The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

My last acquisition for this year. (Yes honey, I won’t buy another kit this year) The final piece of equipment that I needed to complete my 5th ID Ft Polk collection. At least among the major pieces of ground equipment that we used during my time there.

B91-FD505-212-B-4201-81-CC-499-A452-E88-

Until next year 😉

Nice score! I wish that would be released in my scale. I'm looking forward to seeing this one started.

Once it's done, you should post a group pic of all your completed 5th ID Ft Polk collection.

On 12/28/2021 at 2:12 PM, Mark Deliduka said:

Nice score! I wish that would be released in my scale. I'm looking forward to seeing this one started.

Once it's done, you should post a group pic of all your completed 5th ID Ft Polk collection.

Mark, at my completion rate, that will be years before I complete the builds. And theoretically I could still use a few more support type vehicles that have been released, but have not yet purchased. But idea and challenge accepted, although technically the M110 and M271 should not be part of the same photo, as one type replaced the other in DIVARTY while I was there.

Thanks Mark. I'll get around to completing that collection of completed builds one day. 

So… I kept true to not purchasing anymore new kits until after New Years… well, I ordered this one before New Years due to a limited time 20% off deal… but then I did not pay until Jan 2nd, so that counts. This arrived in the mail on Friday. Anyways this is Italeri’s old 90’s vintage 1/35 Porsche Tiger kit, Dr. Porsche’s competition against the Henschel design. 

2-AF894-B5-BC81-49-B5-9-FFC-EEF6842-CA7-

When I get around to building this one, I will modify it into the sole example that saw combat as a command tank on the eastern front in 1944.

Nice one Carlos! Now here are some of my Christmas presents...

Here are two of my Christmas presents that I got from others. 

This first one is from a Secret Santa on another Forums; one of three Stryker variants I'm looking for:

full

It comes with quite a few goodies inside:

full

Along with these decals, it comes with stickers to put on the vision blocks on this thing. Looks like they even included extras:

full

This next one is one I got from a friend in Florida:

full

This will be the first ever Sword model I ever build.

Stay tuned as I will be posting the other models I bought with Christmas money when they come in...

Well got a couple nice little items from EBay and a very nice ICM kit on Christmas from my wife. 

The ModelKasten M42 tracks for My T34/85, The Dragon Models Jagdpanther was a nice snag when Seller made a nice offer Same with the R35 and some French Infantry plus other odds and ends. 

Christmas Gift.jpg

Ebay 2.jpg

Ebay Purchase 1.jpg

Modelkasten M42 Tracks for T34.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now here is my Christmas presents I ordered for myself. 

This is round one:

Two Dragon Bushmasters: one Australian and one British:

full

full

One M-1124 MRAP:

full

One IBG Crusader anti-aircraft tank:

full

One Zvezda Russian 2S35 Koalitsiya:

full

And finally my Trumpeter HEMMTT  Load Handling System:

full

That's round one in from Freetime Hobbies. Next is my Hobbylink Japan order of four more models that are crossing the Pacific ocean now. I have a couple more I plan on ordering from what's left, if I can..

Stay tuned.

• Like 1

Well I’ve been adding more to the stash since my last update… 

Since Hobby Lobby was doing their 40% off a few weeks ago, and I had a bit of cash on me, and I’ve been wanting one for awhile now…

spacer.png

then I had a $25 gift certificate that I’d won at IPMS for Andy’s Hobby HQ, so another one falls off the wish list and into my stash…

spacer.png

and then the seller of this little piece on eBay sent me a reduced price special offer… how could I say no?

spacer.png

that’s all for now…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This came in the mail yesterday…

45-DCE49-E-EB47-476-F-90-CF-4413-B514-CB

Have something of a kitbash Frankenstein project in mind for it…

Got the Artesania Latina Titanic Lifeboat wood kit as a present recently. Will be a bit of a change (and challenge) from plastic and resin kits to build a plank on frame wood boat model.

Unusual and interesting subject, particularly as it happens to be in 1/35th scale, so possibilities of finding a period haulage vehicle in same scale to put it on or simply build it as a stand alone subject.

• 3 weeks later...

My armor stash has grown over the past bit…

first up I got a gift package from a friend on another site

233666-AA-EE56-4007-80-CE-C1-A190494152.

A388801-E-7213-4947-B88-F-10-D476-B68-AA

AC9-F73-C9-A25-A-4712-872-D-36781-BBE668

Thank you so much John. I’m probably gonna donate a few for IPMS auction, as I already have them, but I’ve already ordered a set of figures for the jeep.

then I picked up these Verlinden Israeli items

76-D0-C28-C-372-D-4368-8091-D8-C45-B1103

and lastly I picked up these 

DF1-F70-C0-56-C0-463-C-BD2-D-C63-AFC923-

08-D411-A7-10-B3-4310-8102-459-A593-CECE

Edited by Stikpusher
  • Like 1

Sensational scores! You gotta love the old ESCI boxes! I love the artillery; I just wish that M115 was available in my scale too.

Looking forward to seeing these started!

Thanks Mark. I’m looking forward to building the M115 myself. The last one of those that I built was the old Aurora 1/48 kit with the M8 tractor about 50 years ago… I think that this one might turn out better… 🤔

Edited by Stikpusher

Well, another eBay score has arrived. 

ECD0-D994-73-BD-4-E89-9-A73-476-F5280-FB

I had been wanting this kit for awhile. 

• Like 1

Mark I'm looking forward to building this one. The Tigercat is such a hot rod of an aircraft.

Here I am very late in posting, but these are the last of the Christmas presents I bought with my Christmas money. They came in around the second week or so of February. The Stained Glass Windows here however:

full

They came in the first week of March..... just in time for my birthday! LOL! Those will be going into my Church that I'm building.

These are the models I ordered and finally got....

Aoshima JGSDF Material Carrier. This has two kits inside:

full

Fujimi JGSDF Mortar towing truck with a 120mm mortar included:

full

Pit Road/Skywave 1/700 scale JMSDF LST 4151:

full

...and finally this UM kit of the Swedish M-43 assault gun:

full

I also purchased a set of laser cut wood pews for the church as well but apparently forgot to take a pic of it. Oh well. 

That's all for now. The next thing I need to do is source some metal barrels for the Crusader AA tank; the kit ones are so deformed just from removing them from the sprues...

• Like 2

Nice scores Mark! Quite a wide variety of subjects! 👍🏼

Had a few more additions to my stash over the past week or so. For the jeep that was gifted to me I picked up this nice crew figure set

4-DFEC2-CD-29-EE-4994-A39-B-72432-E2-CA5

and for my one of my 80’s Cold War US tanks…

0-A2-C6515-FFBE-4-B31-BC83-4-DA56006-C91

• Like 2

Nice gets Mark. Since I really like the odd ball vehicles, I would really like to see what you do with the Material Carrier!

Some really nice looking kits in this thread. 

Carlos I see a potential Battle of the Bulge diorama with the WWII US Army figurines. How is the detail of the figures? I've seen a lot of MiniArt on Ebay and online hobby stores but never got any. I feel an investment coming on.

That Tigercat should be fun little build 

Beautiful kits Mark I too like those old box covers they bring me back to the days when I was a kid. 

Tony, I’ve built several Miniart figure sets and I’m quite happy with them. The detail on them is pretty good, although they do tend to need some mold seam line clean up more often than not. They are better than my figure painting skills are in most cases. 🤨 What I really like about most of their sets are the poses- very relaxed and natural on their vehicle crews.

And yes, I kinda have a Bulge/Bastogne scene in mind with some of these figures, my new jeep kit, and some Dragon figures.