Pics from the Nats

OK, I will be posting pics up on my Picasaweb site as I get a chance and some of these will probably make it on the Nats photo page (I am supposed to shoot dioramas for that but have a tendency to shoot a lot more as I roam the room.

First up are a few pics from the Vendors rooms and the Colorado Takes Off Centennial of Flight display which is well worth the walk through. I will be giving these to Dick to post up after I shoot some of the dioramas (already a bunch of them on display). So look for those pics in both places. Other stuff I shoot will probably just be on my site.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115549746726410540917/IPMSNationals2013LovelandCO

If you are in the building and see me walking around (have my white HLJ hat on) stop and say hi. Already ran into several people from Salt Lake and Idaho and met a few others.

Tomorrow I will be checking out seminars and shooting pics and maybe another round of the Vendors areas.

Just over 700 pics so far and still need to finish ships and do auto, figures and aircraft.

Tomorrow I do the Wings over the Rockies Museum tour and then judging all night long. Hope to sneak a few pics in inbetween or even when judging (shh, don't tell).

This is turning out to be a very big show.

Phil, I've been looking all over for you. Been wanting to meet you. I'll be in my white Orange County shirt that says "Why yes! I have done some modeling!" I have the Braille Scale meeting on Saturday at 2 PM. Hopefully I'll see you sometime before.

Mark,

We have chatted a couple times in the room (I am wearing the white Hobbylink Japan hat). Going to try the small scale meeting but will see how the day goes. Got finished judging fairly early and hung around a while but just too tired and wanted to load up the rest of the pics.

Thanks all for the comments. Notice a few out of focus in the latest batch so will see if I can get some better ones Saturday.

Added another 600+ photos so had to start another album.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115549746726410540917/IPMSNationals2013LovelandCOPart2?noredirect=1#

Also got a couple hundred pics from Wings Over the Rockies Air Museum down in Aurora. They went all out and opened up most of their collection and gave us permission to climb under anything. A great staff and good collection.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115549746726410540917/WingsOverTheRockiesAuroraCO

Edited by philp

Thanks again Phil for the second large batch of snaps.

Could someone in attendance fill me in on the scale of the Salt Lakes Belly Tanker (photos 79 and 80)?

It looks to be 1/8th scale but that is merely a guess based off of the photographs.

Thanks,

Kevin

Phil,

All the time time and effort you put into this for our our enjoyment is very much appreciated. :smiley20:

Looking forward to seeing you in Hampton next year. :smiley1:

THANK YOU Again,

Ralph

Edited by ralph4hand