The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Here are three kits I purchased for myself about a month and a half ago.  The Monogram Stuka kit I started in the 80's as a boy.   I purchased the Revell kit essentially for the decals, the decals in the partially assembled Monogram kit being very bad off.  That said, I got the Revell Stuka at Hobby Lobby 40 percent off which means I essentially paid around 12 dollars for decals. (But they are the exact same decals from the exact same kit without having to pay for shipping so maybe it works 🙂)  I picked up the old Revell PT-109 and the Tamiya Panzer IV at a nearby hobby shop.  I am really looking forward to building the Panzer IV.  I have a Model Masters Panzer Gray rattle can just itchin' to be sprayed 🙂  

100_4052.JPG

• Like 2

Nice haul there Ed. So it sounds like you need a second set of decals for the new Stuka if you’re going to swipe the new decals for the old kit. Ya gotta love the classic Tamiya Panzer IV D. But on that PT-109, I do believe that is the new tool Revell release, and not the 60’s vintage classic from when JFK was president. 

Ed that looks like a fantastic score! I'm really interested in seeing the PT boat get built since that is the new tool. I have the old tool one in the stash.

Meanwhile, here are a few things I got; most are birthday presents from friends.

Before I get to those, here is the last Christmas present I finally got.... just in time for my birthday three months later!

These are the Scale Model Scenery HO scale church pews:

full

Here is what they look like inside the package:

full

And now on to the birthday presents...

From my friend Albert I got this Roden Sd Kfz 234/4 Pakwagen:

full

Followed by:

Airfix 1/72 scale Sherman Firefly that he gave me also:

full

My other friend Humberto gave me this Dragon LCM and Sherman 2in1 kit:

full

And that is all I got. I don't expect to get anything more the rest of the year unless someone just gives me something; or I win a raffle with whatever tickets I might be able to buy at a show. I always try to buy at least one raffle ticket to support any club that puts on a show.

Thanks everyone! Now on to the manufacturing plant......

Carlos, I think I am going to simply build the newer Revell Stuka and place its decals on it.  I have no idea what I am going to do with the Monogram partially assembled one.  I am relieved that I have a new PT-109.  I thought it was older due to its box and packaging, but if its the newer one so much the better.  I heard old Revell Kits had bad fits.  I do not know that is just what I heard. 🙂 Mark, I am loving the Shermans that you added to your stash through gifts, especially the Airfix kit.  That Firefly looks neat!  I have no idea when I will get around to building the PT-109, I am working on a British WWI era "Tadpole" tank currently and had a very frustrating day trying to paint some of it yesterday...but I am learning a lot.  I would love to see your finished church with its stained glass and pews.  Also, very neat!  🙂

Nice stuff.

Mark, remember the Airfix Firefly should not have the bow gun installed.  There should be an armored plate over the location.

Thank you Ed! I'm glad you got the Tadpole sorted out. I am looking forward to seeing the PT-109 started, maybe I'll start mine when you do. I have a lot of small boats like that to do and I do ant to get them all finished someday.

Thank you Phil. I'm glad to see you check in! Yeah, I noticed that right off about the bow machine gun. Having built three or four other Firefly tanks, I specifically made note of that when I checked it out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, your Walmart sells kits! Lucky!

Some recent purchases. Got the two Phantoms for $20 each at a swapmeet, which I consider a pretty good deal. 

IMG_1117.JPG

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1119.JPG

Edited by PaulBradley

Congrats on the swap meet haul!

ANY kit for less than $30 these days is a good deal.

Lock Downs here meant no swap meets for a while.

Not even sure from the local club websites if any occurred in 2021.

Actually, a Wally Mart selling kits in my area will be past tense as soon as the clearance items are gone.

Edited by cheveuxroux
  • Like 1

Paul, that is a seriously great batch of additions to your stash. And $20 each for 1/48 Hasegawa Phantoms is definitely a SCORE!

• Like 1

So I guess that I’ve been lagging on adding my latest acquisitions for a bit on here.
First up, I picked this up for a guy on Armorama who was selling it for a good price. I’ve been wanting a Sherman III DV for a LONG time!

FB4-D4604-A1-CD-44-D9-8297-44-AFEA5-B248

Then for crew, I picked up this Masterbox set. The two in desert uniforms will work just fine

4-E9-DEBA6-B7-B7-425-A-89-D3-F57-ABA9-A1

and lastly, a generous soul on Armorama gifted me these two Revolutionary War figures, after I mentioned on a thread of having built one long ago during the bicentennial and would like to have another  go at one, now that I can paint figures halfway decently. Many thanks for the two!

A81-E0451-CA08-472-F-82-DA-6-FE2-B99-D9-

This came in the mail today. Courtesy of the same generous soul on Armorama.  Now I have the proper opponent to square off with the Continental Soldier figure that I received a bit over a week ago. 

2-E9-AC303-1-E04-4850-A3-F4-1-E85190-CB7

I had never picked up this figure back when I built the Continental Soldier long ago. 

