorod. This thing is goofy.

post-1852-0-08524000-1435448444_thumb.jpg

French Battleship Danton

post-1852-0-79590900-1435448501_thumb.jpg

Spanish battleship Jamie I

post-1852-0-76895400-1435448549_thumb.jpg

Russian cruiser Amur

post-1852-0-02934500-1435448641_thumb.jpg

I like weird stuff. :)

Can't wait to see what you do with the Russian "Battleship".

I'm with you on that one Warren.

Just picked this bad boy up off of Ebay....

Two more Street Demon kits to go.....

DSC_0566-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got a deluxe edition M3A3 Bradley by Orochi. I am not familiar with the company, but someone traded it to me for a 1/72 scale Revell U-boat I bought from Hobby Lobby years ago that I would probably never have built myself. Deluxe edition includes metal gun tube and extras.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by RGronovius

Got a deluxe edition M3A3 Bradley by Orochi. I am not familiar with the company, but someone traded it to me for a 1/72 scale Revell U-boat I bought from Hobby Lobby years ago that I would probably never have built myself. Deluxe edition includes metal gun tube and extras.

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like a good kit. Here is a build review (it also reads like a commerical) of the kit being built.

http://inscale.org/pub/index.php?topic=3215.0

Guest PetrolGator

So, in more weird news:

Imperial Hobby Productions, all three in 1/700:

USS Lexington, battlecruiser (what if)

Tillman battleship design (never would)

Japanese I13-I16 Project. Also a battleship.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up (2) kits at the National Convention:

miller.jpg

Model Kit #25004 1/25th scale 1926, ’28, ’29 Winning Miller 91 rear drive from American Racing Miniatures.

Box.jpg

Another one of these lol. The front end needs a lot of attention, but it builds into a nice representation.

I also bought a Glue Looper set, and that's about the simplest, most brilliant idea ever. Works like a charm!

Some good score while I was gone guys! Well done.

Now I have some time to get some pics posted. Here is what I was able to score at the Nationals in Columbus:

1/72 scale Heller Warning Star:

2015_Nationals_Scores_I.jpg

This next one was a raffle prize my friend won. He gave it to me because he said I'd done so much for him already:

1/72 scale Trumpeter Be-6 Madge:

2015_Nationals_Scores_II.jpg

This next one was something I saw at a local hobby shop when my friend Steve and I went around to visit the local hobby shops. I bought it to build for my niece who loves horses:

2015_Nationals_Scores_III.jpg

Another raffle prize, won by yours truly:

1/72 scale Airfix P-51 Mustang:

2015_Nationals_Scores_IV.jpg

I started that while I was still at my brother's house. It was a fun little build. I hope to get pics later in my Manufacturing Thread.

I already have one of these, but it was missing too many pieces to complete. This one is more complete so I'll be able to finish at least one of these:

1/72 scale Aurora Jet Commando:

2015_Nationals_Scores_IX.jpg

Now for some armor scores. There were so few to choose from due to some fool buying up almost all of Freetime Hobbies' stock of 1/72 scale armor. I was so pissed. Anyway, here's what I did get:

1/72 scale SS-100 Gigant tractor:

2015_Nationals_Scores_V.jpg

And the trailer for it to pull:

2015_Nationals_Scores_VI.jpg

a 1/72 scale Modelcollect T-90 tank with a welded turret:

2015_Nationals_Scores_VII.jpg

and finally, a 1/72 scale Diamond T cargo truck:

2015_Nationals_Scores_VIII.jpg

Well, that and a ton of new tools and supplies are what I was able to get at the Nationals. I'll be lucky to be able to acquire anything else now that I spent so much getting back and forth to the Nationals and buying this stuff there. Oh well; lots more to build!

• 2 weeks later...