The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

• 2 weeks later...

Mark, there’s always something fun coming down the line. 😉 The only real question is when will the next one get finished… 🤔

So Ive gotten a few new aircraft items in over the past couple of weeks.

First up, some 1/48 Eduard BL.755 CBUs for a future project or two

3-CF46301-4701-4041-B7-BC-CA2-A987-B3860

Then some Yellow Wings white number decals and Verlinden yellow stencil dry transfers, both of which will come in handy

17-AF7131-1955-473-E-9125-0-E318-C94-CF0

and lastly this Hobbycraft 1/48 Bf-109B, which I had been wanting for quite some time, and I was finally able to score at a decent price

A0799897-E2-F8-4-E7-C-AD76-EE29-B27874-A

I must like 109s, because this is the third that I’ve picked up in the past year… 

Edited by Stikpusher

Well continuing my Yellow Wings purchases, these two came in the mail. This time some Army Air Corps types

6-EDE79-CE-406-D-46-CD-8798-26-E4-A17-B7

The P-6E on Tuesday

55-A70171-9-B33-490-D-8-BAB-737281075-B2

And the P-26A on Thursday… happy birthday to me 😉

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the belated birthday greetings Mark. I’ve picked up a few more goodies recently.

Some new acquisitions for my flyers. First up I picked up these PE rigging sets for my recent Yellow Wings kits- a set for the P-26, and a generic set that will work on the P-6E

7-EAE9-DD2-04-E2-4-DA9-86-AD-708-E177-E4

Then I picked up this kit, that I had been wanting for some time, but waited too long to get when they were in the shops

2-A55-E8-E7-A22-D-4-F84-9044-2-E5-C7-C09

With some of the extra parts on this D, and some resin seats in my spares bin, I can now backdate the older D that I have in my stash into a TARPS B variant. Now I need to score some B decals.

• 2 weeks later...

Here I go again…. Last night at IPMS was our annual “swap meet” meeting. Folks clear out their stashes a bit. Anyways I found a couple of items for dirt cheap…

first up was the old Aurora Breguet 14B kit

03-B0-F38-C-8-EC6-49-AA-AEE2-06390-B0465

the kit decals are wasted, but there some Peddinghaus decals available that cost several times what I paid for this kit…

and then I found these decal sets- national insignia for B-24s, which will help out for the B-24 in my stash, (a 2 sheet set for dirt cheap again) and a partial set for Corsairs (for free due to its partial condition!)

0611-CADB-D856-45-A5-898-F-4542-A018-CC8

I particularly liked one Corsair on the sheet because one, it’s a Goodyear produced FG-1A, built right up the road here at the old Goodyear plant here, and two, it’s from the battle of Pelilieu, so will be a great option for a WWII USMC ground support Corsair for one in my stash…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One more Yellow Wings acquisition…

24-A369-B0-C52-B-4602-AF50-128547086-CA8

• 3 weeks later...

A couple weeks back, I had gotten paid for a job. A couple days after, I got a text from a friend telling me of an estate sale just down the raod from my house. The sale had tons of model kits, a few finished models and even more wargame supplies as well as boxes and boxes of well organized baseball cards. I never even knew another model builder was so close to my house!  Well, I felt I could spare a Ben Franklin to see what he had. This is what I got.

First off, I grabbed as many tools and accessories that I could find. It was interesting what he had on his workbench:

full

The top right is a box of parafilm roll. Next to it on the left is a metal tim with all those metal tins inside. Each has a clear plastic lid. The glared out container in front of the parafilm is a hobby drop cloth from Testor's. Remember those? The bottle labeled "Super" is actually some airbrush lubricant. That will be a great help! There's the two tweezers in between the cloth and the lubricant, these have that claw end for holding parts better. Finally the rest is strip or tube styrene. I'm still not sure what the silver roll is; maybe soldering flux, or some kind of wire. For some reason I didn't want to leave that behind.

