The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

The BNA Elves finally showed up on Friday. However, because it was a registered package and no one was home, I got to drive out to my 'local" Post Office yesterday to pick it up. I now have these sweet items in my stash.

takom1_zps65cd7dcc.jpg

takom2_zps4d267b23.jpg

plusmodelswitch_zps82b2f73f.jpg

technical_zps0160626b.jpg

Guest PetrolGator

I've been selling more than I've been buying, but I did add a few I wanted:

- 1/700 Midship Models USS St. Louis (will build for my father)

- 1/700 Aoshima IJN Chokai. I also bought the Flyhawk PE set. I love Japanese CA's for their graceful, but powerful looks.

- 1/700 Fujimi IJN Akagi, full hull with the PE set. I'll be ordering the island from Ocean Spirit, PE flight deck from Flyhawk, and some AA guns from Ocean Spirit. Akagi is a famous subject and deserves the full aftermarket treatment.

Could not beat a $28 Evilbay win and the barrel came in from RnJ. So nice to have a armor mail order shop less than a day away....

Merc_zpsqp3tvi6u.jpg

76mm_zpsgjfpxnsm.jpg

I have a couple more acquisitions to show that I got in lately.

This first one is a purchase at my local model club meeting; a simple little PT boat that I can add to my boats:

Revell_PT_212_Torpedo_Boat.jpg

Next is a raffle prize I got at the same model club meeting. I had this and built it as a kid; this time I'll see if I can do better. This is Monogram's USS Constitution:

normal_Momongram_USS_Constitution.jpg

Finally, at a local gaming convention, I picked up these books along with a ton of paints:

LA_Refrence_Books_2015_I.jpg

That's all lately. Now to go and post my latest progress and completed models.

Guest PetrolGator

Oh you're going to hate that Aoshima kit. Their kits are hideously inaccurate.

It's not terrible as long as you're willing to pay for and put the time into the Flyhawk PE set. Seeing as I'm daft, I did. :)

I also picked up:

- Akagi parts I mentioned

- FINALLY found the Pit Road PE for the 1/700 Tamiya Mikuma. Long OOP, I had to almost bribe a guy to sell the damn thing, even though he did not have the kit.

- Tons of PE items for 1/700 IJN subjects. I'm planning to knock out a bunch of 'em in 2015.

Kit wise, I'm on a one in, one out. The pile is big enough, and I'm trying to get it down. San Francisco is done, so I bought Akagi. I'll need to finish Montana before I buy another.

I just "won" the Trumpeter 1/72 Tu-160 and Tu-16 on eBay, my Russian bomber fleet is now complete (Said in a Darth Vader voice). I already owned Tu-95 and Tu-22M. Who knows when i'll get started on these, need to start saving for Blizzcon

Realized I had not picked a WarHammer 40K figure to compete in the shows this year so went to Games workshop and picked up a few choices and also ordered a few things.

99120101096_DeathwingKnights01_zpsv5308w

CHaplain_zpsmxesopom.jpg

99800101007_CompanyMasterNEW_01_zpstipnz

I just "won" the Trumpeter 1/72 Tu-160 and Tu-16 on eBay, my Russian bomber fleet is now complete (Said in a Darth Vader voice). I already owned Tu-95 and Tu-22M. Who knows when i'll get started on these, need to start saving for Blizzcon

Hold on there my young Padawan. You cannot claim to be complete without a Tu-22, and don't go claiming that you are covered with the Tu-22M, they are not the same plane, despite what those pesky Russkies may say. You too must deal with the old Esci kit, Hahahahaha

Assuming you also have the ESCI Tu-22 Blinder? BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Hold on there my young Padawan. You cannot claim to be complete without a Tu-22, and don't go claiming that you are covered with the Tu-22M, they are not the same plane, despite what those pesky Russkies may say. You too must deal with the old Esci kit, Hahahahaha

pshhhhh they're practically the same thing! i've done my research... close enough for government work :-D :gold-plane:

pshhhhh they're practically the same thing! i've done my research... close enough for government work :-D :gold-plane:

Buck buck buck bakaaaw!

Buck buck buck bakaaaw!

well... ill have you know that I went and got the Tu-22 at Blizzardcon!!!! so there.... consider the bomber set complete!

Buck buck buck bakaaaw!

well... ill have you know that I went and got the Tu-22 at Blizzardcon!!!! so there.... consider the bomber set complete!

Don't forget this: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/258113-landm-resin-kits-tu-22b-blinder

Buck buck buck bakaaaw!

Don't forget this: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/258113-landm-resin-kits-tu-22b-blinder

nah i build all of my kits out of box. never upgrade.