The Haul, or what you've recently bought.

Guest PetrolGator

Picked up a few things over the past few weeks.

Even tho I continually complain about Unicraft, I'm an addict for their odd ball Luft '46 places. Here's the latest -

IMG_3518.jpg.6364d6498fadc11b0189053964574218.jpg

Then Fantastic Plastic came out with their latest (#6) in their "Classic Rocketship" series. Was to be a 1920's suborbital passenger craft taking people from Berlin to NYC in 1 hour.

IMG_3520.jpg.dfc7eebff463ad43c8c125fff7f64c21.jpg

Then whats a Star Wars collection without Yoda -

IMG_3519.jpg.6f40691454a8fce4e6e28085714357a4.jpg

Moving to the garage kit side, I got the latest from John Dennett. It's the star of The Reptile -

IMG_3521.jpg.3ad61b2b15d0f4a852a0f53e0a35ec4f.jpg

And finally, I picked up Fr. Karras from The Exorcist. He is part 2 of the trilogy. Regan was the 1st one, but all these years later wifey is still creeped out - so Regan was out... 😉    Karras is a little more benign looking.

IMG_3522.jpg.d5e4d69ff50fe84e40b28f31dc6043f4.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Roktman
  • Like 1

Great scores Kevin! Those are gonna rock when you get to them.

I only got a couple things lately. One I already finished. It is related to model building and is very historical:

Books-Spearhead.jpg

I saw that at Costco and had to buy it since I've already read this author's book "A Higher Call".

This other item is a laser-cut kit of a sentry box from Monroe Perdue in 1/72 scale. I got this as a participation prize in a Group Build on Missing Lynx Braille Scale Forums:

Monroe_Perdue_Participation_Prize.jpg

That's all for now. Time to get back to the bench....

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my latest scores I got. I got these at my local So Cal AMPS meeting where they were having their semi-annual kit auction. This was the first one I'd been to and of course, I was flat broke! Still a friend offered to buy me what I wanted and I'd pay him back from the proceeds of my latest job that I just finished.

These are the items I wanted to buy that he got for me. First was a paint rack. Here it is all assembled:

Paint_Rack_III.jpg

I don't have much in the way of Vallejo paints, but I'll make this work.

The only model that really screamed at me was this one: Modelcollect's 1/72 scale BMP-3 that I'd had on my list for awhile. Finally I got one:

Modelcollect_BMP-3.jpg

Now here's where it gets interesting. These So Cal AMPS guys are the best around! Three other AMPS members also purchased a number of 1/72 scale kits that they then passed on to me as gifts! Here is the haul from all these generous people!

First is these two boxes. They both contain two complete helicopter kits inside each box:

Dragon_Helicopters.jpg

One of each will be made into alternate helicopters for the "In Another World" campaign on the Modeler's Alliance....

Next were these three kits, a Revell and two ancient ESCI kits:

ESCI-Revell_Armor.jpg

Finally there were all these Airfix and Matchbox kits:

Airfix-Matchbox_Armor.jpg

The M-19 will be made Israeli, and the Monty's Caravan truck will be converted to a cargo truck since I already have the whole Monty's Caravan set already built.... with a full interior! I have a few other ideas for all the rest as well.

Thanks again to all the generous AMPS guys in my club! What a magnificent group they are!

• Like 1

My regular First Order TIE fighter arrived. It looks as nice as the Special Forces one. I wonder if they make Rylo Ren's TIE from the second movie? I know Revell did the lights one, but Bandai's would be much better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I nice package came from Gillman Productions. In it was Caesar from the newest rendition of Planet of the Apes, The Sand Worm from Dune, and a GK producer is starting (a hopefully long) run of celebs from Hollywood's heyday. The first one is Gary cooper as seen in Beau Geste. It comes with the mini movie poster.

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

Then my collection of Medusas grew by 2, with Atlantis Miniatures, and Zabavka Models entries. 

IMG_3638.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

A couple days ago, I went to a Brewer Brothers sale to sell some of my models that I know I won't build or aren't in my preferred scale. While there, I received three gifts from my friend who was selling on the tables next to me.

This first one is a FROG kit of the Swordfish in 1/72 scale. He gave this to me since I had never built a Swordfish yet:

Frog_Swordfish_.jpg

It was also because it had no top so most likely wouldn't sell anyway.

Another model he gave me that intrigued me was this Eastern European model from a company I have no clue about. The box was also beat up quite a bit so he gave this to me. I'm happy because it is a Soviet troop carrying glider:

AT_Russian_Troop_Glider.jpg

Finally, I also got this book from him since he knew I love naval ships:

Book_Janes_NATO_Warship_Handbook.jpg

That's all for now.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a few acquisitions that I got from the recent San Diego Model Contest.