The next thing was these two German WWI aircraft in bags. I couldn't tell what company they were from, but they are still sealed:

full

Then I found this Hasegawa weapons set number 3. I'm sure I have another box or two of these, but hey, can't have enough of these bad boys can you?

full

This one was a model I'd been looking for for quite some time. I'm glad I finally got it and will be starting it soon:

full

This is one I never knew was released! Since my favorite Marvel movies are the Guardians of the Galaxy, and Rocket is one of my top favorite members of said group, I just had to get this:

full

Then at my IPMS meeting, I got a raffle ticket for entering models in our monthly contest and placed it in the tub for these decals. I won!

full

They consist of three sheets of railroad decals in HO scale, including Amtrac; and one sheet of WWII German armor insignia along with company, battalion and divisional markings. Then a friend came up to me and sold me this Airfix Dogfight Doubles set, complete with the brush, paints and other accessories mentioned on the box. I told him I was out of cash, but he said, "Pay me when you can, I just want to see these built and I know you will do it". 

full

During the meeting, we honored a member who had passed named Reed West. He was a prolific aircraft modeler, but also did cars adn a couple other things too. His preferred aircraft subject were WWII biplanes in 1/72 scale. He used to make hundreds of jigs for aligning the wings for these and gave a few hundred away. There were still about  a hundred more still in his stash that his friend Bob Penikas was giving away. Since I now had that Dogfight Double set, I requested one from Bob and got this, complete with one of his in progress projects that he didn't finish:

full

That is a vacu-formed aircraft of a Martin-something Scout. I doubt I'll ever finish it as I haven't any other parts for this, so I don't know what I'll do with the plane. I will definitely hold onto it though. 

Finally, here is my last "official" purchase from a store (either online or street), this was pre-ordered through Kitlinx when I had some left over money from a job. Five months later, it finally came in. I had forgotten I'd ordered it, it had been so long:

full

This is the second of the three Dragon Stryker variants that I've been wanting to get. Now to try and track down the last variant when my check from this last job comes in. He's already five days late paying me....

That's it for me. Don't know if or when I'll have more acquisitions so I'm going to enjoy all this!

Great luck on that treasure trove. Supplies are always good to have. As to that Martin Scout, hard to tell the scale from the photo. Is it plastic, vacuform or resin? If 1/72 and resin it may be this kit. 

images.jpeg

Mark that’s a great haul! I’m with you on Guardians of the Galaxy and Rocket. You lucky dog on getting that kit! And good for you on finally getting a Concorde. Such an elegant looking jet liner! I think that the Alabtross and Fokker are both Eduard kits by looking at that finishing diagram. That’s done in their style. 

7 hours ago, Ron Bell said:

Great luck on that treasure trove. Supplies are always good to have. As to that Martin Scout, hard to tell the scale from the photo. Is it plastic, vacuform or resin? If 1/72 and resin it may be this kit. 

images.jpeg

Thank you Ron! Yes, given how fast and frequently I finish models; I need to always stock up; even if I don't need something I'll pick it up.

The Martin MS-1 that came on my jig is a vac formed kit. Reed had done an outstanding job in making it look perfect.

7 hours ago, Stikpusher said:

Mark that’s a great haul! I’m with you on Guardians of the Galaxy and Rocket. You lucky dog on getting that kit! And good for you on finally getting a Concorde. Such an elegant looking jet liner! I think that the Albatross and Fokker are both Eduard kits by looking at that finishing diagram. That’s done in their style. 

Thanks Carlos! Yeah, I was thrilled to get the Rocket kit, they had three of them! If I'd had enough cash I could have gotten one for you. I am thrilled to have that Concorde too. Thank you for the info on those biplane kits; you are probably right.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mark. I know how that goes on spare cash. Been there/done that far too often in the past. We have Modelzona coming up here in about six weeks, so perhaps another bargain Rocket will turn up there. 🤞🏼

So it’s been a bit since I posted an update on latest acquisitions…. I’ve been nickel and diming it here and there, plus a couple of lucky finds…
For my 1/48 aircraft I stumbled upon this F-5F the other day at a local shop for a great price (far lower than any of the eBay scalpers were asking), so I snatched it up ASAP.

F0-A48-FA4-7-B8-F-4-D12-8-B2-C-E903-B299

then at IPMS last week, a fellow chapter member was selling off this kit for cheap, and who am I to say no to a bargain. I also successfully haggled for a lower price on this Microscale decal set off the E, since I didn’t care for the kit markings…

23-FED7-B9-0729-43-C6-889-A-B426-C0-E92-

Then I  picked up this Verlinden transfer set to get the markings I want for a future project, as again I didn’t want the kit decals. Alongside are some F-86D decals obtained in trade for a different project of mine. Thanks John Eaton for answering my “looking for” plea.

