The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Mark, you got some good stuff there! I’d be with you on the paints, but all the other goodies are great scores.

Made a run down to Andy’s Hobby HQ today and found this kit for a good price, so I could not say no…

4690-EAD2-4-D35-4-CBA-94-B4-D3-CFFF06-B8

then I got these supplies…and for anyone in the area, Andy’s is now carrying Gunze’s Mr Color and Mr Hobby paint lines…. Between those and AK Real Color like I have here, my acrylic needs are now covered! And a nice restock on Value Gear too!

1-A84-A468-5-CF3-4194-927-D-C51-DA0-C6-E

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well the postman brought this today! I saw it on eBay weeks ago and had been watching it. Around the time of my birthday the seller sent me one of those discounted offers with free shipping, so I took the deal. Happy Birthday to me! Lol! 

659-DC111-59-AD-4-E73-B5-A1-8-C6-FC3441-

I built this kit when it was a new release, so I’ll have another go at it now, and theoretically do a better job now that I have a lot more skills, experience, and tools. I love this old experimental camo, and besides, this kit really has one of the best load outs of any 1/48 A-10 kits, Rockeyes & Mavericks.

• Like 1

Thanks Mark. I’m looking forward to the old school simplicity of the old Speckled Warthog. Being an old boxing, the molds will still be fairly well fitting… for a 70’s Revell kit… 🤨

And in the meantime…

Happy (belated) Birthday to me Pt.II: My other eBay bargain score arrived this afternoon! Woohoo! All the way from Lithuania in less than two weeks. I’ve been wanting one of these for awhile for my 1/48 Red Air Force

1-FC3118-B-1-E01-41-C8-B3-D1-A85-E735603

I opened the box and had a peek inside… oh what a lovely looking kit! Even the decals don’t look like the old ICM stuff. They sure have stepped up their game. Now to get a PE rigging set for this little beauty…

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 10:06 AM, Mark Deliduka said:

Excellent! That one is going to be fun! I built a 1/72 scale version of that plane. It's tiny!

It’s small in 1/48… I can only imagine in 1/72! And, it’s gonna be a fun project!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recently we had our Distressed Kit Auction at my IPMS meeting to commemorate our first face-to-face meeting in 17 months. We called it "Christmas in July". With a small amount of money I earned on a small job recently, I supported the club with these purchases...

No, these are not chocolates:

full

But actually this tin contained the old Airfix HMS Iron Duke already started:

full

I got this mostly for the tin since I have an Iron Duke finished, but I will still finish the battleship as a sister to the old Duke.

Next I got some more Model Master paints; although this was the smaller container of them:

full

Next was this desk lamp that was donated:

full

After I tried to use it; I realized why it was donated: It barley stays up to shine the light where I need it! Anyway, moving on...

Next I got this for free since everyone in the club knew that nobody would bid on it anyway:

full

Finally I got a plane I've wanted and gotten outbid on in two other auctions; now I have one:

full

Later, I saw a few things sitting on a side table with a sign that said "Free" so I picked this up:

full

I guess someone moved on to something else and decided to leave it for someone else to continue using.

I also picked up two brand new Paasche airbrushes and a compressor set together which I did not get a pic of.  Those will be donated to our Hobby Day Hall for people to use at Hobby Days. 

Finally, I was helping my church with a fund-raising summer sale and boutique and I saw this book that I was gifted for all my help:

full

I've already looked through it and it is really fantastic. 

That's all I have for now. Time to get back to the bench....

• Like 1

That’s quite a diverse haul Mark! For the desk lamp, perhaps a layer of duct tape wrapped around the flex arm section will restore some rigidity and function there. Nice to hear that the guys saved the Long Tom for you! They really are a good group!

Hello friend! (says I to) Our mailman brought my two latest purchases over the past couple of days.
First up, an Eduard La-7 to replace my old one that did not make the move from CA to AZ.

E9-E87-D0-E-8-AE6-465-B-9927-A29-B5-DFB1

second up, a set of decals  for the Hobbyboss M706 in my stash. I love the Snoopy “nose art”.

6-A1-D3975-82-CE-45-C1-B85-D-11150964-BE

That’s all for now…

Beautiful score Carlos! Glad you got what you needed.

yeah, others have mentioned the same idea of duct tape on the flex section of the lamp. I'll be doing that soon.

On 5/24/2021 at 4:36 PM, Stikpusher said:

Thanks Mark! I love these Z-M bases! Don’t know what I’m gonna use for my 1/32 F-4G whenever I get that beast finished though... 

Which F-4G? The navy had one, too, even if it was short lived!

2 hours ago, jcorley said:

Which F-4G? The navy had one, too, even if it was short lived!

The Revell 1/32 USAF F-4G. I don’t think that anyone makes a kit of a 1/32 USN F-4G, or the F-4B that it evolved from. The only sea going 1/32 Phantom kits that I’ve come across are F-4Js.

