The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Wow, I've been gone awhile and it looks like Christmas came in a big way for so many people. Awhile ago, I also got Christmas early. Brookhurst Hobbies stayed open an extra hour exclusively for SoCal AMPS club members. I wasn't going to go since I am broke, but one member offered to finance anything I wanted if I came. Well, I went and these are what he bought for me:

full

Not sure if I already have one built, so I got it just in case:

full

This is the fifth one of the six I need for a full battery:

full

full

I got this because it was interesting. I also will be able to add a small Italian vehicle to my railroad collection:

full

Since I don't have a Type 23 frigate in my Royal Navy:

full

This one is a commission for a guy I built a PzII for awhile ago. He'd been wanting one of these to go with it:

full

Finally, the only big purchase I chose. I didn't want to take advantage of his generosity so I left about four other large kits on the shelf and took only this because I've wanted one for awhile:

full

That's all for now, I might get more with some Christmas money but we'll see.

• Like 1

Latest Squadron delivery....

image.thumb.jpeg.3db2087622d4d9b4538384ca3058004e.jpeg

Goes well with this one......

image.thumb.jpeg.6708ac860cf82648bbb0feae8fe1cc3c.jpeg

Mark and Keith, you guys have some great new acquisitions there! 

Nice "gets" there guys!

Aah Brookhurst Hobbies - every time I visited my buddy in MV, we would always take a trip to Brookhurst. Nice store - a lil bit of everything!  Then he moved back east...

21 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Thank you Carlos!

Kevin, I wish I had known this before. Still, your friend might have moved long before 2007, which is when I joined IPMS USA

It was the '07 Nats in Anaheim that drew him back into the hobby. I don't know if he every joined the local group, but he joined the National group. He only moved a year or 2 ago. He's in SC now.

This past Friday was Orange County IPMS club's Distressed Kit Auction. I got these:

WWI Mk IV tank; most likely Airfix:

full

Roden FWD 3-ton ammo carrier, partially started:

full

Dragon LRDG Truck, partially started:

full

Italeri 1/72 scale B-48 Hustler:

full

• 2 weeks later...

My new scores came in yesterday in no particular order. First up is the new Tamiya A-34 Comet. I had placed a pre order with Brookhurst Hobbies a couple months ago for this kit then heard nothing and started to wonder. Then I found out that they had gotten the kits in and not contacted me regarding my pre order, so I contacted them and got the problem straightened out. I am quite happy to have gotten the screw up corrected and the kit sent to me at the pre order price.

77-E02487-CF7-D-4-EAB-8-BEE-D6-FF61-D739

Then I found this decal set for Korean War AD Skyraider. It has markings for an AD-3 from VA-35, USS Leyte Air Wing in Korea 1950/1951. After seeing Devotion and reading about the USN strikes at the Yalu River bridges, it was a natural inspiration to get this set.

52530922-59-E6-4-A19-855-F-109502385-F71

Nice Carlos! Great start to the year.

It's been a slim Christmas for me this year in terms of gifts and money so I didn't get much. I still managed to pick some models and supplies up with Christmas money. Before that, here's some things I got from others:

One of my friends gave me this craft box. Not sure yet what I'm going to do with it, but it looks to be quite useful:

full

Then there's this. Hang on to your hats guys; my wife actually bought me this for Christmas! She needed something else to get free shipping for an order she was making and asked me if I wanted anything. I jokingly told her "How about buy me a model?" She then handed me her phone and said, "Pick one"! This is what I picked:

full

The day after Christmas was Brookhurst Hobbies Day After Christmas sale, so I went in and got these:

First is paints and some glue I was running low on. The paints I got because someone told me Revell metallics are the best out there. I do love the Vallejo metallics and think they're the best, but I did want to try these out:

full

The paint brushes I already had, they just happened to be sitting there when I set up this pic.

The models I got at Brookhurst are:

This Luftwaffe Glider. Finally someone released one of these in my scale:

full

Then I got this for my Israeli Air Force:

full

Finally, while this was not on sale; it was deeply discounted since it came from a collection of pre-owned models that had been sold to Brookhurst by a model widow. I've always anted one but didn't like the idea of paying so much so I got this for a great deal:

full

Yes, I do hope to get that built this year.

That's all for now. Hopefully I'll get some birthday money in a couple months to get more. Like I mentioned, not a lot but the experiences I had this past month made this the best Christmas ever!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mark, those are some mighty fine additions to your stash. And I have no doubt that you will build them all!

I’ve had a few new acquisitions come in since my last update. 