18-EAD2-AD-8749-4024-AFEF-88-B08-A9-D785

a second thank you to him for  graciously sweetening the deal by throwing in this P-40 that he apparently bought in bulk

8-D80405-F-08-A0-4602-8-D08-2-C1-D9-F162

and my ground forces were not neglected either…. firstly with the recent announcement that Archer was closing up shop, I decided to pick up some of their marking sets I need for few different projects. It’s now or never…

33-E4-B64-B-2-A15-4418-9153-636-E5-ED044

finally, at IPMS I had won a couple of gift certificates to Andy’s Hobby HQ from monthly chapter contests. Yesterday I went and came home with this baby… along with some mundane supplies that are really not worth taking a photo of but used up the rest of my certificates amount.

3-D86-ED6-C-494-A-4-A0-C-8-BF2-EF265204-

Now to build some of these…

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 10:55 AM, Mark Deliduka said:

Outstanding! This should keep you busy for awhile!

Yeah, it’s not like I have a lack of projects or stash…. but I still keep looking for those gaps in the collection to be filled… speaking of which….

Found this one on eBay last week for auction at about half off the best shop prices. And NOBODY else bid on it. Since the Thunderbirds started here at Luke AFB in 1953 flying these, it’s going to my Luke collection. Something of a new and old kit, as it is metal plated like the old Hawk F-84 that I built decades ago. 

A1-A651-D0-2-F93-4-BF0-BBDC-90-A2233637-

These came in the mail yesterday. I had ordered this decal set for my F-14D kit that I will be converting to an F-14B, I just needed the markings to get the last items needed.

336-AA922-4-E61-486-A-91-B0-8-C82-D66-FC

• 2 weeks later...

Here is one I picked up at an antique mall near Milton, FL a couple of weeks ago, never heard of it before, $18.00, looks complete!

Chip

Naples, FL

IMG_6804.jpg

• Like 4

I have been looking for one of those for a while.  Great deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Chip, that’s an awesome find! Aurora had some great subjects back in the day. I do hope that Atlantis Models may have those molds in their inventory somewhere. 

I’ve had a few items come in over the past week or two. 

First up, a set of Falcon vacuform canopies for post WWII USAF jets. I needed the one for an F-80 that I bought off of eBay that was missing it’s canopy. Most of the others will come in handy as well.

9-E9-E5741-B262-4-CEF-84-E3-C3-C0-A1-E55

Then I picked up these two decal sets secondhand from Squadron, of all places… they’ll work great for some chopper kits I have where I don’t care for the kit decals, or the kit decals suck (Academy… cough cough)

14531-BB1-0-E69-4406-AA76-AA1940-EA8144.

F05810-B9-93-E4-4-EA9-B051-CFD11-C1-D02-

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome scores guys! Way to go!

Last month at our IPMS meeting, one of my fellow club members gave me his raffle ticket that everyone gets who enters a model in the club competition. I actually won something with it:

full

Sweet!

Nice win Mark! Is this a new type for you?

22 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Awesome scores guys! Way to go!

Last month at our IPMS meeting, one of my fellow club members gave me his raffle ticket that everyone gets who enters a model in the club competition. I actually won something with it:

full

Sweet!

Nice win, Duke!

Reminds me of when my son and I used to go to my local IPMS meetings. There you had to buy the tix.  I always bought $10 worth and then gave them to him. If there were 15 prizes he was assured of having his number called 2X!  If I hung on to the tix - nothing... LOL

Thank you Carlos. Yes, I believe this is the first Super Etendard I will have in my collection.

Thank you Kevin! At our meeting, everyone who enters a model in our contest gets one free raffle ticket. We also offer more for sale. In the days when I had some money, I would buy about 10-20 dollars worth and usually go home with at least one. Good to know your son was such a lucky charm! That is a great story!

14 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Thank you Carlos. Yes, I believe this is the first Super Etendard I will have in my collection.

Thank you Kevin! At our meeting, everyone who enters a model in our contest gets one free raffle ticket. We also offer more for sale. In the days when I had some money, I would buy about 10-20 dollars worth and usually go home with at least one. Good to know your son was such a lucky charm! That is a great story!

Oh, ok. We sort of have similar on a yearly basis. Every November we have whats called a Mega Raffle. Tickets can't be bought but you get one ticket for every model you brought in thru out the year. Then in Jan or Feb. we have a Pledge Night. You give the name of a model you promise to build and if you follow thru and display it at the Oct. meeting, you get an extra 5 tickets.  Some of the prizes are general stuff, Exacto blades, Tamiya tape, small plastic storage bins, etc... but there are a few bigger prizes mixed in.

I miss the OC IPMS raffles, and at least one ticket from entering a model. At Phoenix IPMS ya gotta buy all of your tickets. I was talking with Dave Fredericks last Saturday at Modelzona about various differences between the two clubs.