18 hours ago, jcorley said:

I have considered adding the ASW-21 antenna to my new Tamiya F-4B and see who knows what it is.

Yes, that one is 1/48. I would not mind doing one of the experimental green camo USN F-4Gs. Nice to know that there is a conversion part out there.

18 hours ago, jcorley said:

Oh, and there was a conversion set or two for the Tamiya J, one by Meteor and another by Paragon(?)

That would be a more extensive conversion I imagine- thin wing, slotted stabs, burner cans, under nose IR sensor… not to mention the rear cockpit. I wonder if Tamiya will come out with a 1/32 B just to keep pace with their 1/48 kit… At least the burner cans, nose,  and stabs would match their C/D kit

4 hours ago, Stikpusher said:

I wonder if Tamiya will come out with a 1/32 B just to keep pace with their 1/48 kit… At least the burner cans, nose,  and stabs would match their C/D kit

I was always amazed they didn't do a B when the tooling was new.

They did come here (Pensacola) to scan several of our museum planes, so they have the capacity.

If Tamiya ever did do a 1/32 B, that would provide all the basic airframes in that scale. Anything else could be done by conversions.

So the past 48 hours has been good to my stash…

Yesterday this eBay purchase arrived in the mail

8-AC0823-C-9011-4-BEC-AA97-76283-CE1-CD3

It’s slightly started, but very nicely so I must say. 

Then at Phoenix IPMS, it was swap meet time. My first score was awesome…
This baby usually sell for way over $100, the seller was asking substantially less…
96-C45-F1-B-FDD2-4-BD1-AE9-B-E9-D3-A09-C

Then I open it up later on and what do I find inside? This lovely batch of decals! With markings in 1/72 and 1/48 for multiple types: F-105, F-4, A-4, A-6, and A-7! Seeing as how I don’t build in 1/72, I’ll be getting rid of those markings…

362-C295-A-7239-401-C-8-F03-4-E37-D3-AD6

Then I found this dinosaur… seeing as how Kitty Hawk just went flat line, this is probably the only way that I’ll be able to get myself a 1/48 RF-101A/C. Modeling skills required. I haven’t done a vacuform in about 40 years…

3-B3-AA286-4-AF4-40-AD-91-CE-900825-CE49

Then I also picked up a partial Hasegawa 1/48 US Bombs set. I always need more Rockeyes and Napalm, which it did have. Along with the Mk. 83’s and Mk.84’s…. too bad the Snakeyes were gone… not worth taking a photo though…

That’s all for now…

Sweet scores Carlos! I love the SA-4; I only wish someone would release that in my scale.

I'll be happy to take the 1/72 scale decals off your hands if they haven't already been claimed.

Mark, I’ve had one offer already, but it’s overseas. I’ll think about your wish as well. And the way that new kits are coming out lately in 1/72, I’m sure you’ll have a 1/72 SA-4 kit available in the not too distant future.

And for the latest addition, I’ve had a little run on eBay lately. Picked up this decal set, which came in the mail yesterday.

20-BD13-AC-6-C86-4-B5-E-845-E-3-C76-A5-D

The eBay shopping binge continues…

First I found this ice little item which comes with two of these tractor tugs. 

1312-D445-38-D5-401-E-988-B-AE2-A2754501

Then I got this Blackhawk kit to fill out my 1/48 collection of family

564-F3946-B028-44-F2-B33-E-8-A6-B4563-F0

• 2 weeks later...

No worries about the decals Carlos, if the other guy is willing to pay for them, by all means, he deserves them. I don't even know when I'd be able to use them with all I have planned to build in the near future.

I've been taking the past couple days to catalog and photograph my haul from the Nationals in Las Vegas. Now I'm done. Here they are...

Let's start with my raffle prizes...

Metallic paints:

full

Some tools donated by Rhino's Hobby Tools:

full

USS Olympia:

full

Focke Wulf Fw-200 Transport. Different from the bomber version:

full

Revell SS United States. I've wanted this for decades:

full

Tamiya Vosper Torpedo Boat:

full

Lastly, some of these were raffle prizes, (three) the rest were purchases:

full

I also won five other raffle prizes, but one prize I let a little girl pick for herself and four others (including three mega prizes) I let my friend Steve Witherspoon pick for himself. One of the mega prizes he got was a 1/350 scale Fletcher Class destroyer that he'd been trying to find for the past five or six years. I'm glad he got it!

Now these are my purchases.

Scale Colors washes and thinner from my friend Jeff Herne who sells these and acrylic paints:

full

Tamiya glue, Tamiya putty, Testor's Model Master paints, and Testor's spray on decal film. I had the rock in the background already:

full

I purchased a "Mediocre Modeler" T-Shirt from Andy's Hobby Headquarters and got this cutting mat for free:

full

I got these HQ-72 bases and accessories from Steve Munsen at his Value Gear booth, along with about ten of the packages of Value Gear stowage seen above:

width="800px" height="1424px"https://modelersalliance.org/galleries/accessories-hq72-2021-nats-jpg.126750/full[/IMG]

Since I have at least eight 1/72 scale UH-1 helicopters missing tail rotors, I bought these replacements:

full

If they'd had more, I would have gotten them since I have at least four more to replace tail rotors on...

