The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Thank you Kevin! Yeah, I have been trying to get some things done. The faster the better so I can clear out all these space hogging boxes!

Carlos, I haven't done the Japanese one, you're thinking of the Vospers Perkasa I think. I never even knew Tamiya had released a Japanese torpedo boat!

18 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Another of my birthday orders came in and here it is:

full

I now have all four of these Swedish tanks and might get them started fairly soon. Stay tuned....

Another cool looking vehicle. But I gotta admit the art work wins the prize. The tank coming out of the dark forest into a bright field really makes it. OK sorry about Jonesing for the box...  😛

Mark, The Shangri-La is a bit of wrestling match to get together. Take it nice and slow and pre-fit everything before glueing. Out of the Box it can still be made into a nice display model 

PXL_20221201_161843808.jpg

Edited by Ron Bell

Thank you Ron! Yes, I've discovered how much this Shangri-La kit fights  back. LOL! You can see in the number of clips I used to just add the side panels. I am planning on building this OOB, but that will most likely change as I find out what is missing. Recently, the box, which already had a sizable hole in the bottom that I didn't know about, fell from a height, scattering all the pieces. I spent hours with my wife trying to find everything, but a week later, I'm still finding parts. I will get it built as best I can.

Thank you for that pic. I'll save it for reference to go back to as I work on mine.

These online purchases arrived last week… for my 1/48 air forces

3AC25D72-1A3F-4438-B472-EEAD6EAF0193.jpg

One can never have too many Roundels or Squadron Codes…

BBD7A3F5-A011-4CA2-933F-A9F1F9AE3716.jpg

and these gorgeous 3-D printed TERs of the type used by F-16s finally came in from Ukraine…

• Like 1

So the day before yesterday at AZ AMPS, we had our meeting and another continuation of the estate sale of a local modeler who passed on late last year. All proceeds from sales are donated to Wounded Warrior Foundation, as that was the guy’s favorite charity.
So, for a good cause, I picked up these items….

0-D5-D8-EEC-9492-4-EB7-A13-A-D0-BD2392-B

This one is maybe about 30% started…

07-FDEB16-1912-4-FC5-9339-5030-E8-B8-AAB

This one was barely started, maybe 5% at most…

F413-ACF8-8-C08-4791-8685-6-F1-CC9-B8-A6

this really nice crew set…

3362-FCA8-A5-AD-48-BC-B8-B7-84-ED109-ECE

and this base, of which I had recently been looking for something along these lines… plus a few odds and ends that really aren’t worth taking photos of…

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome scores guys!

Recently I received some late birthday money, so I set out to get a few things I'd been putting off.

First was these two kits I picked up on sale at Hobbylink Japan:

1/72 scale Scimitar Mk.2:

full

...and this 1/72 scale Ford Model A car:

full

And since my compressor went on the fritz and I was afraid the repair cost was going to be high; I bought something I wanted for awhile: a more powerful, longer lasting portable airbrush from Spraygunner:

full

I got that on sale, and they even threw in an extra airbrush cleaning kit!

Then at Hobby Day Monday this past couple days, a friend of mine who realized he was not going to be building and painting models anymore brought in all this for me. All of this was given to me for FREE!!

First is this old school Dremel and old school soldering iron:

full

Next was something I had been wanting for quite some time now: I finally have a decent spray booth:

full

Oh, did I mention it was collapsible and portable? That was the booth in the closed, portable condition, here it is all opened up:

full

Brand spanking new, never been used.

Speaking of never been used, He also gave me a big box containing in part, these three airbrushes. One is a single action external mix suction feed brush like a Paasche. It has a .8 needle in it. The next one is a double action, gravity feed with a .3 needle in it, followed by another double action, gravity feed brush with a .2 needle in it! All are still in the original boxes! This also included an extra air hose and an instruction booklet on how to airbrush. Yes I will be keeping that and reviewing it occasionally. Each airbrush also includes an adapter to attach to any air hose available:

full

The other part of that big box contained this brand new, never-been-used compressor, along with a an instruction booklet and an airbrush holder that fits on the compressor. An extra addition not in the box is the airbrush cleaning pot that he gave me, along wit a couple things not shown: a large bottle of airbrush cleaner and a smaller bottle of sewing machine oil:

full

Wow, Maddog Manufacturing got quiet the upgrade thanks to a great friend! I can't wait to finish organizing the Hobby Room so I can break in all these fantastic new tools! God is good!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Mark, those are some great additions.... especially the tools.  

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Carlos! I got more since these:

I apologize for being so absent lately; so many things have happened: so much has been suffered; a game convention out of town was worked; and some extra work came my way; all of which has kept me away from these boards and way out of the loop. I haven't stopped building though, so progress will hopefully be posted soon. Meanwhile, here are some of the things I picked up, or were sent my way...

