Great Convention !!!

A very loud WELL DONE to all the members of the host chapters of this years convention! Everything went smooth as far as I could tell. Venue was top notch and the hotel staff were very helpful. Pat yourselves on the back because you all DESERVE IT !!! See you all next year and have a safe trip home.

Thank you, Rick. Both the tractor and the Langley were awesome. Of course, being a ship type, I was pulling for the Langley.

YEA !! Yes, Another GREAT Convention. :P

Applause for the Committee :smiley31: and the Embassy Suites Host Hotel (Great Manager's Receptions). :smiley31:

Thank You. Sad to say - I got there, blinked, and it was over all to quickly. :smiley6::smiley19:

See you all in Hampton next year. :smiley20:

All of the above!

AND - I scored a great big B-17! With the wife's encouragement!

Fun, fun, fun. Super job by the CO IPMS crew. THANK YOU!

Edited by VonL

I think this is the first convention where I attended four seminars (very good selection of topics). I'd like to extend the thanks to the host chapters to include the volunteers who gave the seminars. Registration went smoothly (I pre-registered). My convention T-shirt had advertisements on the sleeves though (isn't $20 enough for a plain IPMS T-shirt?).

I had two of most things in my registration packet (not the decal sheet or CD, only one of each of those), including the schedule pamphlet, the tourist brochures, etc. I hope mine was the exception. Otherwise, someone was making extra work for themselves.

Ship models looked good after we rearranged the tables a bit, but the armor tables looked pretty crowded and the plane tables didn't look far behind. I hope there's more contest space in 2014 (are you listening Virginia?). I've got a picture of the bigger tanks that looks like a traffic jam.

Our last IPMS regional raffle had four fish bowls: armor, planes, cars, and other. You bought your tickets and put them in whichever bowl you wanted. I think that was a good idea, and one that might be worth considering for future Nationals. Car people don't always want planes, armor people don't want ships, etc. I'd like to see something like that next year in Virginia. I won a raffle prize (a jet kit) this year at Nationals (yea!), and I've decided to build it even though I almost exclusively do ships. When I won a figure kit at an earlier raffle, though, I tossed it into the 'kits for troops' donation box, because I knew I'd never build it. I might buy more tickets if I could put them into a ship modelers bowl.

Still, end of the day, I give a thoroughly resounding round of applause to our hosts in Colorado for the 2013 Nationals!! I had a great time and look forward to many more Nationals.

Dave K.

:eagleglobeanchor:

Edited by davidckoopman

A hearty "BRAVO!" to our hosts! Very well done. A great selection of seminars, too. I can't emember the last time I attended so many in one Convention.

At the banquet, it was announced that 750 members attended and brought 2534 contest entries....

For Dave Koopman

Dave, get me your mailing address and I'll get the decal sheet and DVD to you.

Tee shirts were only $18 or $20 for 2XL or 3XL don't know where the $45 figure

came from.

E-mail me at ctdavis.davis7@gmail.com

Arkie

convention committee member

Terrific convention. The Colorado group did a very nice job.I agree with David . i wasn't crazy about vendor advertisemnt on the sleeve of the shirt I paid for. Other than that pats on the back all around,

Rod

I can agree with the Kudo's to the Loveland convention crew. I'd like to give a huge "shout out" to Mark P. and his wife Eileen for their hard work to pull off a great show! Keep in mind Mark was both the convention co-chair and the Head Judge too !!!!

Mark

I too would rather not see advertising on our official IPMS/USA Convention T-shirts. This could get out-of-hand and head toward a NASCAR-like Advertisers competition for more prominent ad space.

Advertisers can follow Squadron Shop's lead in using T-shirts to advertise.

I also had a blast at this year's Nationals. It was great to finally meet in person so many people who I've only seen as posts on this Forum. Rubbing elbows with so many legends of IPMS was a tremendous experience. My only let down was being forced to compete in a regular category when I entered an OOB category. Entering OOB was my only chance to actually place and it was taken away from me with no recourse on my part to challenge the decision. Oh well, that's what I get for being a T-ball league baseball player on a Major League Baseball field at the World Series of Modeling.

My son and I had to leave on Saturday morning to get a head start on our drive back to Minnesota so we missed the banquet. Will the results be posted somewhere? This was our first visit to the nationals and we enjoyed it. It was humbling for sure.

I don't envy anyone who hosts a National Convention having been in the barrel in 2003. I didn't get to go, but from I hear the Nats this year was excellent. Well done Colo.!

On another subject, can someone point me to the photo of the model that got best of show? I heard it was a tractor! After seeing that magnificent Langley, I gotta see what beat it. I know the photos are posted, but can someone give a URL or any way to see it?

I had a great time at the show. Met a lot of old friends and made a few new ones.

Also, the Wings Over the Rockies museum gave our group the best treatment I have had on a tour yet.

I don't envy anyone who hosts a National Convention having been in the barrel in 2003. I didn't get to go, but from I hear the Nats this year was excellent. Well done Colo.!

On another subject, can someone point me to the photo of the model that got best of show? I heard it was a tractor! After seeing that magnificent Langley, I gotta see what beat it. I know the photos are posted, but can someone give a URL or any way to see it?

The tractor was pretty nice.

P8160246.JPG

P8160247.JPG

P8160248.JPG

That tractor was so good I thought it was a scratched metal engineering miniature, but it's plastic! It looks SO real, all that's missing is the barn sitting beside it! I'm sure glad we're an "airplane" society!

GIL :smiley16:

As to the "ad" on the shirts, I think they paid for or subsidized the shirts, ergo the "ad" on the sleeve. Not saying right or wrong, just why.

I would like to offer my congratulations to the Colorado chapters for hosting an excellent Nationals Convention. It was a beautiful location, with the mountains nearby. The registration process, both for the Convention and the models, was very efficient. I think the CD that was provided in the packets is excellent, the seminars I attended were extremely well done.

Thanks for a great time Colorado!