For my 1/48 RAF & Fleet Air Arm, I picked up these both well discounted off of their list price on the evilBay

FD3074-E9-8-EEA-4095-8924-5420-F4-FD18-C

and then these two items… scrambling for replacement decals on my recent Mig-3, I realized that I needed Red Stars in my decal stash… and the Tempest PE set will dress up the old Eduard kit in my stash

98414-FAB-5335-4-B7-A-BCFD-4-F175-DE8332

For my 1/35 motor pool, I picked up these kits… last weekend at AMPS, some guys came in with partially built and unbuilt kits from a friend of theirs who had died recently.

I picked up these two very well along and very well started kits..

A86-FBBE8-7-EF7-45-AF-B4-B1-39-D162-E794

and this un started early Jagdpanther… 

0-A55-CC88-1762-4-EAE-BA0-F-281-B7-DF930

it is missing the rail flat car, but I’m not complaining. All three cost me $20!!!

A few new purchases came in this past week.

These decal sets for 1/35 armor

C1243-C70-5-D3-A-4-BD8-ACB4-E3-E13614-D1

7659-DE4-E-FE0-B-43-A2-91-CE-D9-DBA6-A2-

and this 1/48 aircraft kit

22271-F30-1992-49-DD-B650-9-AB77-A4474-E

• Like 1

A few new acquisitions over the past 48 hours...

first up, the railroad flatcar for the Jagdpanther that I bought last month turned up in another box of the late owner's collection... mostly built... the executors brought it in to IPMS last night for me

33A7716F-43DF-4F1A-BE44-8709018286DA.jpg

they also threw in the Panzer III M that was mostly built and just needs some little bits added then move on to painting... no charge to what I had paid for the three previous purchases

EAD395DA-24C6-4ABF-81AE-B7186E3B39E5.jpg

and then a guy brought in this Flak 18 that Ive been wanting since it was first released. I couldn't haggle him down from his asking price, but it was still a good chunk off retail, so I'm happy

C46E5566-3837-496B-99C6-C8F0CEFC2E2D.jpg

and then the postman brought in these two online purchases for a couple projects that I have in planning...

6DBE354C-DD14-4015-9731-50A2E43B72B1.jpg

good stuff ahead...

Edited by Stikpusher
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Many years ago, I picked up a 1/48 Kinetic E-2 from a guy at IPMS who was selling one off. I got a great deal on the kit, but I was never satisfied with the kit markings options. Recently I found out about this decal company, HADModels that made decal sheets for the aircraft in the movie The Final Countdown, including the E-2 seen in the film. So I found a set online from one of my favorite eBay stores and now I have the problem of the kit decal choice solved.

FA8-B53-B6-40-CB-48-FB-BFFD-DBD46-FC8-B4

0-CCD069-F-A87-F-4470-96-CE-C73-BD912-ED

now to get around to building the beast…

• Like 1

Love the idea of a Hawkeye that spied on the Jap fleet in The Final Countdown! I've got a Nimitz sheet where I can do almost any of those planes, but just haven't gotten around to doing so.

Gil :cool:

Mark, with this decal sheet, this one just moved up the “to do”  ladder quite a few rungs. I had bought this E-2 off Brian Casteel, which gives you a rough idea of how many years that I’ve had the kit in my stash.

Gil, I’ve got different decal sheets with most of the different Air Wing 8 USS  Nimitz squadrons, at least the F-14s and A-7s in 1/48. But finding out about this company and all of their available sheets was really a pleasant surprise.

Well, something finally came in...

Here are a few things that came in for my birthday. First is this ship given to me by a friend and fellow St. Crispin's Irregular:

Renwal USS Shangri La:

full

That will be on one of my slipways very soon.

Next, I placed two orders using birthday money. One was to BNA Modelworks in Australia or New Zealand; I can't remember which. Another was ordered from Kitlinx in Utah. I also have a Christmas order I got from Hobby Easy that was ordered back in December. That one is on the slow boat from China as it still has not been delivered.

However, the BNA order came in a few days ago.....before the Kitlinx one in Utah! Interesting! Here is what was in that BNA order:

Dragon Stryker Dragoon:

full

Finally I have all three! This has even been started as you'll see on the next tour. Now Trumpeter is coming out with an engineer version with a dozer blade. Good thing I just got some more unexpected birthday money! 

Three IBG Swedish light tanks, the M-38, M-40K and M-40L:

full

full

full

I have the IBG Swedish M-39 coming from Kitlinx along with a few others, hopefully soon. 

That's all until I get the next boxes delivered....

• Like 1

Mark I thought you already had built one of those Japanese Torpedo Boats before… 🤨 Not that double ups or second helpings aren’t allowed… 😏

Edited by Stikpusher