So slow, it's almost unusable

VonL

Granted, you guys may be tired of my lame posts, but...

About every 2nd or 3rd attempt to click from one IPMS USA forum to another, and every single attempt to post a reply, etc, practically locks up the page for several minutes. Even logging in and out usually takes at least two or three tries. Am a WINDOWS 7 user and this is the only online forum that gives me this trouble. Suggestions appreciated - if I can get back to this page.

Maybe I should go build a model - !

Have not had that problem with this site in the last couple of months with my W7, but facebook will lock up almost every time. Have you cleared your cache files?

Hi,

I'm assuming you are using Internet Explorer, but which version?

You might also test out the Forums with Google Chrome to see if its something weird with IE...

Eric

Granted, you guys may be tired of my lame posts, but...

About every 2nd or 3rd attempt to click from one IPMS USA forum to another, and every single attempt to post a reply, etc, practically locks up the page for several minutes. Even logging in and out usually takes at least two or three tries. Am a WINDOWS 7 user and this is the only online forum that gives me this trouble. Suggestions appreciated - if I can get back to this page.

Maybe I should go build a model - !

Hi,

For these kind of web apps (Forums), 'reads' (reading posts, etc.) will almost always be faster than 'writes' (submitting posts, sending private messages, etc).

Eric

No issues here either using IE 8. Flip pages as fast as I can click. May take a second or two to get a post up but that's it

Dave

Twice today when I clicked on the link for IPMSUSA from my home page, I got the white screen message "Service unavailable" and no home page material.

On the left side of the screen where the buttons should be, I got a white rectangle with the button labels stacked inside. I clicked on the Forum word in the white rectangle and it took me to the sign in screen for the Forum. That's how I got here now.

Ed

Hmm.. this is unrelated to the Forums.. may need to call tech support.

Eric

Twice today when I clicked on the link for IPMSUSA from my home page, I got the white screen message "Service unavailable" and no home page material.

Ed