The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Buck buck buck bakaaaw!
well... ill have you know that I went and got the Tu-22 at Blizzardcon!!!! so there.... consider the bomber set complete!

Don't forget this: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/258113-landm-resin-kits-tu-22b-blinder

nah i build all of my kits out of box. never upgrade.

Same here. I would only use an upgrade set if I bought the kit from someone who included it inside the box. Even then, I'd have to consider how much more work it would be. Nice score on the new Tu-22.

I just "won" the Trumpeter 1/72 Tu-160 and Tu-16 on eBay, my Russian bomber fleet is now complete (Said in a Darth Vader voice). I already owned Tu-95 and Tu-22M. Who knows when i'll get started on these, need to start saving for Blizzcon

Hold on there my young Padawan. You cannot claim to be complete without a Tu-22, and don't go claiming that you are covered with the Tu-22M, they are not the same plane, despite what those pesky Russkies may say. You too must deal with the old Esci kit, Hahahahaha

pshhhhh they're practically the same thing! i've done my research... close enough for government work :-D :gold-plane:

TU-22B

DSC_0602.jpg

TU-22M

100_0423.jpg

The only thing similar is the name.

I do have the TU-16 done as well

DSC_0763.jpg

The 72 scale Tu-95 is in my stash right next to the B-52, B-1 and B-2 all in 72 scale as well.

Don't have the TU-160 or Bounder kits (there is a 72 Bounder but OOP and fiberglass fuselage). There is also a M-4 bomber model the is OOP (also with a figerglass fuselage)

and Anigrand has the Sukhoi T-4MS, the losing design to the TU-160.

Edited by wedfactory

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been a while but I finally found the time to post these.

These first two acquisitions came as birthday presents from Saul Garcia (Sharkmouth) and Jeff (Ausfwerks) on another Forums. These gifts were totally unexpected! They sent me some decals, some of which are for vehicles I can't get models of! LOL:

Birthday_2015_II.JPG

The second gift they sent me was these two models. An IBG 15CWT Truck and an IBG Universal Carrier:

Birthday_2015_I.JPG

These next models I had ordered from Hobbylink Japan with some Christmas money but held them in my "private warehouse" until I could get them shipped. These recently came with a few more on the way:

Fujimi JGSDF AA truck:

Birthday_III.jpg

Fujimi JGSDF Radar truck:

Birthday_I.jpg

Fujimi Type 10 tank with Dozer blade:

Birthday_II.jpg

Fujimi German tanker truck:

Birthday_IV.jpg

and a Revell of Germany MAN 5-ton truck:

Birthday_V.jpg

These are the latest I got. With that German MAN truck, I now have the 5-ton, 7-ton and 10-ton trucks in my inventory. Some of these may be started soon, taking me closer to me goal of 700 finished armor models.

That's all for now. Once the second package arrives, I'll post that too. I believe it's the Japanese Patriot set.

Thanks all!

Well, I received another package today that contained the rest of my Hobbylink Japan order. These are what I got:

Aoshima JGSDF 3-ton truck:

Birthday_VI.jpg

And an Aoshima JGSDF Recoilless Rifle vehicle:

Birthday_VII.jpg

I was quite surprised that the recoilless rifle box came with two kits inside! Sweet!

That's all for now. Given how little money I have left, this will most likely be it for awhile... at least until the Nationals in Columbus...

Thanks for looking in everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Some time back I'd been given a Gift Certificate for Military Hobbies for my birthday. Yesterday, after our IPMS E-board meeting (held at Military Hobbies) I put it toward the purchase of this:

Birthday_2015_III.JPG

Gee, with both Dora and Annie in my collection, I'm getting quite the harem.... :blush: :P

I was so happy to finally get this. I took it to Hobby Day that same day and got started on it. You can see it in my Manufacturing Thread with all the other projects I'd been working on.

Got to love it when the Brown truck rolls up with a HLJ box on board! I don't buy much anymore because I have 3 lifetimes worth on hand, but every once in a while a great model comes along at a barging price and I got to have it! :smiley2:

stuff_zpso4l8ggdx.jpg

I agree Pete! Love getting packages in the mail. I'm like you though; I don't buy much, except when I get some extra cash for Birthday and Christmas. Can't afford anything any other time. But I do have lots to build in the meantime.

You're gonna love the Mercedes! I got to look in the box at our E-board meeting and what I saw made me want to get one and I don't normally build cars!

• 2 weeks later...

I just have a couple small things I picked up at the Brewer Brother's Show this past weekend:

LA_German_Halftrack.jpg

LA_Viking_Ship.jpg

I'm not even sure what company made that Viking ship, but it looks like it's going to be a fun and exciting kit to build.

That's all for now for me.

I've been trying to downsize my stash so that when I buy new kits, I'm using funds I've received. A couple of kits I bought for around $30, the Bronco A34 Comet cruiser tank, I sold on eBay for $72 and $91 (the second kit included a Voyager PE/resin set and a resin mantlet) less shipping. I had two because I planned on building one as a WW2 tank and another as a post war tank.

With the funds I bought a couple of 1/72 scale armor kits for $7 and $5. An added bonus was that my wife got a $10 eBay coupon (credit) for selling an item. EBay does this often; last summer I had to replace my garage door opener. I was going to throw the old stuff away (remotes, wireless key pad for garage door). When I was looking for a third remote for my daughter's car, I checked eBay and found one for less than half the price at Lowe's. After a quick search of the old items I had, I decided to list them when eBay gave me coupon incentives ($10 and a $25 coupon) to sell stuff.

The auction for two of the remotes went for $23 and the auction for the wireless key pad and another pair of remotes went for $38. Not to mention the $35 in eBay credit for a bunch of stuff I was just going to through away, I made almost $100 on junk.

img037_zpsczrrkavy.jpg

I've built a couple of the regular Soviet T-34/76 tanks and I've already built the Iraq 2003 Challenger 2. Both were decent kits and I couldn't pass up the deal on these two.

Picked these up from Modelmania in Houston last weekend.

I just had to get this one.......had to!

DSCN0130_zpsunmfugpi.jpg

and this jewel. The decals were SHOT.....................BAD! I ended up getting ahold of Dragon and believe it or not they actually had one set left and are sending it to me free of charge. I'm really looking forward to building this one as I've been wanting it now for 20 years and I think I've finally got the abilities and skills to do it justice!

DSCN0131_zpsn40dxc4u.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

Whoa Ho! Ho! Good grief what a score Warren!! That thing is gonna be huge!!!!!!! Cool kit brutha!!!! Good seeing you here on this site as well! :D

I was over there for Hurricane Katrina clean up with the Army National Guard. All I can say is that................was an experience. How long of a drive is it from NO to Corpus?

I remember it being a long haul as well. I was in an M1025 HMMWV on that trip though. :smiley16:

Edited by mustang1989

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great time at the Pelicon this weekend! Actually bought a few kits too....picked up the Kittyhawk 1/48 "Twogar" TF-9J, an Airfix 1/144 L-1011 Tristar, a Monogram 1/48 B-29 (to convert to a B-50!), an old 1/32 Life Like GeeBee racer, and a 1/24 AMT Silhouette custom car (my favorite Hotwheels car growing up). All in all, that's more than I've bought at a show in a few years!

GIL :smiley16: