Will there be a Blog feature within the forum?

Or is there one? I tried looking through the FAQ link and help link in upper right hand corner, but did not see it mentioned. Several other modeling forums have a blog feature available where modelers document their builds with photos and construction notes.

While I haven't used the feature myself, I find it interesting to follow on sites like PlanetArmor and Armorama.

Invision markets a product called IP.Blog which bundles with this Discussion Board. I do not know what it's performance history is, or how widely used it might be.

I'm not particularly keen on adding it, since we already have a "Reviews" section on this domain which eats up a lot of our storage space - especially since such an application would be subject to whatever volume of text and images any member might care to upload. Which brings up another issue - security. I'm VERY reluctant to allow general uploads to the site, for obvious reasons. (I had to think long and hard about allowing even personal photos and avatars).

If I did recommend it, I would insist it be done via a new, separate IPMS/USA Domain, which would substantially increase the annual cost of maintenance.

However, if there should be substantial interest expressed by the Membership, I would be willing to recommend it (subject to Executive approval for the annual expenditure), install it, and maintain it.

You guys really want to work me to death, don't you?

:smiley2:

It would be nice, but don't work yourself to death Bob. We need you. :smiley20:

• 2 weeks later...
It would be nice, but don't work yourself to death Bob. We need you. :smiley20:

Here, Here!

I don't think we would EVER find someone else to take on a task like this...

Not sure we'd need a blog, but then again I don't think I have ever had the desire to ever use one (too many other things going on)