Things that make you fume

Guest PetrolGator

Guest PetrolGator

I have another one: Clear resin. Specifically, messing it up.

So, I'm still in my "experimental" stage with my model building. I'm still not set on a way to do seascapes, or even rigging. I still wing it. My latest attempt at a "realistic" seascape ended in abysmal failure that almost cost me a very nice resin kit. I've since fixed it, but will NOT skimp on the measuring aspect of resin casting ever again......

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having volunteered to judge contests before, and being banished to the 1/72 scale armor category, I know that I do not know all there is about the various tank kits in this all-inclusive category. I don't see how you can expect the judge to know all the ins and outs about about the particular subject you built. Even for a specific category like WW2 German armor, I doubt many judges know everything there is to know about every kit in the category.

Likewise with a car, boat or aircraft category.

Guest PetrolGator

Inaccurate Tamiya models getting a free pass... Their recent Il-2 or Fi-156 for instance...

Wait. You mean the new Tamiya Yorktown and Hamman aren't the bestest things EVER? Trumpeter must have done it! :smiley16:

Seriously, agree. I've been hacking at Tamiya's new little destroyer off and on for a while... pain in the butt and costs as much as a DML 2+1 Benson class!