The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Happy box just arrived from Japan!

Hello, my name is Pete and I am an egg plane junkie!

Filling in some of the holes in my collection and adding a new one. The shuttle and transporter are new to the series!

happybox1_zpsfe8b9a79.jpg

happybox2_zps955054d7.jpg

Happy box just arrived from Japan!Hello, my name is Pete and I am an egg plane junkie!Filling in some of the holes in my collection and adding a new one. The shuttle and transporter are new to the series!

At the 1986 Nationals in Sacramento, there was a cartoonish carrier populated with a USN wing of egg planes. USS Eggselsior.

Happy box just arrived from Japan!Hello, my name is Pete and I am an egg plane junkie!Filling in some of the holes in my collection and adding a new one. The shuttle and transporter are new to the series!

At the 1986 Nationals in Sacramento, there was a cartoonish carrier populated with a USN wing of egg planes. USS Eggselsior.

That's hilarious! Did anyone get pictures?

Since there seems to be a little interest, I thought I would throw up this photo of my stash. As near as I can tell, Hasegawa has been making "egg planes" since the mid 70's. They made a series and then reissued them for years. In the last 5 years they have begun making new molds of current aircraft. The first was a P-51 and they have done several more each year. The latest is an Osprey in two different version. These are really simple kits, but can be build up to very nice little models.

Stash2_zps6baa61d8.jpg

The latest is the 747/shuttle which is actually two old kits with some new parts. This is a shot of the USAF SOG Osprey. It is currently on the bench being build.

OSPREY_zps3f5cb4f9.jpg

1986 Region 9 contest. Shot in B&W because they were going to be published in newsletters. Before the days of Photoshop, lol.

Eggselsior002_zpsdd450f0e.jpg

Eggselsior001_zps4c9e3d51.jpg

As I recall, it also had lights for calling the ball, and the mast. Find the Update issue for the 86 Nationals. I think it won Most Humorous, built by Joe Martinez.

Edited by Gromit801

• 2 weeks later...

I got nuthin' too. Course when you consider this is both a hobby and business for me, it's a little hard for anyone to buy kits for me. But I did get a gift card from Hobby Lobby. Combine that with their 40% off coupons and

things could be very interesting before long. Let's see...if a kit costs $80, then less 40% equals.....

I can add my sadness to receiving nothing model building related. Of course, I knew this and ordered myself some early Christmas presents....Both versions of the new Takom T-3s, 2 Plusmodel Switchboard sets, DEF pickup tires, PanzerArt spare Centurion roadwheels, BlackDog Humber Mk. IV stowage set, and the AFV Club Centurion Dalet.

I never saw this coming in advance: a huge book! The New York Times Complete World War II--1939-1945. There is a DVD inside the front cover with 98,367 New York Times articles that I can read on my computer. The book itself reprints only 600+ articles on 595 pages, all articles originally published in the newspaper's pages. This is history written as it happened, with the writers getting things both right and wrong as their personal experiences impacted them. I love reading this stuff, and I'm through the prologue articles beginning June 19, 1919, through September 1, 1939, that set the stage for what was to come for the next six years.

A couple of years ago I found a boxed set on my mother's bookshelves called Time Capsules, one volume for each year 1939 through 1945, filled with all sorts of articles from the Time magazines of those days. I read all seven volumes. Politics, world events, people, arts, music, theater, science, literature, etc., all were included.

It may take a year to read the new book, and 20 years to read all the DVD articles.

Thanks to the person who sent this to me.

Ed

I never saw this coming in advance: a huge book! The New York Times Complete World War II--1939-1945. There is a DVD inside the front cover with 98,367 New York Times articles that I can read on my computer. The book itself reprints only 600+ articles on 595 pages, all articles originally published in the newspaper's pages. This is history written as it happened, with the writers getting things both right and wrong as their personal experiences impacted them. I love reading this stuff, and I'm through the prologue articles beginning June 19, 1919, through September 1, 1939, that set the stage for what was to come for the next six years.

A couple of years ago I found a boxed set on my mother's bookshelves called Time Capsules, one volume for each year 1939 through 1945, filled with all sorts of articles from the Time magazines of those days. I read all seven volumes. Politics, world events, people, arts, music, theater, science, literature, etc., all were included.

It may take a year to read the new book, and 20 years to read all the DVD articles.

Thanks to the person who sent this to me.

Ed

Dude, that rocks! I love those kinds of books and articles too. Your whole year is made! Way to go!