Sturmtiger WIP

802chrisg

Thanks Guys for the comments.

Jim - The only things removed for painting where the mortor shells, which where painted and weather off the model and then put back in. Everything else was painted and weathered in place.

Chris

I assume that's 1/35 and not 1/72 because instead of just terrific it would be bloody marvelous!

I have a buddy of mine who has purchased that kit and all the interior "stuff" to do what you're doing, but has never gotten around to it. Stuff just sits there in the box. Quite the financial investment it was. Nice to see it actually done.

Thanks Tim and Ron. Yes she is 1/35 scale. This is the old Tamiya kit. I was able to save money by scratch building a lot of things. The kit comes with a Very basic interior, a drivers seat, the mortor rack frames, and the gun breech. I added everything elso. Going to add some type of lighting so the detail can be seen after the hatches and superstructure are in place.

• 4 months later...

Thanks Mark. It is hard to see all the detail inside when everything is completed. But it's there and I happy with the final results.

Strumtigerwipfinished020_zpsc706f46b.jpg

Strumtigerwipfinished014_zps1cefa3ba.jpg

Edited by 802chrisg

• 2 weeks later...

All glue together Mark! To view inside you have the back and roof hatch to look inside. I tried to put a LED light in it, but that was an after thought and did not work out due to not planing on the wire run and where to place the light. Next build with a interior I will do it.

Chris :Smile_sceptic: