1/72 F4u Corsair Aftermarket Parts...recommendations Wanted

StephenBierce

Hey.

I've had some old 1/72nd scale F4U Corsair hulks (Revell, Airfix and Heller) for years and I'm hoping to rebuild them. I've already stripped the paint off them and disassembled them, but these birds will need a LOT of help. I've decided on Quickboost engines for all of them (because my Bearcat engine swap went so well--see my review!) and Squadron canopies, but I want more resources. In particular:

* Landing Gear (Mains and Tails), wheel wells, tires, doors, and so forth

* Propellers

* Cockpit Interiors

* Dropped Flaps

* Drop tanks, napalm tanks, ordnance

* Photoetch (antennae, gunsights, etc.)

* Wing Fold hardware

I'm looking for any and all pointers. Thanks in advance for your interest.

Quickboost also has a nice set of Main Gear Doors (QB72116)...

True Details has resin cockpit set (TD72453), seats (TD72414), and wheels (TD72025)...

Extratech and Eduard have photoetch sets in 1/72...

HTH!

• 10 months later...

I'm reviving this topic because I'll be reviewing some Pavlamodels detail parts if all goes well (my Spitfire and Grumman Tigercat will be the intended recipients), and may acquire them for my Corsairs. Still, my main need (no pun intended) are landing gear struts and related hardware. Any sources for those?

• 1 month later...
I'm reviving this topic because I'll be reviewing some Pavlamodels detail parts if all goes well (my Spitfire and Grumman Tigercat will be the intended recipients), and may acquire them for my Corsairs. Still, my main need (no pun intended) are landing gear struts and related hardware. Any sources for those?

If you still need parts, I think I have some landing gear from the Hasegawa 1/72 Corsair in my parts box from stripped older models. Drop me an email at hegedus@md.metrocast.net with what you specifically need and I'll see what I've got.