More WW1 Stuff

ShutterAce

I've been hankering to do some WW1 figures, equipment, and even armor. There is very little out there. There are some nice figures in various scales but the few armor kits I have seen are not very impressive. One thing in particular i ma interested in doing is a Bellau Wood diorama but there are almost no U.S. Marine figures.

Jim,

What scale are you interested in? You'll find quite a bit out there in 1/72 and 1/76 scales, a lot of it in resin and white metal. In the larger scales, you're right. The Emhar kits are ok, but not great. They can be made to look pretty good, but they take a bit of work. RPM does a pretty nice FT-17 and there are PE and track replacement sets available for it. Tauro did the A7V a bunch of years ago but that kit was a punishment from God, so I hear, to build. Course, if you're talking Belleau Wood, you don't need any tanks.

I just emembered that Roden also does some Rolls-Royce armored cars in 1/35.

That RPM FT-17 is a pretty nice piece. Here's one I did with the replacement tracks and PE "stuff".

DSCN1950.jpg

DSCN1953.jpg

DSCN1951.jpg

DSCN1952.jpg

SECONDED, only I want some Jutland BB's in plastic and 1/350 scale. I'll even settle for 700 scale.

Or more USN ships would be nice too in 350.