My favorites from the Nats. What were yours?

My favorite was the 1/200 Bismarck. I don't think it won any awards, sadly, but it was impressive to see on of those superkits built up. I breifly talked to the older gentleman that built it as he was taking it out at the end of the show.

There were too many for me to pick my bests and a lot of them didn't win anything but some did. The ram bust that you liked is up there. Why they moved it to the Misc category that I judged I still don't understand but it definitely deserved it's first there. The Rag Tag Fleet from the old Battlestar Galactica show done up in studio scale was very nice and makes me glad I don't model to studio scale, who can afford all the kits needed to get just that one part?

The MIR space station and the large, 8 wheeled sci fi vehicle both were great to look at. The sci fi stuff in Juniors and Teens I had the pleasure of seeing at Wonderfest earlier this year and was very happy they decided to make the trip to Colorado. Heard from their Dad that their local IPMS club is mainly armor builders and seem to have little tolerance for anything without treads. This is a real shame as these 2 kids have some awesome talent. The USS Langley was at our local show in SLC last year so had the chance to ogle at it for a bit there. My hat is off to all who can scratchbuild any subject.

I also have to say while there wasn't really any airplane or tank that jumped out at me as my favorites there were plenty in both areas that I really liked and many ideas for builds have been generated.

The P-51 that took best a/c was maybe my favorite. Hard to say because of so many beautiful pieces of artwork. Perhaps the farmall tractor or the Langley. All were so amazingly built and finished.

Gee....who's my favorite kid (might be easier)... :smiley2:

Loved the Langley, the 1/48 Mustang that won Best A/C, Mike Moore's Fe biplane, and the "studio scale" Battlestar Galactica models. The 1/32 Gulfhawk Bearcat was also and eye catcher, as was the large scale P-38 drop tank salt flats racer. The 1/32 F-84G Thunderjet on the pole (in flight) had the BEST foil job I've ever seen!

I really liked all of them, and can't single out any one of them as being my favorite.

GIL :smiley16:

The 1/700 carrier in your favorites is the Akagi, and it took first in category 400.

Here are my favorites from the Nats. What were yours?

http://www.scalemodelsoup.com/2013/08/my-2013-nats-favorites.html

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup