A new forum administrator takes over Nov. 1

I'd like to take this opportunity to both;

1. Thank You Dennis for the GREAT job you have done overseeing and developing these boards and

2. Thank You Mark for so enthusiastically "picking-up-the-rains" for this important tool from Dennis.

I really enjoy these Forums and their continuously improving evolution. I'm very pleased that you plan to aggressively stay on that track.

A suggestion for our consideration;

Enhancing our Convention attendance with a "Convention Planning"(?) Threads aimed at;

1. Encouraging attendees to consider Room-sharing.

2. Facilitate Ride-shares for both the dive to the Convention and the Airport-to-Hotel

Ive done both the above for years with a number of different IPMS members. I've never had a problem, made new friends, saved $$$, and enhanced my convention experience.

Include other convention planning items. For example - my Convention Pocket Schedule (Excel format) I prepare each year ( listing my Meetings, Events, Appointments, Phone #s, etc.). I offered it (free) last year on the Forum. etc.

A few other members have utilized the Forum for the all above but it's been on a catch-as-catch-can basis. Perhaps a more focused approach might increase member participation and better serve our members.

Edited by ralph4hand

Chris,

Thanks for your quick response and Sounds Good to me :smiley4:

Yes, "Pinning" the Thread will give it more focus. We'll see.....

Please feel free to use anything from my proposal in the Thread Intro/description/prompt.

TAKE CARE and see you in Hampton.

Edited by ralph4hand

Guest PetrolGator

You too, Ralph. I'm REALLY hoping it works out. The wife and I have been wanting to make a trip to VA for some time. Buying models isn't a bad stimulus and hopefully I'll have something worth putting in the show!

Chris,

Hope it works out for you.

I grew up in Norfolk (but I've lived away from there for 50 years) and the Hampton Roads area has lots of great attractions.

My top rated place for new visitors would be Williamsburg ( a short and easy drive from Hampton), with Virginia Beach #2.

Good Luck and See you soon,

You too, Ralph. I'm REALLY hoping it works out. The wife and I have been wanting to make a trip to VA for some time. Buying models isn't a bad stimulus and hopefully I'll have something worth putting in the show!

Waddaya mean "you hope"? You've already took a Best of Show at one contest; you definitely have contenders for the Nationals! The closest thing I had to a contender was Dora and she fell flat on her barrel; figuratively speaking of course! You will surely place at the Nats in Hampton. I only wish I could be there to see it.

Guest PetrolGator

I was in the right place at the right time, Mark. I'm proud of my "Best of" but there were plenty of others who could have won. I'm still in my infancy with the hobby with a lot to learn and tools to get. :)

Your Dora is/was amazing. Don't kid yourself there!

• 1 month later...

Hey, just because I'm pretty and like pretty things doesn't meant you have to get all personal, Gil. I mean, PALM BEACH? My fake tan ain't that dark! ;)

PRETTY!? I just spit water on my monitor!

• 6 months later...

Ohh! My head is spinning from all the tangential cultural and pop-cultural references...

Help me, I can't get up!

R.

Robert

Yeah, I know Chris will ultimately make our solar systems safe for us humanoids. What a cause for planetary justice. Congrats Chris!

Mark