The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

At Hobby Day on Saturday, my friend Jay came up from San Diego and wanted to visit a local Hobby Shop. We went to Military Hobbies just down the road where I picked up some paints, paint brushes and these kits:

Revell_Russian_Tanks_T_90.jpg

I plan on making one Russian, the other Indian. I've even started one of them; you can see it in the Maddog Manufacturing thread.

When I got back to Hobby Day, another friend had arrived and gave me this as a present:

Revell_Arardo_Ar_555.jpg

Oh, and just before I got back to Hobby Day, Jay and I stopped at Coast Airbrush where I picked up these two hoses and a splitter valve:

Tools_II.JPG

Now I'll be able to set up both my medium-tipped airbrush and my fine-tipped airbrush together so I don't have to keep switching out the hose. I can't wait to set it up and get it going!

• 1 month later...
Guest PetrolGator

Pcola show was good to me on vending.

THE PRIZE

- 1/350 Trumpeter North Carolina. This thing came with the Yankee Modelworks replacement turrets, Flyhawk PE set, WEM PE set, Voyager 20 mm guns, Voyager rangefinder, and even had a technical reference book. The vendor in question sold it to me dirt cheap gave it to me for a small donation. Seriously. He knew what he had and would not take more than $80.

THE GOOD STUFF

- 1/350 Trumpeter Prinz Eugen. GMM PE set + Barrels. Same guy. Low price.

- 1/350 Aoshima IJN Maya, 1944

- 1/350 Flyhawk set for the USS Gearing.

THE FREETIME STUFF

- Mix bag of 1/350 and 1/700 PE and barrels from Brandon over at FreeTime for helping him vend.

THE FREE STUFF

- 1/700 Fujimi (ancient) DKM Deutschland

- 1/700 Skywave Habor Set.

- 1/700 Skywave IJN Seaplanes.

I took $300 with me. I made out like a bandit.

Wow, I just realized that I hadn't posted this here. Anyway, back on March 1st, I had a birthday. I also had a sizeable (for me) wad of cash, so I decided to treat myself to a good quantity of birthday presents.

The next day after my birthday, I went to the Pasadena Valleycon with all of that birthday money in my pocket.

Now here are all my "birthday presents" that I got for myself at Valleycon. Man, I love having a model contest after my birthday!

First off, all these stowage sets from Value Gear. All these are in 1/72 scale:

General sets of boxes, tarps, packs, fuel cans and drums:

LA_Value_Gear_II.jpg

More general sets:

LA_Value_Gear_I.jpg

German Truck Bed Loads:

LA_Value_Gear_German_Trucks_I.jpg

Allied Truck Bed Loads:

LA_Value_Gear_Allied_Trucks_I.jpg

My apologies for the blurriness here. If you want better pics, let me know.

Now here are the troops those supplies are for, LOL! I got these guys partially for display and partially to reinforce my wargame armies:

LA_Reinforcements_I.jpg

I picked this up for a song. I think I'll build it alongside two other boats I have:

LA_RAF_Rescue_Launch_I.jpg

This is the second of two Nord Noratlases that I have now. I plan on making one French and one German:

LA_Nord_Noratlas.jpg

And finally, I just couldn't resist getting this. It is close enough to 1/72 scale and besides, it is different enough that I just wanted to have it:

LA_Mel_s_Drive_In.jpg

That's all I have for now. I also have some progress pics to post later so stay tuned to my Maddog Manufacturing Threads.

Just bought two of these 1/72 Stratos 4/BAC TSR.2 kits, which include markings for one fictional Anime A/C and all 3 factual RAF Airframes.

All the anime stuff is on one sprue - if you ignore that one sprue, you can build a stock TSR.2.

Now all I have to do is decide whether or not to buy any after-market stuff....

AF8011.jpg

Edited by MikeBrickman

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PetrolGator

* Tamiya 1/350 Yamato (old tool) plus the AWESOME Lion Roar PE/resin upgrade set. Required modification to get her to near "new tool" status is really minimal. I got all this for about $150.

* Miscellaneous Alliance Modelworks bits for USN and IJN ships. I found a bunch in bulk and made a deal.

Also, I bought a TON of shelving, desk space, and crafting supplies on sale at Michael's when my wife was going hunting for stuff for her hobby. I'm hoping to get some real space set up so I can actually build some of the 1/350 beasties.

At yesterday's Seattle Spring show, I only bought one kit for myself. Dragon's M4A2 Red Army Sherman. It was missing the manlet cover so I was able to talk him into selling it to me for $10. I however, spent $131 at RnJ's tables. They always ends up with more of my cash than what I was wanting to spend.

100_0260_zpsf629628c.jpg

I got a pair of 1/48 scale Tamiya armor kits from one of the sale forums. The Crusader Mk I/II (retails for $37) and the Krupp Protze ($33) for $30 delivered. Quite a bargain getting $70 worth of models for less than half that.