I purchased both of these because I was to graft the Russian carrier's parts to the Graf Zeppelin to create a "what-if" Russian carrier:

full

These are some brand new 3-D printed resin WWI-era vehicles done by a new guy named Jose Vargas. He does them in 1/72 scale (which I have here) as well as in 1/48 scale and 1/35th scale:

full

Bought this because the original Duck I started is missing so many pieces. This one might also be missing pieces too since I found some that fell out of the end-opening box:

full

I just hope this one has all the missing pieces from the original kit I started!

Got this from Rare Plane Detective:

full

It's a heavy chunk of plaster!

I have the early, so now I have the Late:

full

Just had top have another Trimotor:

full

I love the "Southern Cross" on this!

Found this at one of the booths. Been trying to buy this for a couple years! Finally I have one:

full

Now I can cancel the one that's been "sitting" in my Hobbylink Japan Private Warehouse for two years! 

Never had a Marine AV-8B in my collection. Now I can rectify that:

full

Saw this and realized that I didn't have a Soviet one in my collection:

full

Back in the distant past I had built the USS Forrestal and the USS Saratoga in the 1950's fit when Revell first released them. I'd always wanted to complete the class by getting the USS Independence and the USS Ranger. Now I can:

USS Independence:

full

USS Ranger:

full

Oh to enjoy the childhood memories again! 

These latest armor will also be added to the collection eventually:

UM Su-100. I'll be adding this to my Egyptian Army:

full

I know I just built these, but I want to make this Chieftain an Iranian one:

full

These two were at the top of my list to get as well:

full

full

Next was this Italian battleship Vittorio Veneto. I already have the Roma, so I had to get this. The Italians really built them pretty:

full

Finally, another purchase from Rare Plane Detective. I already have the Tu-142 Bear, but I've always wanted the Tu-95 Bear. Now I have one:

full

To be honest, I also picked up a hardcover book about C-130 Hercules and a couple airbrushes, but they seem to have been lost in transit or something. I think I had left them in the model room when it was closed so I hope someone is holding them for me. One of the airbrushes was for a friend. Oh well. 

Anyway, that is my Haul from Las Vegas. Thanks all for looking in.

Good stuff Mark and was great seeing you again.

I won 7 raffles and took a bag o kits so ended up with 13 models.

I only purchased 5 kits but bought a bunch of books from Guideline and Casemate and a set of decals from Werner.

I might put pics up later if I take any.  We shall see.

Cool! It was a thrill to spend time with you as well Phil! Thank you also for posting the pics of my collection for me. I finally did get to check it out and see the comments that were left. I was really hoping Mike Moore could've made it; I really wanted him to see how it had grown since Chattanooga. Congrats on your pretty sizable haul as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok then Mark. I’ll negotiate a price for those decals. And man, did you bring home a serious amount of stuff there from the Nats! Good for you my friend!

As for me and not being able to make it to Nats, I’ve had to settle for online shopping… Over the past week or so several 1/35 armor decal sets that I’ve ordered came in…

For OIF1 M1A1s… I’ll be using the NATO camo 2/70 Armor markings

E29628-D4-458-D-497-F-9-F28-FA36-DC51-D2

for 5th ID 4/12 Cav M113 & M551 in Vietnam

60011-B20-BC91-427-C-BB46-11304-D746-E3-

and lastly, for USMC M26 & M26A1 Pershing’s in Korea

E42-E7-A6-C-785-E-46-F6-BDFE-690-E5-F3-A

Sweet decals Carlos! Personally I'd love to get a set of the Marine Corps M-26 Pershing decals in my scale. I've been needing to do an M-26, M-46 and M-48 for my Marine Corps.

As for the price of the decals, I don't know what they are normally going for, but give me your best price.

Hey Mark, since you had said earlier here that you don’t have any builds for the decals I’ve agreed to sell them to the guy on another site. And yes, you do need some USMC Pershing’s & Pattons. 

So, over the past week or so, the mailman has brought me goodies for my 1/48 wingy thingies…

first up, some decals for that FJ-2 Fury I picked up last month. I like the VMF-235 markings

7-A3206-F6-315-F-459-C-80-EA-F4772-E6483

then I picked up a good deal on this Eduard PE set for the Revell Foxbat in my stash… there are actually four frets of PE in the package, and they fix many of the kits external shortfalls

28-BD5-C24-8-A1-E-4-B33-BDC9-5-F8-EEB60-

Then I made a couple of Mig kit scores…

This one will need some help, but I’ve seen it built up nicely online, so it can be  done

8-D082-CA6-52-C1-40-A6-A425-41-F1-E04-A7

and then this one…

8-EA785-AB-B590-4-A11-8-D5-B-2-A22-B8-F9

Now I just need my building muse to return…