First is these decals for M113 APC's from Vietnam so I can dress up a few that I have, or possibly use them on other vehicles:

full

Here's more decals so I can make a Marine Corps M48 Patton too:

full

Now to find another 1/72 scale M48A3.....

Another acquisition is this speed control for my Dremel. This also came with a nice engraver and some extra fuses too:

full

An added surprise was these two 1/72 scale Spitfire fighters, different marks:

full

These were a most unexpected and highly pleasant surprise!

Finally, almost four months later my Christmas order from Hobby Easy came in! These are what I ordered, all in 1/72 scale:

Orange Models Bulldozer D-7:

full

Trumpeter Russian SA-4 Ganef:

full

Trumpeter Russian FROG-7:

full

And another Dragon M1293 Stryker Dragoon. I had already gotten one in another order from another company because I forgot that I'd ordered this from Hobby Easy so it went to a friend:

full

Finally, after another job paid me, I was able to order this Takom M1070 Gun Truck that I wanted:

full

And that is all I got from the end of April till now. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to post some progress pics of some of the models I've been working on in between all the craziness I've been going through this past month.

Thanks for understanding guys!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice scores Mark! I forgot that Star Decals also does 1/72 stuff… the Ganef and Stryker are excellent additions to your stash!

Well I haven’t bought any new kits for awhile… but I have been picking up supplies. AZ AMPS meets a few miles away from Andy’s Hobby HQ, so after meetings, the club will stop in for a bit. I picked up a few items on my last visit

IMG_7936.jpg

Then this past weekend, we made a visit to So.Cal. for a quick family visit, and we made a quick run to Brookhurst Hobbies. Man have I missed that shop with its huge selection and on hand inventory. Time was limited, so I couldn’t browse kits, but I did grab a few more supplies

IMG_8108.jpg

• Like 1

I bought a new kit last night. Well, I actually bought a few raffle tickets for the monthly raffle at IPMS last night and won this classic

IMG_8111.jpg

Woohoo! 

• Like 2

On 6/5/2023 at 3:38 PM, Stikpusher said:

Nice scores Mark! I forgot that Star Decals also does 1/72 stuff… the Ganef and Stryker are excellent additions to your stash!

Well I haven’t bought any new kits for awhile… but I have been picking up supplies. AZ AMPS meets a few miles away from Andy’s Hobby HQ, so after meetings, the club will stop in for a bit. I picked up a few items on my last visit

IMG_7936.jpg

Then this past weekend, we made a visit to So.Cal. for a quick family visit, and we made a quick run to Brookhurst Hobbies. Man have I missed that shop with its huge selection and on hand inventory. Time was limited, so I couldn’t browse kits, but I did grab a few more supplies

IMG_8108.jpg

Cool shopping results. Glad too that Brookhurst is still there.  A friend and I used to go to Brookhurst when I visited him in OC. So many other places are disappearing, glad they're still there.

Kevin, as far as I know, Brookhurst Hobbies is the last shop standing in OC. The only other shop there in the county that I know of, Military Hobbies, closed during the pandemic shutdowns. Yes, it’s great that at least one old time shop still survives. There are a few RC shops that also sell some scale static models, but those are not in the same league.

Edited by Stikpusher
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More paints from Andy’s and Hobby Lobby… Resin stowage items from eBay

IMG_8155.jpg

• Like 1

And finally, the last of my backordered kits came in. This is the Armory 1/72 scale Shilka:

full

Looking through the instructions; I'm not looking forward to starting this. Stay tuned, I expect I will anyway since I've been needing one of these in my collection.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First off, this is a gift from a friend of mine who invested in the kickstarter that got this tool made. He knew it would be a fantastic tool for modelers and so he got it for me:

full

Some time back I made a large (at least to me) paycheck. After poaying for certain things that I needed and couldn't afford before (such as a new bench seat for my truck) I decided to give myself an early anniversary present with some of that cash while stashing away everything else. These are my chosen presents that just came in:

Zvezda Soviet Motorcycle and Sidecar with crew:

full

I have American, British and German motorcycles, now I have a Soviet one.

Military Wheels Soviet Field Kitchen:

full

Roden Pigeon Bus:

full

Once this is done, I'll have all the Roden buses completed in my scale......until they release more.

ACE AMX self propelled gun. This one will be Israeli, although I have plans to get another for my French Army:

full

ACE AMX-13 DCA twin AA mount. This will be French:

full

ACE Soviet gun Br-2:

full

ACE Soviet Gun Br-5:

full

ACE Eland-90 Armored Car:

full

Interestingly enough, there's no South African decals for this car according to the instructions. I'll have to cobble some together....

