VOLUNTEER PHOTOGRAPHERS NEEDED!!!!!

The THIN AIR Nationals is just around the corner and I am once again seeking volunteer photographers to take images during the National Convention in Colorado and to submit them for inclusion on the IPMS/USA Website.

We (IPMS/USA) use a system called Filezilla to easily upload pictures that you take unto a secure web server that works just like a hard drive on your computer or laptop. The photographers are now able to upload their own images without having to drop off and pick up their flash drives or diskettes. The system allows for temporary access to a secured area of the IPMS server into which the images can be uploaded by the volunteer.

Information on how this works, along with temporary "log in" info is shared with each volunteer when they "sign up" for service.

I will not be attending this year but have found an INCREDIBLE gentleman who is willing to do the transfer for those that don’t wish to mess with the internet. He will have the ability to take your USB Sim card and transfer your pictures from the camera card to his device in about 2-5 minutes, or we can plug in your camera directly to the laptop and transfer that way as well.

We need volunteers for:

Automotives
Ships
Space and Sci Fi
Dioramas and Misc
SIGs and Display-Only
Figures

Make-N-Take

Vendors

People, Places, Things
Tours... (Having pictures submitted by folks who go on the tours would be great!)
Anything not listed above....

Colorado has decided to not use the same forms as previous years so we will CAREFULLY mark the upper right side of the entry from with the photographers initials so we all know it has been photographed. This marking ensures there is no doubling on pictures or effort.

The model categories are usually large enough to be split between volunteers.

The type of camera being used or the size of the image one submits is not important. If you wish to volunteer you can reply here, PM me, or email me at tacomaipms@comcast.net.

Mark, you slacker. This one is even close to home.

I will be there and once again would like to take on:

Space and Sci Fi
Dioramas and Misc
SIGs and Display-Only

Ships (unless someone else wants to do these)

I will also be on the Wings Over the Rockies museum tour and will take pics there.

Mark, can you give me your convention contact info. I would like to approach them to get permission to shoot pics after the contest room closes. Unless you want to do that first.

I thought there were more replies to this post. Interesting.

I just picked this up:

LA_New_Camera.jpg

I might as well give it a workout at the Nats. Sign me up. I'll take anything not already claimed so far.

I'm so sorry you won't be there this year, I was so hoping to see you again. Take care.

• 2 weeks later...

Kent,

Got a great bunch of volunteers and I am really bummed that we could not make it this year!!!! Was really looking forward to Fort Carson on the way back!

VA is a definite! Hometown turf for me! Already told the misses I will do that solo if she can't swing vaca.

• 2 weeks later...