First a couple purchases...

This was something I got from a guy selling all these rare things. I got them for $2.50 each; does anyone remember the Snap-a-roos:

Aurora_Snap-a-roos.jpg

I already started building one. Some of them are close enough to 1/72 scale that I could use them.

I got this from the Rare Plane Detective:

Amodel_HUP1-HUP2.jpg

That was five bucks. In addition, he gave me these two which he was going to toss out if they weren't claimed. So, I claimed them:

Resin_Kit_Bird_Dog.jpg

It's hard to see what that is but it's a resin kit of what I think is an 0-1 Bird Dog. Not real sure though.

The other one was the Widgeon that I already started:

USAirfix_Widgeon.jpg

This next item I got much later; it had just come in a couple days ago. This is the cross I got to replace the anemic thing given in the Italeri Church Kit:

Church_Cross_.jpg

Now my church looks very Irish. I like it!

These following kits are all raffle prizes I got from San Diego:

Bandai_Mobile_Suit_Gundam.jpg

Testor_s_Quick_Build_2004_Saleen_S-7_I.j

That one above comes with a pre-painted body that I think is die cast:

Testor_s_Quick_Build_2004_Saleen_S-7_II.

Another Testor's Quick Build:

Testor_s_Quick_Build_F-117_Nighthawk.jpg

Finally, I somehow managed to win the last Grand Prize: Trumpeter's 1/16 scale T-34/85 model! Here it is:

Trumpeter_1-16_Scale_T-34-85_Model_1944_

Of course, everyone had to mention to me that it isn't in my scale, So, I replied that maybe I would build it anyway and hinge the hull so I could use it as a carrying case for all my small scale models that I bring to a show. LOL!

That's all I have for now. Enjoy!

I recently scored a kit with an MSRP of $169.99 for under $15 delivered. Guys from my model club in Louisville posted about some deep discounts on Dragon kits at Dragon USA. While the kit they were discussing was a 1/6th scale Panzer II normally $350 for $16 and discounted to $10 after using their Father's Day code, I searched other mistakenly discounted kits.

I found the Dragon Iron Man Age of Ultron Mark XLIII kit listed for $10 and change; $7.18 after the 35% off discount code. With shipping, a whopping $14.82 delivered. Others tried to order the giant tank and one guy tried to order Iron Man, but their orders were cancelled.

By the time they posted their orders were cancelled, I got a shipping notice. It arrived a two days later. By the time it arrived, the price had risen to $101.99.

http://www.dragonusaonline.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=DRA38155

64293276_10214951267520024_389665366964664394989_10214951268200041_140226232198764271567_10214951268480048_5626949775338

Edited by RGronovius
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 6:38 PM, RGronovius said:

I recently scored a kit with an MSRP of $169.99 for under $15 delivered. Guys from my model club in Louisville posted about some deep discounts on Dragon kits at Dragon USA. While the kit they were discussing was a 1/6th scale Panzer II normally $350 for $16 and discounted to $10 after using their Father's Day code, I searched other mistakenly discounted kits.

I found the Dragon Iron Man Age of Ultron Mark XLIII kit listed for $10 and change; $7.18 after the 35% off discount code. With shipping, a whopping $14.82 delivered. Others tried to order the giant tank and one guy tried to order Iron Man, but their orders were cancelled.

By the time they posted their orders were cancelled, I got a shipping notice. It arrived a two days later. By the time it arrived, the price had risen to $101.99.

http://www.dragonusaonline.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=DRA38155

64293276_10214951267520024_389665366964664394989_10214951268200041_140226232198764271567_10214951268480048_5626949775338

WOW! I think you win gold for score of the day! Very cool!

Got a delivery from Switzerland today, and that means it's the Aradia Mini's Kickstarter Mk2.   They have been doing a series of models around Divine Comedy/Dante's Inferno.  I've shown and built some of the previous ones, but there's the next batch..

In this box was The Celestial Messenger, Styx,  Forest of Suicides, and for one stretch goal unlocked were 2 stickers of box art. The 4th model was also a stretch Goal, and it is "Minos, the Infernal Judge (opened in front).

IMG_3803.jpg.65bf598c0af1ec45b3f3d5c57c410a2f.jpg

Then opening up the Celestial Messenger reveals another awesomely sculpted kit of an angel dispatching a demon with lightning (I guess). 😉   Can't wait to start building.