Here's what I got some time ago. It had come from a friend on another Forums and I was so busy that I placed it in my Hobby Room and promptly forgot it was there. Just a couple days ago, I went in to try and organize the room a little better and found it again. Opening it up, I found these:

full

full

That was a completely unexpected and very welcome surprise.

• Like 1

Finally picked up the Hasegawa Val kit I've been wanting for a while. Was always too expensive. Also picked up the Airfix 48th Sea Vixen, Sword 72nd AD-4W Skyraider and a gift from a friend....the DoraWings 72nd P-43.

20220425_093520.jpg

20220425_093602.jpg

20220425_092832.jpg

20220425_093506.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Keith, those are some really good scores! I’m really liking those two quarter scale kits, but that P-43 is sure a fine score as well!

Well I’ve been slowly adding to the flyboys section of my stash over the past few weeks, so now it’s time to share…

first up, some decals for the Hind in my stash that I had been wondering how to mark

EE4-B06-B9-8146-4257-8-E74-78-CEF5-C6164

1-C6-A911-D-50-A8-4696-8-ECA-008-D8-FAD7

I took a chance and ordered them from Ukraine in early April, and they actually arrived within a few weeks. 
Next up is this gorgeous set for late career USMC Skyhawks. I can make at least two Scooters off this sheet, and possibly might acquire one more, as they have an F in the TPS grays!

16621-C1-E-CE37-4-F1-A-8-A69-CB4-F077-AA

then I picked up this old decal set since I’m feeling the urge to model some Yellow Wings stuff… I haven’t done that since I was a kid

97-DFDF13-ADC7-4631-8-A9-C-169-D70-AA5-E

and lastly this just arrived in todays mail, purchased off eBay for a fine price. It’s the old Hobbycraft molds, which arent bad at all, but it has a fabulous Cartograph decal sheet with about eight markings options.

05-A67678-92-B1-4251-A5-F0-C7-F1-D2427-F

That’s all for now ;)

Well this is gonna be a long one. Not because I bought a lot but thanks to the extreme generosity of someone on another Forums who surprised me with them.

Here's the one I bought. I got it with an Amazon Gift card given to me for my birthday:

full

I already did get that started. 

A few days before that T-62 came in, I got a message letting me know to BOLO, because a box was heading my way filled with small scale treats that he knew he was never going to build. He wasn't kidding. Here they are, armor first, than aircraft, then ships:

full

That is one I'd wanted for awhile, but never figured I'd ever get because I had too many others I wanted more badly for my limited funds to stretch to this. It's been started.

Next is this one still sealed:

full

This one I hope to make an air ambulance:

full

Now a few Airfix kits, starting with this one:

full

full

full

And now for the ships:

This one, as you can see, came with no instructions. No worries, I can download them from Scalemates:

full

I wrote that on the box top so I wasn't frantically trying to find them once I decide to build this.

Now for all these Tamiya ships:

full

full

full

full

And finally  another one I'd wanted for a long time:

full

And that one is started as well. All those details and more can be seen on my next tour of my plant. 

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Nice stuff Mark.

Even though I swore I would never build another Roden kit again I picked up the Desert version of the armored car at Hobby Island in Vegas when I was there for their Grand Opening.  Just had to show my support.

The Battle needs a nose job to look more like the real thing.  There are/were 1 or 2 conversion sets on the market.

The Mossie is still a great kit and the only Mk XVIII in kit form (the one with the 6 ldr gun).

The He-111 is not a great kit but I think it is still the only one on the market with the dorsal turret to make a H-20 or H-22.

The ships are all nice kits.

• Like 1

Mark, those are some outstanding kits that you were gifted! I love all of those cruisers! And of course, all the Airfix aircraft are old school building fun…. and the armor kits, from early to fairly modern, so a nice spread with those. Those should all take you what?  about a month or so to complete? 😉

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ve gotten in a few aircraft kits over the past couple of weeks. A couple off of eBay, and one from consignment at Andy’s Hobby HQ shop

First up, an old ESCI Mirage 5 that was the consignment find. 

72818733-7983-449-A-B03-D-4-A967211-F016

then off of eBay, these two, where each one had the seller offer them up at discounted prices

270-DF7-E7-9-CC3-45-AC-A526-25-DA5-D4203

8-EDA0-EE2-4-B50-4332-A968-6294-CC6-F048

now for me to get an aircraft project finished up this year… 

• Like 1

I’m working on it Mark 😉

So… two more acquisitions for my flight line from IPMS meeting the other night

First up a large scale Yellow Wings beauty….

1-B6-EDCC5-AF53-48-D7-8-C0-A-1822-A66893

and then my first SMER kit, a beautiful little float plane racer…. now the kit itself is quite basic, looking about the same as old Hawk kits from childhood

4-BF2-EB32-9-CB7-4364-9577-A1-CFB2-C63-D