ACE Ford V-8 Stakebed truck:

full

Finally, two each of the ACE Centuron Sho't Kal Gimmel/Dalet:

full

I'll be making one the Gimmel and one the Dalet; there are parts for each in the kit. I'm actually excited to be digging into these. 

That's all for now, I'll see you on the next tour....

• Like 1

Nice haul this time, Duke (well all your hauls are terrific).  As a big fan of the "out of the ordinary" I really like like the pigeon bus!  😁

Being quiet for quite a while, it seems all my new kits show up at the same time.  Well, except for the Norris Spider Head. Gillman Prod. had a good idea for their The Thing series. If you bought a bust of the guys (so far) you got a piece of the Spider. With the Kurt Russell character bust you got 3 legs, then when you got the character Bennings, you got the other 3. Then with Norris (the guy that becomes the Spider Head), you got the eye stalks. Then with Palmer, the guy who shows himself as the Thing when everyone is tied to the couch, you got the ability to buy the actual Norris head at a reduced price. The two remaining guys (again so far) is Blair (Wilford Brimley) when he melds with the character Gerry, and the newest offering  - radioman  Windows, who gets eaten by Palmer. Sales have been good for Gillman so I'm guessing we'll see all the guys before long.   Here's the Spider head parts. I Silly Putty'd the stalks to the head -

IMG_4932.jpg.e0451be6ec74bebfcbe972db1735b3d6.jpg

Next is from Mindworks Studios in Italy. Their new plan seems to be hooking up with artists and turning their 2D art work into mini sculpts. First one is from the famous Frazetta, and it's the Moon Princess. The second is from Patrick Jones and it's called Cleopatra's Last Dance. The pic is kinda dark but it's Cleo with the asp. I used the box art as the pieces are small and there are quite a few of them -

IMG_4933.jpg.ac35abdafda261948e57b561a34b3733.jpgIMG_4934.jpg.8ba97f566f06b07d9d3bd4a5658ef429.jpg

Finally back to a US celebrity and comes from Suite Life Prod., Marilyn Monroe in 1/4 scale -

IMG_4935.jpg.f708308c109fca4c98147e250dfed671.jpg

The rest of my summer will be busy! 😉

Edited by Roktman
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mark had Christmas in July! Wow!

Roktman, those are some great items. I love the one from “The Thing”… such a great movie!

Last night was our IPMS Chapter swap meet. I took several kits to sell, but there was no interest for my offerings. But I did find this classic. I think between the new Tamiya F-4B, and the not quite as recent Academy F-4B kits, these ones were bound to show up at kit swap meets for now bargain prices…

IMG_8576.jpg

Finally I have a 1/48 F-4B for my collection!

• 1 month later...

So I have been doing lots of small purchases since my last update post on here, and now I have enough that's worth looking at...

For my 1/35 armor I picked up all these accessories/AM items... brass 20mm barrels for a quad Flak 38, brass engine deck screens for my current Panther project, a transmission for my Marder III to fill the open space in there, some ModelKasten T-34 tracks, and some Value Gear stowage... because you never can have enough of that stuff!

IMG_8812.jpg

and this LAV-R, which I had been wanting for years and a guy on Armorama was selling off for a great price

IMG_8814.jpg

Then for my aircraft I had been wanting one of the old Revell 1/32 FW-190D's for a long time, and again found a good deal for one

IMG_8815.jpg

and some decals for the Dora, plus for a few other aircraft in my stash...

IMG_8813.jpg

This past weekend was Jersey Fest here in ...  NJ  🤨

For those that don't know is basically a Nationals but nearly all the models are monsters, superheroes, robots and other movie characters space vehicles from the Horror and Sci- Fi , and other movies.

Being the sculptors/producers announce any and all new kits in their respective groups, there wasn't may *new*  kits to buy in the Vendor Room. The contest room was an amazing place of all top notch models. And yes someone even snuck in armor.  😉

IMG_5484.thumb.jpg.77fc16f70bd8d6dce49d1b3ec885c5e8.jpg

ANYWAY,  my haul was was a 1/9th bust of Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday from Tombstone. They also had a 1/4 (?) scale bust, but I'm rapidly running out of room and passed on that size.  Anyway, here he is.  I left off the arms, holster and guns, I could only juggle so much. 

IMG_5535.jpg.cd23c8f5aaa4b8c7c193fc91c4b66e91.jpg

Also for preview was Michael Biehn as Ringo. Another excellent likeness - and will also be in the two sizes. The producer - The Suite Life - says he'll do all the characters if things go well.

• Like 1

Oh I do like the Kilmer/Doc Holliday bust. I can't wait to see what you do with this one!

• Like 1