The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Thanks Carlos! That is the second Isuzu truck I've gotten. I'm not sure how I'll make it different from the previous one, but I'm sure the difference will be obvious. The previous one was built some forty-odd years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

The postman brought this today. Got it off eBay for cheap. I’m planning on using him with my current M47 build.

4-E02-C986-2-CDE-467-A-B7-BA-C46-AFF09-B

• Like 1

Okay, here is what i was able to pick up during my vacation to Florida.

Some of this is stuff I got from my sister but most is what I got for myself. Then I also got something from my nephew that I'd been waiting for since August...

Okay, here is what my sister got me:

full

full

The clamps are actually small models you assemble and then can use... I like it!

These are my scores that I got at John's Models in Pensacola. He is now the only hobby shop left in Northwest Florida since Bobe's Hobbies closed down. I was able to get these from John's:

full

full

full

full

full

This next set of items is a set of wheels for a British Matador truck in 1/72 scale. It is a 3-D print that was done by a guy on Missing Lynx and has offered the first seven ones for free to anyone who asked. I have a Matador that is missing a wheel so when he offered a set I requested it. This finally came in and he even threw in a set of British refueling cans:

full

Finally the thing I'd been waiting for. One of my nephews is a Reaper Drone pilot who spent a year or so flying combat missions from the Horn of Africa. On one mission, he had an American flag loaded onto his Reaper and flew it on a mission. I now have a flag that is certified as having flown during a mission. That was in August and I was able to pick it up on my trip in December:

full

That's all I got for this year at Christmas. I got quite a bit to keep me going for awhile anyway. The Q-Ship and AH-56 I got for a Group Build on another Forums that is themed "Kits released before 1972". Or Ancient Kits as I like to call it.

Stay tuned, there's more to see later. Right now I have to go open a new Maddog Manufacturing Thread for 2021....

• Like 1

YI have a few so far this year.  First off a trade to acquire 2 car kits that were lost in one of our moves when I was a teen.  The Revell rerelease of the Monogram Mongoose and Snake Funny Cars.

Next was a preorder that finally came in at CultTVman, the Dragon 72nd scale Saturn V.  As a bonus he threw in a 1/2500th USS Enterprise which will probably be my first build as it should take about 5 minutes.

And today I stopped in at MRS Hobbies and picked up a couple more 72nd scale kits.  The Bandai Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon and a Dragon Sd.Kfz 232.

Think that might be enough for January.

52A84C6F-7797-4519-8108-C320B0515E3B.jpeg

3AFEC122-FA1D-4A68-8AE0-7DA3172D17D3.jpeg

7BE327A3-6F89-4B6D-97A2-37EBE79C4E76.jpeg

8EE93138-537C-4DD1-ACE9-F3B34E4A8BBB.jpeg

7FF07CA5-0D38-4A0E-93D6-294BD0C4B481.jpeg

Edited by philp
  • Like 1

Beautiful scores Phil! I also have a 1/72 scale Millennium Falcon, but not the prefect grade. I also have the same Snake and Mongoose kit as well. Mine was signed by Tom McKewen too. You'e going to enjoy that Saturn V too. I sure did!

I'm looking forward to seeing these started.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well lots of talk of Hurricanes, Typhoons, Tempests, etc. on another site where I'm active got me wondering how I could make my second Monogram Hawker Typhoon different from my last build, aside from armament (bomb racks or rocket rails) or backdating the kit into a car door type, and I remembered that for half of their wartime service career, they had a three bladed propellor, while the kit comes with the later four bladed type. So a bit of searching on eBay later, and I came up with this old KMC conversion set, which also included exhausts. And then I think somebody tossed a set of wheels in there as well, because those are not shown to be included in the set, but came in mine. I’m not complaining.

1-E1-FA443-F7-EA-456-C-88-A3-16149-AFABE

Thanks Mark. Between this set, and the Eduard PE set that I have for the kit, it will be a nice Tiffie when I do build it.

I picked up this nice pair of tankers from Verlinden. What I really like about them is that they are not wearing leggings so they can work fine to be paired with Korean War or early Cold War tanks. Not sure what I’ll do with them yet.

576-A5-B96-C4-B9-4-D61-A0-D3-6-A8807-D9-

• Like 2

Well the postman brought this a few hours ago. Thank you to the gentleman from another site who found this at a local shop for a great price and offered to pick it up and send it to me! I love the “painting guide for lozenge pattern camouflage” labeling... on such a large subject that’s gonna drive me crazy! But then again, I used to parachute out of perfectly good airplanes in the middle of the night, so I have screw loose upstairs somewhere...

C4-E1-C4-E9-C01-E-412-C-B8-F8-968-A567-A

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Finally picked up a few kits for the to do list. First is from the movie Prometheus. I guess many people either love it or hate it.  I think the ship was pretty cool!

IMG_1481.jpg.6944abefc2685c036b2cc3a6cfb4c0fb.jpg

Then in my unending quest for the strange an unusual, SAMI helped me out 2X more with news of these kits. So I quickly hit eBay and grabbed them up. 🙂

63546176825__D2BD424E-0921-4AAC-AF02-410ED9BAB756.jpg.a069c38eeb6dcd1d61ad0b87743487f0.jpgIMG_1480.jpg.d763078e244db2ed1e639fc36893f846.jpg

• Like 2

Wow Kevin! Nice scores! I saw on another Forums someone was scratchbuilding the Prometheus in 1/48 scale... with movable engines!

That second one is most interesting; I guess that's one way to eliminate the sight of engines for the passengers looking out.

