The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

I'm still trying to figure out posting an image from Flickr - every time I do, they seem to change it!

You are right about Flickr, I've embedded photos before, but they have made it near impossible.

My latest purchase is the new Dragon MBT70 German variant that I plan on building in a pseudo-US version if t was placed into service. I've got some leftover Abrams parts to see it that will fit the bill.

Guest PetrolGator

I picked up two kits from ol' James Corely again because he wants to bankrupt me.

1) Hasegawa Gambier Bay, 1/350 with his wood deck. It's partially built, but that's no big deal. It made it cheaper. This is also the third, and final, kit for my Taffey 3 build I wanted to do.

post-1852-0-21866100-1415025554_thumb.jpg

2) Ironshipwrights HMS Exeter, 1938. 1/350. These kits (ISW) have a bad rep for being poorly molded. This was is most certainly not one of those. The hull has some issues, but nothing that I cannot easily fix. I had hoped a conversion to her '42 look at Java would be relatively easy but the ship went through significant rebuilding after suffering extreme damage at the Battle of the River Plate.

post-1852-0-82198400-1415025591_thumb.jpg

Guest PetrolGator

Ha. Nope. I've actually gotten back to a 1/350 San Fran after breaking my Kearsage (repairable, but it'll take time.) The cruiser is going to take me a while.

Great day to be a model builder/collector. Two kits (SHerman & T-34/85), Shapeways ( Another AMX-13/FL10 adapter, 2 orders of the IDF water can holders, and M51 Rear Stowage basket), and Kelly's Heroes/Where Eagles Dare Blu-Ray showed up today. Could only have been better had my Stug III book arrived.

IMG_0739_zpse21f82b6.jpg

I am still in London after attending Scale Model World at Telford. Had a blast, thanks guys for the helpful tips! Here's what I got.

Trumpeter 1/72 Tu-16 Badger w/ the radar nose and missiles. The kit had a small bonus PE set.

Mikro-Mir 1/35 weird German hydrofoil torpedo boat. This was my favorite find at the show.

Special Hobby 1/32 Bristol M1.C. I saw a 1:1 replica (?) at the RAF Museum at Cosford.

Can't wait to get home and start building again!

Neal, enjoy that Tu-16 Badger! I built one, but with the glass nose. It is a fun kit to build!

Nothing big here; just some old ESCI kits for nostalgic reasons. I picked these up at my latest AMPS meeting:

ESCI_Boxes_I.jpg

I have plans to start these early next year.

Thanks Mark! I picked this version because there is less glass to mask, and it has those cool missiles. Going to try to keep this one as OTTB as possible, funky intake shape notwithstanding.

I picked up another Revell Monogram ICBM display set, several gundam models, and some styrene for a large scratchbuild eventually. I wanted a 1/12 F16 cockpit model but it's not in the budget, wish i still had the old one from when i was a kid.

A Horse, a pirate and a Nazi joined the stash!

The horse is ICMTH's photo etched 1:32 scale P-51 Mustang:

P51_zpsb8e3de40.jpg

The Nazi is ICMTH's photo etched 1:32 scale BF109F.

109_zpsa88ec94e.jpg

And the Pirate is Tamiya's new F4U-1 bubble top Corsair. I was lucky. Tamiya America had a box shipped in just for their Saturday Tent Sale in Aliso Veji0. The box they had was sold to us the same day it was released in Japan. Killer kit. This issue has an option for a clear cowl.

cosair_zps1e0e4d04.jpg

If John's a glutton for punishment, so am I. After spending over a year...and counting...detailing the construction of a Catepillar 60 in 1/35 scale in my monthly The Model Shop column (converting the Trumpeter Russian Tractor with the help of an LZ conversion kit), I'm about to start a Plus Models kit. This one is the Belarus Soviet Earthmover in 1/35 scale. 232 resin parts, photoetch sheet, rubber hoses, wire and decals. Oh, yeah, I won't start it for another day or so and it has to be finished by January 15 in order to be the cover image of the March 2015 Toy Farmer Magazine. The actual construction article will be a two parter in both the March and April issues.

At the same time I'll be finishing my How To Make Your Own Decals ebook, laying the groundwork for another one and either making progress or finishing four...or is it six?...commission projects for clients.

Then in my spare time....

Nice score John. That will be an interesting model. I'd love to see some of those types of vehicles in my scale.

Meanwhile, I'll just continue with this....

I just picked this up last night at my IPMS meeting. One of the guys wanted to sell it to me to place next to my Saturn V rocket:

Airfix_Apollo_Lunar_Module.jpg

It even has two astronauts inside; I'll be using one to place at the base of my Saturn V when it is done.

• 2 weeks later...

James,

Full kit though the turret will be regulated to the spares as I am turning this into a Egyptian M4A4/A2 FL-10 Hybrid.

• Like 1