Cessna 337 Skymaster COMPLETED

WildBill50

Here it is...Aurora's Cessna 337 Skymaster.

I built it out of the box except for adding control wheels and lap belts in the cockpit. The paint scheme looks rather garish in these photos due to the lighting. MM German gray of some sort with metallic maroon and teal from the small square bottles. All of the stripes were painted on with various masking tapes. The gold outlines were from a Sharpie gold paint pen that was picked up at Hobby Lobby. This has a fine paint tip that worked oou really well. I placed the tip against the masking tape and drew all of my gold lines on in minutes. Some minor clean up from paint creep was all that was needed. I picked this scheme after looking at pictures of Skymasters that have been painted differnt from the usual. My friend owns a 337 and is thinking about getting it repainted. He thought the plane looked good in a dark color. Taking this cue from him, I painted the model Dark gray and then the various stripes. The stripes are in the standard areas that Cessna applied them in their various colors. I also cut out the landing light areas on the wings and filled them with polished clear sprue.

Overall this was fun to build and just get a little creative with the scheme. No camouflage and FS #'s to worry about.

I'll give this to my friend when he gets back to the world in a week or two. Hope he likes it.

Comments welcome.

Bill

CIMG1226_zps63007a2e.jpg

CIMG1226_zps63007a2e.jpgCIMG1225_zps8a345a18.jpgCIMG1224_zps0c65dd02.jpgCIMG1223_zps551319ef.jpgCIMG1227_zpsa025cdc8.jpg

Thanks guys.

I wish there were some more civilian general aviation planes available in a larger scale. There are some real interesting subjects out there.

Gil, I think the only one in 1/48 is the old Heller kit. They have it as an 0-2 FAC bird.

Chris, this was from my cousin who almost tossed it in the trash. He wasn't even sure if all of the parts were in the open box. Semi kind of silk purse fro a sow's ear.

Thanks for looking