That third one looks like a flying Edsel! I wonder if they every actually built that, much less flew it.

Love it Kevin, I am looking forward to seeing some of these in progress.

On 2/22/2021 at 2:34 PM, Mark Deliduka said:

Wow Kevin! Nice scores! I saw on another Forums someone was scratchbuilding the Prometheus in 1/48 scale... with movable engines!

That second one is most interesting; I guess that's one way to eliminate the sight of engines for the passengers looking out.

That third one looks like a flying Edsel! I wonder if they every actually built that, much less flew it.

Love it Kevin, I am looking forward to seeing some of these in progress.

Thanks, Duke!

Yep, I'm really looking fwd to the flying Edsel.  Story behind it it a scientist was working on anti-graity in the mid 1920s. The Soviets got their hand on the device and supposedly they were able to make the 16,000kg vehicle only 8kg. Stick a large engine on it and it's able to fly with those tiny wings... Nice story. LOL  Hope the build is as nice. 😉

Excellent information Kevin! Wow, that is something.

Here is three models I got this past couple weeks. All of them were free. 

First are these two kits I got from a friend at my IPMS club. He'd gotten them from a widow who'd contacted him to donate her husband's models, supplies and tools to our SoCal IPMS club. One was still in plastic: a collector kit of the ancient Hawk 1/72 scale Spirit of St. Louis commemorative kit from the 50th anniversary of Charles Lindbergh's flight:

full

This other one he gave me was a started 1/72 scale Airfix SH-2F Seasprite helicopter. The guy did a good job on this:

full

This third one I got in interesting circumstances. I had been hired to clear out an apartment where a woman had passed away. Apparently someone in her family loved Volkswagens, perhaps it was she herself. I was finding  a whole lot of Volkswagen memorabilia and such all over as we were cleaning up. Then I found this still sealed in the shrink wrap:

full

Of course I took that home and yes I will build it! 

That's all I got for now. Later I'll have pics of some birthday presents that I bought with Christmas money!

Happy Birthday to me! These are three items that came in for my birthday. 

This one was a bit unexpected; my sister Kat sent this to me out of the blue:

full

These two I bought for myself with Christmas money. I'd been wanting these for quite some time:

Military version:

full

Civilian version:

full

Yay!

Got a few figure busts after selling off a bunch

From Gillman Productions and Jeff Yagher (sculptor)- Peter Cushing as Van Helsing, Christopher Lee and the Mummy and from Bladerunner- Joanna Cassidy as Zhora and Sean Young as Rachel

DSC_0108.thumb.jpg.8cf611cbd189ee19b709cfc3cf60404e.jpgDSC_0105.thumb.jpg.5461ed9c287c2ca50027a68c9ad21add.jpg

Dave

DSC_0106.jpg

I love the contrast between the two Blade Runner busts. One is the epitome of female wholesome goodness and the other of sinful seduction. I look forward to seeing them painted and displayed on here Dave.

I ordered this base on Friday and it arrived in today’s mail

0773-C89-F-9803-4-D04-84-AC-1630357-E339

and out of the package...

055-F843-D-74-FD-4-C76-BD07-42-BFAD019-D

and a quick try on with my A-7 from last year. Just the thing for photo shoots!

C6820819-8-DAE-4-E7-F-B8-E5-78-A9-A9645-

Thanks Mark. I remember some of the guys at IPMS OC having similar types of bases that they would bring in for their monthly contest entrants.

I had found this decal set up for sale on Scalemates awhile back. It finally arrived in yesterday’s mail. I’m planning to use the VF-162 option. It will look great next to my VF-162 Crusader one day.

16272310-7-A71-4168-8-D8-B-84240-A642-F9

13637180-8-A25-4-A6-E-BB6-C-4-D601-A8597

7 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing that!

Someday down the line Mark... I have plenty of projects on deck or in mind for this year.

Somebody stop me! The other day I got one of those seller offers on eBay that I couldn’t say no to... and in today’s mail...

05-C06-FDA-BC33-48-DE-9324-EF77022-F69-E

• Like 1

LOL! Nice one! At least it's only one. I got a bunch of new models that were my last Birthday order finally in... and a surprise gift too, all at Hobby Day weekend.

Pics forthcoming.

Okay, here is my latest scores, starting with this Master Box British Mk I tank from WWI modified for the Gaza strip. I got this in a trade:

full

Looks like I cut off the very top of that box...

These are the last Birthday presents I ordered with Christmas and birthday money. 

First is a vehicle I never thought I'd ever see in my scale! This is a French APC, the ACE AMX VCI derived from the AMX-13 chassis:

full

I gotta get me a second one of these; I need one for my Italian Army. Speaking of my Italian Army, This next vehicle is for them. The ACE Centauro B1T a later variant than the one I built earlier:

full

This next one is my ACE British Centurion Mk.5. I show it like this because they sent it with the wrong box:

full

These next three are for my Israeli Army. First is this ACE IDF Centurion Shot Kal Alef:

full

Next is this ACE IDF Centurion Shot Meteor:

full

This third one is the ACE IDF Nagmashot  APC:

full

Finally, this last one is one I've been wanting for awhile. This is the Armory M-41 Walker Bulldog:

full

This one is one that a friend of mine gave me for my birthday. This is the Modelcollect CLUB-M Coastal Defense Missile System. Now I have enough large trucks to do another Big Truck Build:

full

Okay, now I have enough to keep me busy for oh.... the next month and a half! LOL! 

• Like 1