From this...

imagejpg1_zps440cce4b.jpg

imagejpg2_zps78a1f418.jpg

I chose these gems based on rarity or box art...

P1010037_zpsf2bd3440.jpg

P1010035_zps81f04e85.jpg

P1010036_zpse65a2a87.jpg

P1010040_zps43855d73.jpg

And from this stack of gems...

P1010038_zpscbbb4097.jpg

P1010041_zps57b5bf65.jpg

The Crown Jewel thus far....

P1010039_zps19a00adb.jpg

Edited by Gromit801

• 1 month later...

Here's my most recent acquisitions...

First off is this raffle prize I got at my local IPMS meeting. I intend to build it so that it works:

Korean_Turtle_Ship_I.jpg

Next are two purchases I made at the Brewer Brothers model expo and sale. I was selling a lot of models and magazines, and made quite a tidy sum. So, I decided to treat myself to these next two models.

This first one is the military version of the DC-6 I'm building. Now that I know what I did wrong on that one; I'll hopefully do better on this one:

Douglas_Liftmaster_I.jpg

This last one is one I never knew existed, but since it is my favorite American legend, I just had to get this model. It has moved up ahead of some others in the building queue:

SleepyHollow_I.jpg

Here's a look inside the box. How exciting!!

SleepyHollow_II.jpg

Well, that's what I got most recently. Stay tuned to see some of these being worked on in the coming weeks.

I walked out of the local HobbyTown USA with the Pegasus Cosmostrator and Pegasus Luna kits. Each kit has less than 10 distinct parts, but uses multiple copies of some of them. It took me less than an hour to clean up the very minor mold marks on Luna and about two hours on the Cosmostrator. Both are ready for assembly now. The ABS plastic of the Luna had some scratches that must receive some attention from Mr. Surfacer. I am very impressed with the injection molded needle point on the four upper tips of the Cosmostrator and the thin trailing edges on the fins that require no further attention.

Ed

I went to Bufcon this past April. I managed to get my hands on some nice kits. I won a Polish WWII era tank in 1/35scale, and purchasedan AMT/Round2 repop of the double Dragster kit,an Airfix WWI British tank, two Revell triple kits of WWI fighters, and a couple older modeling mags. I didn't find any parts boxes or Car Model magazines like I have in the past. All in all, I still had a gtreat time, as always.

Dave

• Like 1

Sadly, one of our local hobby shops (the one nearest me of course! :smiley7: ) is closing tomorrow. I'm going to drop by after work just to see what specials they may have going on in an effort to cut down on the stock they'll have to transfer to their other store in town.

GIL :smiley16:

Guest PetrolGator

I finally scored one of my "grail" kits: Monochrome's excellent IJN Akizuki. I prefer the '42 version due to the included etching, but I'm most certainly not going to complain about getting the '44 version. Monochrome's IJN kits are on par with Dragon's Benson class or Pit Road's Ayanami kits (out of production) and almost impossible to find.

It'll be tough not building this thing when it arrives on my doorstep this afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few things I've picked up, not that I need anything more! Geez, I have too many right now to build!

Anyway, these first three are a birthday present from a friend.... three months late. Yeah, I finally got them recently.

Birthday_2014.jpg

Tucano.jpg

These next four I got from another friend. I bought the three ships, then he threw in the F-15 Eagle.

Purchases.jpg

Hobby_Boss_F-15_Eagle.jpg

I smashed the box, he gave it to me intact. I wanted it because it has markings for the 33rd TFW at Eglin AFB.

This next one was all my raffle prizes and one purchase (the tweezers) at the San Diego Model Expo. Actually, one of my prizes is missing from this pic. I gave it to a little girl who liked it.

Anyway, here are six of the seven prizes (and one purchase) I got that day. The 1/48 P-36 and the Ford Fairlane are going in my sales pile. Anyone wanna make an offer?

SD_2014_Raffle_Prizes.jpg

Okay, that's the latest I have for now. Now back to the workbench....

• 1 month later...

That 64 Fairlane is certainly tempting, however I have no money to even make an offer. And the P-36 looks to also be a nice kit, although it is in 1/48 and I build mostly 1/72. The P-36 I do have is from a Revell 3 pak that I got years ago. Nice haul though Mark.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I know the feeling. I will probably have these for awhile. Not sure when I'll be able to take these to another show to sell.

I also have some other pics to post of some more acquisitions but I can't post them. My camera was stolen at Comicon and so I have to wait until I get a new one and take new pics.

Comicon: Apparently a convention of Superheroes and Supertheives. I understand the frustration of your loss. Will your insurance help in the cost of a replacement?

Ed

Oh yes! Superthieves indeed! With all of that humanity running around, it's too easy to walk off with someone else's stuff.... and it always seems to be mine! I have no insurance that would pay for the camera. Mine and St Crispin's insurance has too high a deductible. This will come out of my pocket.

Well... my wife's pocket. I'm going to go get one later today.