IMG_3802.jpg.d9231d8bd959053b9abd05331c8057c3.jpg

Edited by Roktman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got back from Jersey Fest at the Newark Int'l Airport's Marriott, and honestly I was a minimal attendee this year. No workshop classes on the Friday and I didn't attend any demo's (what they call seminars).   I didn't even enter an models this year.  Talking to some friends who are vendors, they were calling this year "quiet."  I did notice that there was a lot more elbow room in the Vendor area this year.

But as usual I didn't come home empty handed. The Howling Guy and Princess Leia were brand new kits, and a 3rd kit - Lucy from Coppola's Dracula wasn't ready in time. I'll be keeping an eye open for that release. Also in the pic the little Chewie and wrestler were part of Troy Mcdevitt Studio's Patreon thing and weren't available to the public. Wanna learn how to sculpt?   Look up Troy on Patreon.  

The devil is a bust from John Dennett's MoonDevil Studio and is Satan when he got released from the prison cell in Twilight Zones The Howling Man episode.

Mini Danys is from the guys at Good Fellas Resin

The tank is Meng's World War Toons series of armor. I have an idea for it in an upcoming dio... 😉

So here's my stuff -

IMG_0107.jpg.bc049f22d74af87c8a53d4817bf9fb5d.jpg

Edited by Roktman

Those look fantastic Kevin. I'm especially eager to see the Princess Leia.

Here's what I just got in from Hannants recently:

ACE_BTR-3RK.jpg

Zvezda_Terminator_FSV.jpg

The second one is the one I wanted but the amount was too small for international shipping so I got the ACE kit. That is still a good thing; it was on my list as well, just lower down.

The Terminator has already been started. Once I can upload pics again, I'll show my latest progress.

I clicked on Dragon USA's Labor Day sale and saw their M60A2 at a deep discount. After 38% discount, it was under $20 and just under $28 delivered. There have been a lot of gripes with the kit, but the price was right.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, after a successful Orangecon and a fun Mini Wars convention, I managed to pic up a few new kits.

First off at Mini Wars, I picked up these two helicopters:

Two_Huey_Hogs_.jpg

I plan on making one German and then making the other one a US army troop carrier. I might even try to add door guns to this if I can find the M-60 machine guns I have somewhere....

At Orangecon, someone left this behind and since I found it, they gave it to me:

Display_Base.jpg

Now to figure out what to display on it....

I also found this to purchase:

Trumpeter_US_T-26E4_Pershing.jpg

Finally, these are the two raffle prizes I picked up at Orangecon:

Glencoe_Models_Manned_Observation_Satell

This was one of seven Grand Prizes:

Squadron_Haunebu_II_German_Flying_Saucer

That's all I have for now. Time to head back to the manufacturing plant....

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm about a week or so late but I haven't had time to log in and post these earlier. These are my latest acquisitions from about a week or two ago.

First off are a bunch of paints, thinner and filler I got. There was a sale, and I did need a lot of green for my latest eight-wheeled Russian trucks:

Model_Supplies_III.jpg

Next are two models that I had on my list to get. First was Zvezda's T-15 Armata, the APC version of the T-14 Armata tank:

Zvezda_T-15_Armata.jpg

Once that is built; I'll have both Armatas in my Russian Army.

Next is a T-55 from Revell; this one with the cheek armor. I want to research this to see if these tanks were still in service in the East German Army during the reunification. If so, I want to make it with west German markings. Otherwise, it'll be Russian:

Revell_T-55_AM.jpg

Finally this last one was bought from a friend. No, it is not in my preferred scale, but I got it to build for my SoCal AMPS club's Patton Group Build. Everyone is building Pattons for the next west coast Nationals and since the M-48 is my favorite tank, I'm gonna join the group build with this model:

Dragon_M-48A3_Patton_1_35th.jpg

Oh, I also got a Gotha Go-242 transport from another friend who was selling it but I didn't shoot any pic of it. Maybe I'll post that one later.

Thanks for looking in, I've been pretty busy in the Hobby Room so feel free to check out my Maddog Manufacturing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Christmas done came for me!

Last night was our IPMS club's Distressed Kit Auction. Among some knick-knacks, books and vids that weren't worth photographing, I picked up the following kit:

Italeri AW-101 Merlin TTI:

Italeri_AW-101_Merlin_TTI.jpg

And yes, it did include the Me-262A1 inside.

Meanwhile, one friend brought a Christmas present from another AMPS member for me, as well as a present from him. The AMPS member gave me this:

Condor V-2 Rocket:

Condor_V-2_Rocket.jpg

My friend in IPMS meanwhile; gave me this:

Airfix Blackburn Buccaneer:

Airfix_Blackburn_Buccaneer_Navy.jpg

That is the new tool kit.

