A new forum administrator takes over Nov. 1

I'm pleased to announce that moderator Christopher Martens will be taking over as forum administrator when I move on to my new role as IPMS/USA secretary Nov. 1. Chris has been active both here and on our Facebook page and I'm sure will prove to be a great forum administrator. Please join me in congratulating him on his promotion.

I'll leave it to him to share personal details with you.

Congrats, Chris!

Guest PetrolGator

Well, that's out of the bag.

I guess some of you have noticed some new sub forums added recently. Dennis and I have been attempting to increase participation and membership on what SHOULD be one of the largest scale modeling boards on the net.

This board is starting to self-police, and I like it that way. Moderating is a thankless, crappy job if you're always fighting membership's wishes. As it stands, things are the exact opposite. I love seeing current membership utilizing the IPMS boards more, and hope those who just signed up will choose to post more.

My goals are:

1) Increase current membership usage of the boards. I've asked that the "like" button have functionality so that membership can more easily show appreciation for a post. It's also a hugely flattering thing to see that pop up on an "in-progress" thread. I also feel like it can be a good stimulus for good posters to post more. I've also asked that a public "For Sale" forum be added for vendors to peddle their new goods and sales. This is also open for any members.

2) Advertise the boards on other forums to increase membership. The format and tools of this board are REALLY easy to use. I haven't seen a lot of modeling sites with a set up as good as this one. If patronage increases, we may increase subforums to better accommodate new membership.

As members, posting completed or in progress builds is a HUGE help. Those of us who are new to the hobby learn a lot when we have the ability to ask questions or watch someone try something new. Ya'll have seem my Laffey and the number of stupid mistakes I've made. In my opinion, helping other members grow in the hobby is a HUGE component of what IPMS is about. There are many members on this site that have helped me and that I owe a lot to. I want others to experience that.

In closing, I also want to say that if you have anything YOU want to see on the IPMS board changed/added, please message me. We do this job so that you, our membership, can have a good, productive time on the forums. The more usage it gets, the happier we are.

- Chris

congrats, That old guy was getting boring anyway, what was his name Dennis I think! :Smile-tongue:

Seriously, Dennis you have done a great job and you have really big shoes to fill. Best of luck!

Chris you will do great, change is always good. I look forward to helping you and the membership and seeing what you can do here. .

Chris G. : Haha! I'm glad I found someone who shared my desire to see this forum grow. That said, we can all contribute to growing this forum by sharing with our modeling buddies and encouraging them to post their latest builds, etc.

I know we can make this forum one of the best modeling forums on the web. Chris M. is off to a great start!

Now, if he can only wait till Nov. 1....

d

No Hammer of Thor? Well, just slide a "gator" under the offender's workbench.

Man,

I go on vacation to Virginia and the whole Rebel Alliance gets unleashed!!!! Have fun Chris! I would say you'll do great but you already know you will!

My only concern is that those not from the "south" won't be able to understand Chris when he types....that LA accent is strong....perhaps its time to get the Universal Translator app?

I've spoke to Chris and can vouch that the only thing Cajun about him is his breath! :smiley2: He's more of a laid back shop all day Palm Beach kinda guy...sort of a young Thurston Howe the 3rd type.....

"Oh Luvvy"! :lol:

GIL :smiley16:

• 1 month later...

Dennis, I'm glad to see to see that you will be engaged in resolving issues in the name of interplanetary justice! Ha! And best wishes to you Chris. All the best,

Mark

The corruption? Looking forward to it! We call such things "perks" out here in the outer rim of the galaxy...