The day before all this, I had a knock on the door and opened it to find the postman dropping off this massive box:

Christmas_2019_I.jpg

This is what was inside of it, in no particular order:

S-Model M274 Mule:

S-Model_M-247_Mule.jpg

From Fujimi and Aoshima I'm nearly doubling my Japanese forces with these.

Fujimi JGSDF 1/2-ton truck:

Fujimi_Half-ton_Truck.jpg

Fujimi JASDF Light Armored Vehicle:

Fujimi_JASDF_Light_Armored_Vehicle.jpg

FujimiJGSDF Light Armored Vehicle:

Fujimi_JGSDF_Light_Armored_Vehicle.jpg

Fujimi Type 87 AA Gun System:

Fujimi_Type_87_AA_Gun_System.jpg

Aoshima AAVC7-A1 'Phib:

Aoshima_JGSDF_AAVC7A1_Amphibious_Assualt

Fujimi Type 99 155mm Self Propelled Howitzer:

Fujimi_Type_99_155mm_SPHowitzer.jpg

Aoshima Type 12 Anti-ship missile system:

Aoshima_JGSDF_Type_12_Anti_Ship_Missile_

Trumpeter BTR-70 Late:

Trumpeter_BTR-70_Late_Version.jpg

Modelcollect T-72B2 Rogatka:

Modelcollect_T-72B2_Rogatka.jpg

Modelcollect SCUD 😄

Modelcollect_9P117_SCUD_C.jpg

Modelcollect SCUD 😧

Modelcollect_9P117_SCUD_D.jpg

Trumpeter M-1117 Guardian:

Trumpeter_M-1117_Guardian.jpg

Tiger Models M1A2 Abrams SEP TUSK I:

Tiger_Model_M1A2_SEP_TUSK_I_Abrams.jpg

Revell M-109:

Revell_M-109_US_Army.jpg

Riich Model M-109 A6:

Riich_Models_M-109A6.jpg

And finally, the Takom M-1070, M-1000 Trailer and the D9R Dozer:

Takom_M1070-M1000-D9R70ton_Tank_Transpor

That will keep me busy for the next few weeks.....

Thanks all for looking in!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally the last of my Christmas presents came in. This is several sets of 1/72 scale resin tracks for a few different tanks. I got these to replace the tracks on several of my older models that lost them for whatever reason. I also got the AMX-30 tracks to replace the horrible ones on my French AMX-30 from Heller:

OKB_Grigorov_1-72_scale_tracks_I.jpg

That's it until my birthday....

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Birthday to me!

It was a grand day that went exceptionally well at the Pasadena Valleycon. These are what I picked up as birthday presents during Valleycon...

I'll start with the things I bought for myself.

I needed glue so I bought some with the Vallejo filler:

Model_Supplies_IV.jpg

After that I saw a friend selling his Iwata Neo double action airbrush. I had to have that:

Iwata_Neo_Airbrush.jpg

He had even made some improvements on the brush to simplify use and make it more efficient.

Now for the models. I found this and thought I'd be able to make it Syrian:

Dragon_Jagdpanzer_IV_Early-Syrian.jpg

I may be wrong about being able to use that. I'll have to look it up.

This also caught my eye since it had a base to it:

Entex_105mm_Gun_Diorama.jpg

I saw these and liked them very much. The price was right and there are two models in that kit:

Pyro_Dueling_Pistols.jpg

I have a friend in a convalescent hospital who asked me to pick something up for him, so I got him this model since he wanted a car or truck:

Moebius_Models_1966_Shortbed_Pickup.jpg

Finally, I had a lot of extra birthday money available so I got these two models that I've been wanting to get for quite some time:

Revell_Airbus_A400_Grizzly.jpg

Finemolds_Millenium_Falcon.jpg

Yeah, I am gonna need a lot of ceiling space!

Now for my raffle prizes. I managed to win five of them, most of which I'll be offering for sale:

Roden_Pilatus_PC-6_Turbo.jpg

Moebius_Models_Stoned_Hoods_and_Crooks_C

Academy_USS_Reuben_James_OHP_Frgate.jpg

Kitty_Hawk_OV-10D_Bronco.jpg

Tamiya_Type_16_Maneuver_Combat_Vehicle.j

Now, I'll probably build the Hoods and Crooks car just for fun. I want to sell the rest.

Note: the Academy frigate has been claimed

The Pilatus, the Bronco and the Type 16 are all up for grabs now. Highest offer will be honored.

Finally, the host club offered me a kit of my choosing from the unclaimed raffle prizes! So, I chose this one:

AMT_USS_Enterprise_Cut-Away.jpg

Yep! It was a glorious day!